PDA

View Full Version : New RS6. Avant only and Not For Sale in USA.

Hy Octane
September 5th, 2007, 17:46
I mentioned this a month or so ago after speaking to a very well informed top AoA tech. You all laughed.. Hopefully the value of ours will stay high now as a result.

Official RS6 press release here..

http://forums.audiworld.com/rs6/msgs/36949.phtml

tvrfan
September 5th, 2007, 17:54
avant only? there will be no RS6 saloon produced?

hmmm wouldnt be the magnetic ride from the TT better than the DRC?

tvrfan
September 5th, 2007, 20:17
somebody knows? it doesnt mean, that there dont will be a RS6 saloon, or? there will be one right?

India Whiskey Charlie
September 5th, 2007, 20:26
"The new Audi RS 6 will therefore only be available as an Avant to start with,"

Even if it doesn't come to the US, it will likely be available in 4-door sedan as well.

jonas21
September 5th, 2007, 21:05

surely a sedan will come. i guess somewhere mid 2008.
Anyway, Audi sold more avants than sedan and thus its the right thing to offer the avant first. I guess they learned from the RS4 which was first sedan then avant...

jonas21
September 5th, 2007, 21:08
I mentioned this a month or so ago after speaking to a very well informed top AoA tech. You all laughed.. Hopefully the value of ours will stay high now as a result.

Official RS6 press release here..

http://forums.audiworld.com/rs6/msgs/36949.phtml

Hy Octane, that text at the top saying it wont be released in the US is not from Audi. Someone has added it. Lets wait for the IAA, maybe we get some insight on US delivery then. Maybe Audi wants to see how well the RS6 sells and then decide if they go US. However i highly doubt that they will never bring the RS6 to the US. Its the perfect market for it.

Leadfoot
September 5th, 2007, 23:13
The RS6 saloon will come but only if the demand warrants it, if this indeed is the case then expect the saloon version mid 2008 at the same time as the face-lift.

artur777
September 5th, 2007, 23:45
The RS6 saloon will come but only if the demand warrants it, if this indeed is the case then expect the saloon version mid 2008 at the same time as the face-lift.

Leadfoot, how shoud we understand your phrase "only if the demand warrants it"?

Does that mean there is a certain probability of no Saloon at all?
For me, it's all unclear.
Initially I was going to order new RS6 Saloon, but now I am frustrated: whether to wait for Saloon or buy Avant in case Saloon doesn't appear at all.

Moreover, RS6 Avant will be in the market in April, 2008 - already when a facelifted A6 would ve presented at Geneva IAA. May it be that Audi is trying to postpone RS6 appearance in the market until A6 is facelifted?

Hy Octane
September 5th, 2007, 23:56
Hy Octane, that text at the top saying it wont be released in the US is not from Audi. Someone has added it. Lets wait for the IAA, maybe we get some insight on US delivery then. Maybe Audi wants to see how well the RS6 sells and then decide if they go US. However i highly doubt that they will never bring the RS6 to the US. Its the perfect market for it.

Ok. Try this one then..
http://www.thecarconnection.com/Car_Shows_and_Concept_Cars/Frankfurt_Auto_Show/Audi_RS6_Avant_Not_For_U_S_.S290.A13320.html

Given the problems they had here with the first ones, DRC etc, and the limited number of units plus having to train the techs, it was more trouble for Audi than it was worth. too many bad reports about the service experience with the RS6,. This plus having to pay to certify it for USA (remember ours didnt get seats, etc) in such small numbers ...all adds up to more headaches for Audi whern they dont need any more bad press.
Personally, I dont like the look of it much and I will be waiting for the RS5 which will be a monster.
At least if they eventually do decide to bring the sedan here, hopefully the gremlins will have shown by then and fixed.

jonas21
September 6th, 2007, 03:26
Well, still not that sure about it. It doesnt quote any source for the information.

Leadfoot
September 6th, 2007, 10:08
Leadfoot, how shoud we understand your phrase "only if the demand warrants it"?

Does that mean there is a certain probability of no Saloon at all?
For me, it's all unclear.
Initially I was going to order new RS6 Saloon, but now I am frustrated: whether to wait for Saloon or buy Avant in case Saloon doesn't appear at all.

Moreover, RS6 Avant will be in the market in April, 2008 - already when a facelifted A6 would ve presented at Geneva IAA. May it be that Audi is trying to postpone RS6 appearance in the market until A6 is facelifted?

The info I have is that if demand doesn't out strip supply then there will be no RS6 saloon and the model will most likely cease in 2009. This would stop AoA getting the car and pave the way for the RS4/5 to move forward in the production cycle. But if the demand is there then we will see a RS6 saloon which might mean a longer cycle than normal.

I don't believe any of us really knows what the Board decisions will be with regards to the RS6 saloon or when future RS models will appear, maybe nearer the time but not 4~5 years in advance.

guessWHO
September 6th, 2007, 10:43
The info I have is that if demand doesn't out strip supply then there will be no RS6 saloon and the model will most likely cease in 2009. This would stop AoA getting the car and pave the way for the RS4/5 to move forward in the production cycle. But if the demand is there then we will see a RS6 saloon which might mean a longer cycle than normal.

I don't believe any of us really knows what the Board decisions will be with regards to the RS6 saloon or when future RS models will appear, maybe nearer the time but not 4~5 years in advance.

There will be a sedan for sure next year ;)
There are a lot of countries in Central and Eastern Europe where the Sedan is requested. In Eastern Europe Audi sell a lot more sedans than Avants ...

Benman
September 6th, 2007, 17:14
If true, the will disapoint a LOT of folks on this side of the pond... a missed opportunity to say the LEAST!:cry:

Ben:addict:

vitaman
September 6th, 2007, 18:47
Diappointment is now official.
Emailed AOA this morning to find out when the RS6 would be available for purchase in the States and received this:
There are currently no plans to develop
the RS6 for the North American market. As you probably know, there are
slight modifications which are made in vehicles built for export, and no
such production is planned.

That really is all we know. Should anything change in any production
plans, you may be sure that it will be announced. We do appreciate and
understand your interest in the RS6--a great car!

diesel king
September 6th, 2007, 20:29
Eventhough I am working, I am going to take a couple of minutes to contact Auburn Hills.

As a recent Audiphile I have heard about the luke warm stateside reception of the original RS^. I believe Audi is positioned differently today than they were in 2002.

I have had a deposit down for a year, I can wait another. My wife is just way to cute to be seen driving an M5!

AUDI! Bring us the RS6.

aarong
September 6th, 2007, 21:13
Eventhough I am working, I am going to take a couple of minutes to contact Auburn Hills.

As a recent Audiphile I have heard about the luke warm stateside reception of the original RS^. I believe Audi is positioned differently today than they were in 2002.

I have had a deposit down for a year, I can wait another. My wife is just way to cute to be seen driving an M5!

AUDI! Bring us the RS6.

do we need to start a letter writing campaign? I just can't see them ignoring a wave of current RS6/Audi owners going 'we want the RS6 here. we'll buy it. bring it over here'

if anyone else thinks this would be worth while, lets do it :addict::addict::addict:

as6
September 9th, 2007, 09:20

Even if it doesn't come to the US, it will likely be available in 4-door sedan as well.

the avant hasn't been available in North America for a while. it will stay europe where it belongs. the saloon on the other hand im sure will be available as it has previous years. its gonna be nice seeing a 4-door car that can beat a M5.

Leadfoot
September 9th, 2007, 09:29
Guys, I can't confirm it but I don't think the RS6 will be coming State side and I believe it's an AoA problem, not the car. Hopefully more info will appear at the launch.

Sorry for the bad news. :noshake:

aarong
September 9th, 2007, 22:10
Guys, I can't confirm it but I don't think the RS6 will be coming State side and I believe it's an AoA problem, not the car. Hopefully more info will appear at the launch.

Sorry for the bad news. :noshake:

as much as I'd love to give myself the green light to drop $$$$ on my 03 beast, I'd really like the new one to come over here. what's the AoA's problem? how can we help them fix it? :hihi:

Leadfoot
September 9th, 2007, 23:14
Sorry mate can't say more than this, the ball is squarely in AoA's court not Audi's. The only way for things to possibly change is through pressure from the public.

To the best of my knowledge the problem is that the RS6 is a very technically advance car, beyond the normal Audi which includes the R8 and much additional training is required for the dealer network. Possibly AoA don't want the hassle or feel the sales don't warrant it.

But like I said this is something that could change at the drop of a hat and I hope in the future it will.

Benman
September 11th, 2007, 00:26
No worries Leadie.

If I may be blunt, I believe a fair amount of it is service history related. Now, before the flaming, hear me out.

Some here have had VERY bad misfortunes with their cars. Especially with the DRC. I believe these issues to be legit, but the problem is it gives the RS 6 a bad name, period. Although I'll be the first to admit that nearly $90K before taxes is a bunch of $$$ for a car, AoA does not see it that way. So, their margins are not that huge, the total # of sales is downright tiny, and the DOT is flat RETARDED! Add up then, all the service issues the car had (i.e. $$$ spent out of pocket by AoA), and it is now very understandable why AoA is unsure wether to repeat their "mistake" again.

Again, that is just the way I see it. We are spoiled here. Our cars cost LESS that they do in the car's HOME country! They have better warranties, and frankly the average American consumer expects more than other nations (heck, just look at what the Brits put up with!). Also factor in the Dollar vs Euro at $1.35 exchange rate and the car would have to priced well out of buyers ranges.

So please, for guys like Aronis and HyOctane, this is NOT a shot at you as I'd be pissed at all the problems as well. Just stating my personal views and observations. And I believe these reasons add up to why the RS 6 MkII is not coming Stateside (at least for now). Who knows, maybe in a few years it will.

Best,

Audiphile
September 11th, 2007, 02:54
as much as I'd love to give myself the green light to drop $$$$ on my 03 beast, I'd really like the new one to come over here. what's the AoA's problem? how can we help them fix it? :hihi:

What is AoA's problem. Do you have all day! Seriously, there is a disconnect between the Audi AG Mother Ship and Audi of America. Everyone should not blame AoA so much as they get there hands slapped by Audi AG because for some reason Audi AG does not understand the American market. Everytime the good chaps from AoA tell uber Audi what they need to do to be number one in the USA (obvious to most), uber Audi AG slaps them down saying that it would require too much investment. Hello! You have to invest some serious money in the US market if you want to see the results from uber Audi's expectations for this market. Sometimes, the Germans really are too arrogant, and I am of German heritage.

To fix the problem, everyone in the US and the world write AoA (via website) and American dealers demanding the RS6 to come to North America. If you ask, then it will come.

As for the RS6 Avant, my dealer and other dealers are gaging demand as we speak to present a case to AoA and Audi AG. There is a very strong likelihood that the Avant will make it and the saloon for sure. AoA is very aware of being number one in the US. I gave my dealer a deposit on the RS6 and told him to get one when the time comes. I am sure others will do the same. Let's keep them fingers crossed.:addict: How come there is no S6 flag? I'll create my own... S6:heart:

diesel king
September 12th, 2007, 15:13
I sent my letter yesterday. (Since I am sure low level emplyees read these first as a filter, I sent the letter three times under different headings hoping that someone will pass it along to Johan de Nysschen.)

As a pro football player would say "I am going to make it rain", Let's make it rain at Audi.

Erik
September 12th, 2007, 15:53
I spoke with Audi at the Press Day at IAA yesterday.

No good news, the RS6 won't make it to the US due to engine emissions and the high cost for special bumpers etc.

:(

Leadfoot
September 12th, 2007, 16:07
I spoke with Audi at the Press Day at IAA yesterday.

No good news, the RS6 won't make it to the US due to engine emissions and the high cost for special bumpers etc.

:(

That maybe the "official story" but it's not the true reason for this. I was told way back in July that it was 50/50 whether the States would get the RS6 and it was nothing to do with emissions or bumpers. ;)

MR USER
September 12th, 2007, 17:08
Engine Emissions are way lower in Europe than in the US!!! as far as I know California is thee state with the lowest emission tolerance and is far higher than the european regulation... I might be wrong...

Benman
September 12th, 2007, 17:44
Engine Emissions are way lower in Europe than in the US!!! as far as I know California is thee state with the lowest emission tolerance and is far higher than the european regulation... I might be wrong...

You are partially correct. CA emission standards are not higher that Europe when it comes to petrol. Diesel however, is much stricter. Even Merc's new "Blue Tech", i.e. horse piss couldn't pass.

Guys, plain and simple, emission is a ruse. It is ALL about the retarded DOT and cost of greasing the American goverment's palm to let the car "pass" DOT's "strict" standards. Please, the DOT is a joke and so are it's standards. It also has to due with too many problems that AoA had to handle for customers of the MkI RS 6. The dollar cost doesn't add up for AoA. Plain and simple.

Factor everything in and I'd say the RS 6 would have to cost @ $120K here. At that price, I'd doubt it would have many takers, and I feel AoA has the exact same doubts.