PDA

View Full Version : Autobild test Audi S5 vs BMW M3 E92

Audi.de
September 8th, 2007, 17:22
Amazing that S5 has ver close times to new M3 (and S5 was made to beat the crap 335i not M3, so....) and in another way of saying M3 does 0-100km/h in 4.9S!!!!That's very low in comparison to the RS4 B7 which has done in every test minimum 4.4-4.6s (and the best times of 4.2s), and of course RS4 is even faster to 0-200km/h vs M3: M3 done in 15.7s and RS4 B7 in (another test of course) in 15.4s but look close to the times of S5 vs M3, very very close indeed, just 0.2s faster is M3...so is it bmw doing fast cars vs audi right now?noop. Imagine what will do the new RS5, biturbo with more power or the same power as an M5 (500HP estimated for the new RS5) so Audi rocks again....look at the link here:http://www.autobild.de/artikel/Themen-Sportscars-Der-Schoene-und-das-Biest_416315.html

RussianM3_dude
September 8th, 2007, 20:28
RubbishAudiPassenger, is that you??????

Repost by the way...

Leadfoot
September 9th, 2007, 01:31
I don't speak the language so I don't know which car won the test.

Who was it then? :hihi:

AndyBG
September 9th, 2007, 06:43
Audi wins !!!

472 : 464 points

This comes as a BIG suprise to me... !

Leadfoot
September 9th, 2007, 08:03
Audi wins !!!

472 : 464 points

This comes as a BIG suprise to me... !

I was being smart when I said I don't know, but again what this proves is if the car is close enough on most of the things then price out-weighs the benefits of performance, handling etc.

Take note RussianM3_dude, this is a similar result to recent tests between the 335i and S5. If you take of cost out of the equation then the S5 will always win, just as the M3 would have won this test as well. :D

RussianM3_dude
September 9th, 2007, 11:37
Take price out of the equation and the P997TT will always beat the R8... So what??? Price is NEVER out of the equation. If BMW had an extra 20K CHF to play with, S5 would have been left flapping in it's wake like a used kleenex.

Thrives
September 9th, 2007, 11:44
Here is the google translate which if anything proves that Google still has some way to go with this kind of technology; not exactly A+ English but it works :)

http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.autobild.de%2Fartikel %2FThemen-Sportscars-Der-Schoene-und-das-Biest_416315.html&langpair=de%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF8

As for the test, well as you guys already hinted that price determines the win for Audi. As for the ever recurring debate of straight line accelaration the author notes how they are pretty much equal until 160 kph after which the M3 leaves the Audi for dead. As expected I guess.

Leadfoot
September 9th, 2007, 12:51
Take price out of the equation and the P997TT will always beat the R8... So what??? Price is NEVER out of the equation. If BMW had an extra 20K CHF to play with, S5 would have been left flapping in it's wake like a used kleenex.

Similarly with Audi put the extra £10K difference in to the S5 between it and the M3, I very much doubt the M3 would have stood a chance.

But then we will find out soon enough because the RS5 will roughly be this difference in price and everyone knows it will be in a different league.:hihi:

Clearly in their opinion the S5 must have been close enough in every discipline to warrant it the victory. Maybe the weather at the time was less than perfect. :lovl:

Leadfoot
September 9th, 2007, 13:07
I didn't realise that the M3 was using the non-standard 19" alloys with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup+ tyres. Hardly the fairest of handling tests to give one standard road tyres and the other trackday specials.

RussianM3_dude
September 10th, 2007, 12:08
They are standard with the 19 inch wheels.

Leadfoot
September 10th, 2007, 12:25
They may well be standard with the 19" alloys but it's still an unfair comparison to expect a car running standard stock tyres to compete with something running trackday specials. No wonder the lap times were so different, I doubt running the same rubber there would have been little or no difference at all.

RussianM3_dude
September 10th, 2007, 14:41
So do CCeramic brakes and PZeros which Audi used for the NRing run.