PDA

View Full Version : Buying a modded RS6?

930chas
September 7th, 2007, 11:35
I have found an RS6 that I like. Should be the right price after some negotiation, and is definitely the color combo that I would be interested in. But it is already modded, chip and exhaust. That probably puts a stop to all chances of an aftermarket warranty? Also, is there any way to check if the extra power has taken its toll on the transmission. I love the idea of the extra power, but am a little concerned about the ramifications. Oh, yeah, here it is, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-Audi-RS6-ONE-OWNER-ECU-chips-520HP-BI-TURBO-FAST_W0QQitemZ300149013728QQihZ020QQcategoryZ15010 8QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Thanks much for any input.

gjg
September 7th, 2007, 12:30
all maintenance receipts?

You would have to change oil in gearbox (if the orevious owned did not do it at 35k maintenance) and get the old one checked ...

got boost
September 7th, 2007, 12:34
..........pm sent

iconcls
September 7th, 2007, 13:12
a chipped RS 6 with a 10' pole

mi021le
September 7th, 2007, 17:27
ur good. i say.

ruxprncd
September 8th, 2007, 01:26
O.CT is good stuff, and the exhaust is a non-issue. I don't think it's any riskier than buying a stock RS6 with that many miles on it (which I did, in late January, and then added O.CT chip).

kip
September 8th, 2007, 19:07
I have found an RS6 that I like. Should be the right price after some negotiation, and is definitely the color combo that I would be interested in. But it is already modded, chip and exhaust. That probably puts a stop to all chances of an aftermarket warranty? Also, is there any way to check if the extra power has taken its toll on the transmission. I love the idea of the extra power, but am a little concerned about the ramifications. Oh, yeah, here it is, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-Audi-RS6-ONE-OWNER-ECU-chips-520HP-BI-TURBO-FAST_W0QQitemZ300149013728QQihZ020QQcategoryZ15010 8QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Thanks much for any input.

I allways buy stock cars, because I am a little sceptic. Usually when modded "good" cars are for sale I have found that there is a reason the owner is selling the car. I also didnt like that the MTM RS6 had an engine fire when they tested it in Nardo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aViIIzk9hJ4&mode=related&search=

Id buy a stock car and then tune it, thats safer and you now what you are getting...

AuditudeA642
September 8th, 2007, 19:47
modded cars are usually a little beat. I say drive the car and see if it shifts right!!

draklleb
September 30th, 2007, 03:48
Hey now....I picked up that car last week...didn't even know it was listed on ebay.

I know the person who owned the car and had it upgraded....so I wasn't worried at all. And.....it is FAN-freakin-TASTIC!!! :R8kiss:

My sporty-type car is a Lotus Elise and I had to think a bit about what I would do if I could only keep one 'fun' car... I will still choose the Elise, but giving up this RS6 would cause me a lot of pain.

W

930chas
September 30th, 2007, 12:22
W....you lucky sonofagun!! That car looks so sweet. I had been talking with a sales-rep Sergio there, just didn't come up with the funds in time. It took me a lot longer to sell my Jeep SRT8 then originally anticipated..lol.

DuckWingDuck
October 1st, 2007, 02:54
Just to echo the thoughts of others in here (and commenting non-specifically), anybody who would take the effort and cash to mod their car are probably those looking to maximise the performance of their vehicle. If I'm going to spend a ton of cash to void the warranty of my $100,000 car, you can be damned sure I'm going to be driving the hell out of it. Under those conditions, I'm not so sure that I would like to be the second hand user of such a vehicle.

andyp
October 2nd, 2007, 20:33
All:

That was my car for sale ... I had a lot of fun with it and some of you might have seen the write-ups I did when I took it to Summit Point and VIR, where Randy Pobst drove it. Did I "drive the hell out of it"? I'm not sure what that really means. I enjoy driving and as an enthusiast, the oil was always warm before any spirited driving took place and the car was always serviced on time. It was regularly washed and polished and always kept in a garage. If I were looking for a used car, I'd be very happy to buy one from somebody like me.

Andy

930chas
October 3rd, 2007, 00:26
Andy, salt in the wounds my friend, salt in the wounds!!! lol.

DuckWingDuck
October 3rd, 2007, 06:15
All:

That was my car for sale ... I had a lot of fun with it and some of you might have seen the write-ups I did when I took it to Summit Point and VIR, where Randy Pobst drove it. Did I "drive the hell out of it"? I'm not sure what that really means. I enjoy driving and as an enthusiast, the oil was always warm before any spirited driving took place and the car was always serviced on time. It was regularly washed and polished and always kept in a garage. If I were looking for a used car, I'd be very happy to buy one from somebody like me.

Andy

Heh, Andy, certainly no disrespect meant!

andyp
October 3rd, 2007, 15:32
Maybe I was a little defensive there!

I'll miss my RS6 ... it is an incredible car and for those of you who are thinking about chipping it ... I thoroughly recommend the O.CT chip with Millteck exhaust ... it maintains the stock BHP/Torque curve profiles, just raises them up ... the car actually ran smoother after the modification and performed better at all speeds than my previous E39 M5, whereas the stock car seemed not to over 100 (track experience, of course :hahahehe: ).

Good luck to all you RS6 owners :cheers:

Andy

P.S. I replaced the RS6 with A CLK Black Series ... another awesome car!

DuckWingDuck
October 4th, 2007, 03:30
P.S. I replaced the RS6 with A CLK Black Series ... another awesome car!

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Totally awesome car!!