PDA

View Full Version : S3 with RS4 recaros

vik
September 5th, 2007, 13:45
Hi I would like to ask those who have them in their :s3addict:

I took a testdrive with S3 and I´m thinking about place and order on one in red

I would love to order it with the RS4 recaros, but they cost huge amount of money and I foun dout, that they quite restrict the inner space

The question shall be are they worth it?
Or buy them directly from RECARO from 1/2 a price???

RacerBice
September 10th, 2007, 07:25
I ordered mine without the RS4 buckets, for several reasons. In my view, they're quite ugly, and I'd probably feel a bit silly driving around in 4-point seat belt seats.....without having 4-point seat belts! In addition to that, the RS4's don't slide forwards when tilting the back rest for rear seat entry, making such entry quite tricky. I've tried this repeatedly at car dealers', and.....well, let's say I'm glad the standard seats slide away. You might not give a hoot about this at first sight since you're not the one that's gonna sit back there, but if you often have back seat passengers you'll probably find yourself cursing them every time you clean the car interior. :harass:

Most importantly; the RS4 buckets don't come with alcantara.:nono:

So the only upside for me is that they are super comfortable and grip your body quite firmly. Still, though, pricing is simply ridiculous and would have been so even without the above flaws.... And the standard seats are pretty damn good as well, especially with alcantara that makes you stick to them like glue and minimises the very little side movement you might otherwise have. Very nice to look at, too. :0:

:s3addict: