PDA

View Full Version : Where to order an S5 (Northern California)

srtjeep
September 7th, 2007, 05:58
My dad has his heart set on a new S5 (after no small amount of prodding on my part) and would like to order one as soon as possible. He lives in Reno so my first instict was to contact our local Lithia dealer. I called and made personal appearances several times only to be told I would be contacted by a new car sales manager ....which never happened so we're looking to order elsewhere. I called Neillo Audi in Roseville and was told they only had two coming, one spoken for and if I wanted the other one I would have to pay a $10,000 premium :(

Long story short, who in the Northern California area should I call to place an order without dealer markup/ "market adjustment value" etc ? My dad is willing to pay MSRP but will absolutely not pay any additional markup. Is this possible at this point in time or will he need to wait awhile?

Additionally, hes OK with a manual but I get the impression he would prefer an auto/dsg unit. Is the coming auto/dsg going to be anything special or is it basically going to be the same unit used in the current S4/A6 4.2? Will it hamper performance?

Thanks in advance :)

Audiphile
September 8th, 2007, 21:53
Honestly, I would consider making a trek to Southern California or at least the Bay Area to order the S5. I think you will have a better chance of securing an S5 at the proper pricing in Southern California where there are many Audi dealers and it is a highly competitive market. I was told by my dealer that he has a pre-order book of 30 S5s already with deposits. Currently, his R8s are shipping in with 2 to arrive this month for customers.:R8: