PDA

View Full Version : TT-R soon is coming!

artur777
August 31st, 2007, 23:30
Look at the link.
Very interesting engine solution.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/coupes/preview-audi-tt-r/

:ttaddict:

Iceman
September 1st, 2007, 07:07
Sorry to say but there is a lot of B#LL in this article, VR5's are not produced anymore.
If the TT-R get a five cylinder engine it will be a 2.5 litre inline five and not a 2.3 litre VR5.
Also a 3.2 litre VR6 Bi-Turbo engine is B#LL, if the 3.2 get turbocharged it will be with one turbo.
In that case the 300 hp 3.6 VR6 FSI engine is te better option, because a 3.2 turbo will be a havier engine then the 3.6.

Hans.

Iceman
September 1st, 2007, 09:11
Now i think about it, it's not completely unthinkable of using a VR5 turbo instead of a inline five turbo.
It's possible to think that the 170 hp 2.5 20v inline five engine, used in the 2008 FWD US Golf, Jetta and new Beetle will not fit transverse in the TT in combination with 4motion/Quattro.
The gearbox's to the rear axle must be in the middle of the car and it is well possible that this is not possible with the long transverse inline five cylinder engine and no problem with the VR5.
If Audi give the VR5 20v a overhaul based on the 3.6 VR6 FSI, it can be a 3.0 liter engine with direct injection, turbo and maybe Valve-lift, it can become a very nice engine.
It will be lighter then a VR6 and produce power up to 400 hp.
But this engine info is new to me, first i heard of it.

Hans.

tvrfan
September 1st, 2007, 13:13
TT-R??? Why not TT-S? or TT-RS? will it be produced by audi or quattro gmbh? why is audi doiing this? are they leaving their names and calling now there performance models R and RS or is it just for the TT. that they calling it TT-R and not TT-S or TT- RS? l

will there be a TT-RS too? thats all confusing!

Leadfoot
September 1st, 2007, 14:01
By the way AUTOCAR still say the TT/S is coming at the end of this year (UK) launch. Here's hoping.

Toto89
September 2nd, 2007, 10:50
TT-R??? Why not TT-S? or TT-RS? will it be produced by audi or quattro gmbh? why is audi doiing this? are they leaving their names and calling now there performance models R and RS or is it just for the TT. that they calling it TT-R and not TT-S or TT- RS? l

will there be a TT-RS too? thats all confusing!

I don't have any insider information but i think it will be called the TT-S because Audi will not miss the opportunity to use this badge again:http://www.geocities.com/mdbois/images/tts-logo.jpg

Iceman
September 2nd, 2007, 11:01
I don't have any insider information but i think it will be called the TT-S because Audi will not miss the opportunity to use this badge again:http://www.geocities.com/mdbois/images/tts-logo.jpg
The TT-S will be a 270 hp S3 engined TT, The TT-R will be the top of the line with 300+ hp.
btw, i use that badge for a while now in all my TTS photoshops.

Hans.

tvrfan
September 2nd, 2007, 12:39
The TT-S will be a 270 hp S3 engined TT, The TT-R will be the top of the line with 300+ hp.
btw, i use that badge for a while now in all my TTS photoshops.

Hans.

what da fuck?! why are they using the top of the line TT model TT-R??? and not TT-RS like the others??? is audi completly changing their range names? that sucks!!!
i want a TT-S and TT-RS like the others! :rolleyes:

Iceman
September 2nd, 2007, 12:43
what da fuck?! why are they using the top of the line TT model TT-R??? and not TT-RS like the others??? is audi completly changing their range names? that sucks!!!
The question will be how Audi will call the upcoming RS6, will it be RS6 or S6R.

Hans.

SigmaS6
September 2nd, 2007, 13:03
I give a sh*t about the name as long as the performance is adequate and those models (at least the RS) will be build at all. Here I see much bigger obstacles than the letter order on the badges ;)

Iceman
September 2nd, 2007, 14:41
I give a sh*t about the name as long as the performance is adequate and those models (at least the RS) will be build at all. Here I see much bigger obstacles than the letter order on the badges ;)
I'm with you on that one.
Audi may call it everything they want, so long they put in a desent engine (no 4pod) with 300+ hp.

Hans.

The RS6
September 2nd, 2007, 15:48
The question will be how Audi will call the upcoming RS6, will it be RS6 or S6R.

Hans.

Is that really an option?! :bigeyes:

Sound kinda Volvo-ish to me... (S60 R)

Leadfoot
September 2nd, 2007, 16:13
It could be even called the R6 or the S6RS or 'The big beastie with the F#@king big engine'.

What's in a name, as long as the performance and handling is there.

artur777
September 2nd, 2007, 16:20
Yes, seems logical regarding the name...
But to see only Avant will be a disspaintment.
It's not that stylish...
RS6 sounds better for Saloon sportcar, not a wagon one...

The RS6
September 3rd, 2007, 09:36
What's in a name, as long as the performance and handling is there.

Yeah, but... :addict: sound so .. meeaannn :king: :rs6kiss:

Lateknight
September 3rd, 2007, 18:53
I'm not keen on posting links from this mag (They're not the most reliable) :

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/227572/

Nothing new mentioned here that hasn't been already suggested by other more well informed members of this forum.

Heres hoping for another performance 5 pot Audi : Its been a while.

ttaddict:

Iceman
September 3rd, 2007, 22:23
I still have doubts about a straight five will fit transverse in a TT body in combination with 4Motion/Quattro.
Futher a VR5 will sound not that different from a straight five.

Hans.