PDA

View Full Version : You can add my RS6 to the list of DRC problems, Any Advice?

akewamish
September 5th, 2007, 19:37
Took it to Audi of Nashua, NH and they confirmed it was the DRC. Peculiar thing was that they had to order parts and sent me home until they come in. Is this even safe? I live about 40 miles away (all highway) I have a week left of factory warranty due to the "in service" date car still only has 41k miles.

I don't have an opportunity for them to screw it up w/o a major battle after this.:argue: Any advice on what to specifically look for?

peiserg
September 6th, 2007, 03:09
I'd just replace it with bilsteins. $1500 and you never have to worry again. Of course, if it's under warranty, that's another story...

ott
September 6th, 2007, 09:56
+1 , although my Bilsteins were $2500.

S6LANA
September 6th, 2007, 18:45
Sux for sure. After 12 months of trying to get the dealer to acknowledge an issue existed, I just picked up my RS6 and the suspension is totally fixed.

First, yes it is typical for them to order the parts and send you home. They just don't stock them for this car. Happened to me too and it's not dangerous.

Second, I would give them one shot to do it right. If you have trouble after the fix, immediately call AOA. They have a special hotline just for A8/RS6 owners and will contact the dealer immediately.

Surprisingly, they were very responsive and took the bull by the horns to initiate the fix with the dealer and let me know what was going on. I was pretty impressed.

Good luck.