PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Avant Spy Photos

Z07
September 1st, 2007, 16:31
Audi is completing the A6 range with the RS6 as a direct competitor to BMW’s M5. Now these latest photos capture the station wagon (Avant) version of the RS6. While earlier spy photos showed the car completely covered with patterned tape, these shots show the car near production ready, with the only disguise being some tape over the front fenders to hide the exact shape of the fender flares.

Front-end styling of the Avant is similar to the sedan, with extra large air intakes in the front bumper. The strip of LED lights is also not used on the RS6. At the rear, the Avant also has the large oval exhaust pipes and the rear bumper diffuser as seen on the RS6 sedan.

Powered by the same V10 engine as the S6, but with some help of a turbo delivering about 520-550 bhp, this Audi is about to show M5’s and E63 AMG’s who will be the leader.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/2751/audiavantrs6image159vx0.jpg
http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/1634/audiavantrs6image259za0.jpg

AndyBG
September 1st, 2007, 16:38
S6 on steroids... :D

I hope this isn't the way it will look, i think that is to ''silent'', I was hoping for those enormus wheel arches...

Ruergard
September 1st, 2007, 17:37
:addict:

Can't wait! Thanks for sharing! :)

tvrfan
September 1st, 2007, 18:08
no led lights =(, i hope it will the rs6 with the facelift will have it

Leadfoot
September 1st, 2007, 18:57
The RS6 will have LEDs in with the headlights and the front end is modeled on the face-lift version of the A6, like I have already said Audi have chose to launch the Avant first before there is less changes to the rear end and as most of the panels on a RS are unique it's easier to show prior to the launch of the A6 without giving too much away.

artur777
September 1st, 2007, 19:13
Leadfoot,

when will we see RS6 saloon then?

Leadfoot
September 1st, 2007, 19:48
Leadfoot,

when will we see RS6 saloon then?

I was informed that the saloon will be shown along side the face-lift A6, but this depending on how the Avant is received by the public will determine if we get a saloon at all, I reckon this means it will be quite pricey. But if the RS6 saloon does appear then it will run the remained for the duration of the A6 which could be another three years. :applause:

artur777
September 1st, 2007, 20:31
I was informed that the saloon will be shown along side the face-lift A6, but this depending on how the Avant is received by the public will determine if we get a saloon at all, I reckon this means it will be quite pricey. But if the RS6 saloon does appear then it will run the remained for the duration of the A6 which could be another three years. :applause:

Leadfoot, it will be a big dissapointment to see only Avant...
Saloon is needed even more.

All competitors have both saloon and avant versions

Leadfoot
September 1st, 2007, 21:57
Leadfoot, it will be a big dissapointment to see only Avant...
Saloon is needed even more.

All competitors have both saloon and avant versions

Hey, I don't make the rules, I'm only relaying the info as I am allow to give. :w:

Remember the Avant is the version must associated with the RS form and it will look like the new A6 when launch early next year, but think about it, would you prefer an old style RS6 saloon to be launched first or wait a few more months and get one in face-lift form. It's a no brainer to me. :brag:

artur777
September 1st, 2007, 22:28
Hey, I don't make the rules, I'm only relaying the info as I am allow to give. :w:

Remember the Avant is the version must associated with the RS form and it will look like the new A6 when launch early next year, but think about it, would you prefer an old style RS6 saloon to be launched first or wait a few more months and get one in face-lift form. It's a no brainer to me. :brag:

So, your opinion is that RS6 Saloon will be presented at Geneve IAA simultaneously with A6-facelift. In your opinion, we get Avant in the market somewhere in December, 07 and Saloon somewhere in March-April, 08 after Geneve IAA.

But look ath this link
http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?p=101552&highlight=qisha#post101552

There Qisha says that RS6 saloon will come in December, 07 and RS6 Avant will come in March, 08. After his post you wrote that Quisha was the person you should have trusted to in RS matters. And it was on the 3rd of August - less than a month ago.

So does everything has changed for the last month? Or it's just a great RS6 mystery and there are only some unconfirmed guesses until official RS6 introduction?
I have missed a point about all that.:vhmmm:

jonas21
September 2nd, 2007, 00:36
Sorry but that info is BS. It has already been stated on various other sides and sources that the new RS6 will come with LED lights as well as beeing biturbo. Additionally the bhp figure is wrong.
I guess this text/info is way old.

Audi is completing the A6 range with the RS6 as a direct competitor to BMW’s M5. Now these latest photos capture the station wagon (Avant) version of the RS6. While earlier spy photos showed the car completely covered with patterned tape, these shots show the car near production ready, with the only disguise being some tape over the front fenders to hide the exact shape of the fender flares.

Front-end styling of the Avant is similar to the sedan, with extra large air intakes in the front bumper. The strip of LED lights is also not used on the RS6. At the rear, the Avant also has the large oval exhaust pipes and the rear bumper diffuser as seen on the RS6 sedan.