PDA

View Full Version : Quattro is challenged...

artur777
September 4th, 2007, 00:11
Look at the link!
It seems that SAAB guys managed to do the AWD which is very similar to QTV system we are waiting from Audi.:vhmmm:

http://www.autospies.com/news/AutoSpies-com-proves-Saab-XWD-out-guns-Audi-s-Quattro-and-Porsche-Turbo-AWD-19878/

gjg
September 4th, 2007, 06:41
good marketing, but I would wait with "better than audi" statements until there is sufficient track record of its performance.

:nono:

Erik
September 4th, 2007, 06:45
SAAB uses the new Haldex system.

Audi were, AFAIK, the first to start using Haldex for some of their quattro systems so I am sure we will see this in other cars as well.

Ruergard
September 4th, 2007, 08:11
"Challenged.." We've heard that before and we all know how it wen't for the "competitiors"! ;)

Leadfoot
September 4th, 2007, 08:42
The system that Saab are using to the best of my knowledge is the Haldex3 where as Audi use a version of the Haldex2 with improvements. I don't know which is really better. But neither offer the benefits of the original Quattro never mind the soon to be launched Quattro3.

Sacha
September 4th, 2007, 10:51
never mind the soon to be launched Quattro3.

Will the RS6 feature Torque Vectoring? C'mon, you can tell us that so close from the release date ;)

rqiu
September 4th, 2007, 16:47
The system that Saab are using to the best of my knowledge is the Haldex3 where as Audi use a version of the Haldex2 with improvements. I don't know which is really better. But neither offer the benefits of the original Quattro never mind the soon to be launched Quattro3.

Agree with Leadie here. quattro3 with QTV will rule them all.