PDA

View Full Version : RS4 V8,M3 E92,CAYMAN S drag race video

KK265
September 5th, 2007, 21:27
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2947874912778043925&q=RS4&total=333&start=0&num=10&so=1&type=search&plindex=0

Erik
September 5th, 2007, 22:12
Nice, but an angle from the finish line would be nice too...

KK265
September 5th, 2007, 22:28
Nice, but an angle from the finish line would be nice too...
I think is from EVO greek magazine as i saw a sticker on M3 doors.Next month the results.The guy who posted the video says that M3 won.See up and right the comments.

Leadfoot
September 5th, 2007, 22:30
I think until the M3 gets DSG box with LC this type of start will be quite common with Mister Joe Average behind the wheel in the heat of a race.

It's one of the things I love about Quattro, plenty of revs, down the clutch and every starts the same, piles of grip and your off.

Audi.de
September 5th, 2007, 23:44
RS4 was the fastest as we all seen in the video.

Bingocaller
September 6th, 2007, 09:51
Damn that RS4 walk on the others!

KK265
September 6th, 2007, 10:30
Damn that RS4 walk on the others!
It is the same car that gave similar times to S5 in another test.

Leadfoot
September 6th, 2007, 11:09
Well like I said in the other thread, any car can have an off day and clearly this must have been the case because it put up a good showing here.

Paul_rs4
September 6th, 2007, 15:43
M3 leaves before the rs4 they don't go in the same time that would be 1 and 2nd well that is one of the poorest quattro start i've seen in an rs4!

RussianM3_dude
September 6th, 2007, 16:25
I think until the M3 gets DSG box with LC this type of start will be quite common with Mister Joe Average behind the wheel in the heat of a race.

It's one of the things I love about Quattro, plenty of revs, down the clutch and every starts the same, piles of grip and your off.

And sweet, sweet smell of a burning clutch.

Leadfoot
September 6th, 2007, 16:29
I don't think the car can be blamed for the RS4's poor start, I reckon the driver is the one to blame.

Mori
September 6th, 2007, 16:34
Author says the M3 won.

Mmm
September 6th, 2007, 17:35
Well like I said in the other thread, any car can have an off day and clearly this must have been the case because it put up a good showing here.

I think it was the same day they tested the RS4 & published the results. And yeah being ahead for a few seconds is not winning a race. According to the results the M3 won the standing start runs & rolling start runs pretty significantly.

Leadfoot
September 6th, 2007, 18:45
I think it was the same day they tested the RS4 & published the results. And yeah being ahead for a few seconds is not winning a race. According to the results the M3 won the standing start runs & rolling start runs pretty significantly.

I'm not so sure it was the same day or if it was then something bad happened between this video and the timed runs because even with the bad video angle the RS4 clearly stayed in front for all of 1st and 2rd gear and I reckon 3rd as well, that was be approaching 100mph that the RS4 was in the lead and the test times showed the M3 a full 1.5+ seconds ahead at 100mph.

That's not what was seeing.

Mmm
September 6th, 2007, 19:36
When I say same day I don't meant that particular race. I doubt they were timing all 3 cars at the same time. On the same day yeah. They strap the equipment to each car & run several runs & publish the fastest times. Then they strap the equipment onto the next car.

PLease tell me how you can see which car is ahead at 100mph. You can freeze the screen & post it because I can't see anything after the 1st few seconds.

KK265
September 6th, 2007, 20:05
I'm not so sure it was the same day or if it was then something bad happened between this video and the timed runs because even with the bad video angle the RS4 clearly stayed in front for all of 1st and 2rd gear and I reckon 3rd as well, that was be approaching 100mph that the RS4 was in the lead and the test times showed the M3 a full 1.5+ seconds ahead at 100mph.

That's not what was seeing.
Do not be confused.This is a new video from a test which results will see in a few days.I promise to publish the results.The cars are press cars and were measured from another magazine (4 wheels) :Rs4 1 year ago on 1000 km on counter and M3 in August 2007.These are the results you show (4 wheels) .Now we will have new results from EVO.

Leadfoot
September 6th, 2007, 20:30
PLease tell me how you can see which car is ahead at 100mph. You can freeze the screen & post it because I can't see anything after the 1st few seconds.

If you have the sound on you will be able to count the gear changes and it as plain as day that the RS4 pulls out a good 1 1/2 car lengths within the first two gears and I reckon judging that the M3 and RS4 are roughly the same size and it looks to me that the RS4 is the smaller dot in the distance, I can't judge the speed but based on the gear changes I think they must have been in 4th by the end of the video.

kip
September 8th, 2007, 18:57
what a crap video.

Not only did some cars seem to get a jump start, you can't see what the end result was.

No point in the video

I agree, in normal race videos you see who wins...:burnout:

However, nice cars!!!