PDA

View Full Version : no performance

chrisTG
September 5th, 2007, 09:59
can any body help no turbo boost no codes does not make any differance to disconnect battery ive booked my car into mrc tuning banbury in two weeks time he is on holiday

42TT
September 5th, 2007, 10:19
ChrisTG - When you say "no boost" are you using vag-com or a boost gauge?

Also i assume you have access to vag-com best to go a 3rd gear WOT run and log MB115 this will show what boost the ECU wants and what the turbos are producing.

42tt

chrisTG
September 5th, 2007, 16:38
pluged in snapon modis no codes havnt got vag com do you know any body in the west mids and when i said that i had no turbos i mean that it doesn't perform very well it seems like a normal v8 thanks for the reply this is driving me mad and need to get it sorted

:(:(

gjg
September 5th, 2007, 22:08
Chris, does the engine cut off when you feather the throttle? Hear any air hiss?

this almost sounds like leak on air side - somethimes the air hose from turbo would slip causing such problem - relatively easy to discover , when U take the botom engine cover off ...

chrisTG
September 6th, 2007, 11:53
engine cover off had a good look couldnt find or hear anything no deep growl on full throttle what controls the turbos any valves or is it straight from ecu tick over fine goes up the road ok no misfire but not very much pulling power thanks chris (england)(uk)http://www.rs6.com/forum/../smilies/cloud.gif

chrisTG
September 6th, 2007, 11:57
hi got vagcom on my laptop now where do you put the code mb115 also have u got any other codes thanks chris england uk

42TT
September 6th, 2007, 12:00
ChrisTG - Select [Engine] then select [Measuring Blocks] type in 115. Would also help to log 002.

The way to log is find a long quite road and form ~2000RPM hold the throttle wide open in 3rd gear while in tiptronic, dont hit the kickdown switch so it pulls through the entire rev range in 3rd.

You need to press [log] at the bottom and [start] before you do the run. Email me the log 42v8tt@gmail.com and I can take a look at it for you

42tt

chrisTG
September 6th, 2007, 14:57
thanks for the info will try on the way home from work hows ur rs6 have u had any problems chris (england)