PDA

View Full Version : Input on 2008 S6

JWC
September 5th, 2007, 19:47
My name is John and I am a new member here and I would like any input on the 2008 S6. I have test driven one and may be purchasing it for my wife. Any input you may have on this car would be greatly appreciated. I have only test driven Audi's (never owned one) S4 and S6 so it's all new to me. The S4 was a little small for her so I figured the S6, what do you guys think? Thanks.

Ricoloco
September 5th, 2007, 20:26
Go for it! Its a real piece of understatment. Elegant and sporty, great interor and top quality all the way. If you want even moore HP, wait for the RS6...

JWC
September 5th, 2007, 20:35
Thanks for your input. I think the RS6 may be to much for her. But if she feels the need for more speed she can always take my 996 TT out for a spin!

Ricoloco
September 5th, 2007, 20:47
She will love the interior, great feeling and very easy to handle but very advanced in the same way. And the LED-lights...:bow:

Ruergard
September 5th, 2007, 20:50
The S6 would be perfect, big, stable, powerfull enough and with top-quality! And room for a lot of shoppingbags. ;)

JWC
September 5th, 2007, 20:53
Hey now what that shopping bag advise....thats not free LOL!

AndyBG
September 6th, 2007, 02:25
I, personaly, love S6. It has that sweet V10 engine, looks are just wright, LED's are awesome, inside of it is just great...

You can look here, some nice pic's and opinions of the owners could be found...

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12045

JWC
September 6th, 2007, 06:44
Thanks AndyBG!

AndyBG
September 7th, 2007, 12:39
:thumb: :cheers:

JWC
September 7th, 2007, 12:59
Well I pulled the trigger last night and we purchased the car. I must say although it's for the wife I really like the car. Oh and when my wife and I are in the same car I always drive.....until last night when we picked up "her" car LOL.

AndyBG
September 8th, 2007, 13:44
Nice car for your lady... CONGRAT'S !

rubyblack
September 8th, 2007, 17:42
S6, very underststed car, enjoy!!! Could you please assist and pm me what exact size alloys and tyres are fitted......I take it they are 19's?? :thumb:

kip
September 8th, 2007, 18:53
My name is John and I am a new member here and I would like any input on the 2008 S6. I have test driven one and may be purchasing it for my wife. Any input you may have on this car would be greatly appreciated. I have only test driven Audi's (never owned one) S4 and S6 so it's all new to me. The S4 was a little small for her so I figured the S6, what do you guys think? Thanks.

I have owned a S4 -98 and driven the new S4 and former S6 models (not the new one). I have owned a E39 M5 and now have a E55. I would consider the Audi S6 only if you need AWD eg in the winter. BMW 550i and MB e500 are faster and cheaper. Atleast here in Finland with the S badge you get to pay more mony for spare parts than normal A6, this is not again true for the abovementioned BMW and MB which have the same price for parts. If you, however, want the fastest thing around the block right now, Id go for the RS6. However, Audi tends to put their RS models on market just when they are about to present a new model which sucks big time. The S6 looks good with its LED lights and is the best of the bunch in slippery conditions.

kip
September 8th, 2007, 18:55
Well I pulled the trigger last night and we purchased the car. I must say although it's for the wife I really like the car. Oh and when my wife and I are in the same car I always drive.....until last night when we picked up "her" car LOL.

Sorry, I didnt read this post yet before answering...

Congrats on your car!