PDA

View Full Version : Well I pulled the trigger on a 08 S6

JWC
September 7th, 2007, 23:13
Last night I purchased an 08 S6 for the wife to replace the 06 BMW 525 she was driving. I must say the Audi is a very nice car, this is our first. She must really like it to because she drove us home in it and she never drives when we are together! Hey guys why don't we have a mad yellow head waving a S6 flag?

Ruergard
September 8th, 2007, 08:06
Congratulations!

A great car, I understand why she's happy! :hihi:

No, there's no S6 flag.. :/

AndyBG
September 8th, 2007, 13:54
Know. when you have the car, next step could be posting pic's vid's and first impressions on this thread...

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12045

Congrat's on your car ! :thumb:

AuditudeA642
September 8th, 2007, 19:44
Good Luck and Nice Car!! Be careful that is one fast car. I just got an RS4 and its drives fast so easy that you dont even realize it. Thank God for that Speed Warning in the cluster.

JWC
September 8th, 2007, 20:15
Thanks guys I'll try and post some pictures soon. As far as my impressions of the car I like alot of things about it. The steering is very tight and percise. The power is very good. The exhaust sound is great. The interior of the car is the money shot for me. The way it all works is very logical and easy for someone with little "dodad" knowledge like me to actually operate. Her BMW 525 I drive drove me nuts! The overall quality of the car and materials used to bolt it all together are first rate. I test drove quite a few cars before leading my wife into this one and I feel we made the right decision. It's a car that you can look at, open and close the dooors on, and it all spells out QUALITY.

Audiphile
September 8th, 2007, 21:00
Congratulations on your S6. I have a silver S6 and everything you say about it is totally true. It oozes not only speed, but quality. I am up to 7000 miles with not a single issue. Sometimes, I wonder if it is a high performance sports sedan considering its reliability and daily ease of use. Enjoy! I know I am!

...and welcome from the "Dark Side" to the "Enlightened Side." You just found out why Audi is so great and you wonder why so many Americans miss out on it.

JWC
September 9th, 2007, 05:25
Missing out in out on Audi in our case was due to lack of dealerships in our section of Virginia. There is only one Audi dealership (Richmond) and until two weeks ago we had never even test driven one. We started with an S4, it was great but to small for the wife. Then I did a search and found an S6 about an hour or so from the house. Well all I can say is after a test drive the rest is history.

JWC
September 10th, 2007, 21:47
Well I took a few pics. now how to I post them? I have them on Kodak Easy Share and can email them I think. I am not the best when it comes to computers. I need a little (ok a lot ) of help. Thanks, John

JWC
September 19th, 2007, 05:36
I took a few more pics of the S6 and my 02 TT Porsche if anyone cares to post them for me. I can email them to you, thanks, John

Finalmix
September 19th, 2007, 05:51
Well I took a few pics. now how to I post them? I have them on Kodak Easy Share and can email them I think. I am not the best when it comes to computers. I need a little (ok a lot ) of help. Thanks, John

Register to a media storage site, such as photobucket.com (it's free), and then simply upload your photos to that site. At the bottom of each picture you upload it'll even give you the IMAGE (IMG) code that you can simply copy and paste into your post. Hope that helped, and congrats on the new car.

JWC
September 19th, 2007, 12:47
Finalmix thanks for trying to help a computer ant send pictures. I can't cut, past, copy, or send pics, unless I can put my hands directly on the materials. My pictures are on my Kodak "easy" share system, I can email them but thats it.