PDA

View Full Version : Lexus IS-F is coming...

artur777
August 31st, 2007, 00:07
One more competitor for RS4 / M3 / C63!:revs:

Look at the link - at the end of Lexus press-release some relevant infor about IS-F model.

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2007/08/2008-lexus-gs-450h-facelift-version-to.html

It seems to be revealed at Frankfurt IAA also.

HKS786
September 1st, 2007, 12:34
thanks bro, cant wait to see the confirmed figures. Lexus havent given us anything exact. They say it hits 60 in less than 4.9 and over 400bhp. I wonder what the final figures will be.

RussianM3_dude
September 1st, 2007, 15:52
My biggest problem with the IS-F is that the engine does not seem very impressive. Only revs to 7000 and sounds generic. Styling is also a disaster. The bodykit just doesn't match the car. Ugly raised hood, ugly front spoiler that contains clashing visual cue or rounded and sharp edges, stacked exhaust is too much of a gimmick, if nobody has done something like this before - there is probably a good reason.

I am sure it will be a fine car, but more of an S4 fighter.

Leadfoot
September 1st, 2007, 16:50
I do have a problem with it's styling but unlike some I don't see why an engine only revving to 7000rpm means it's unimpressive, power and torque band and the figures that accompany them are the most important thing not the level at which something revs. These are minds which have been brainwashed in to think revs are the be all and end all, it's the end result that is important and how it's performance relates to the road.

One thing for sure, it's will be the most refined super saloon engine in the world.

rubyblack
September 1st, 2007, 17:36
I do have a problem with it's styling but unlike some I don't see why an engine only revving to 7000rpm means it's unimpressive, power and torque band and the figures that accompany them are the most important thing not the level at which something revs. These are minds which have been brainwashed in to think revs are the be all and end all, it's the end result that is important and how it's performance relates to the road.

One thing for sure, it's will be the most refined super saloon engine in the world.

The rumours on the street from reliable sources I might add is that when final testing of this "low revving" beastie happens some sceptics might just have to eat their words somewhat!!!! I came from former lexus ownership and may just return one day.....oh and another rumour is that there may well only be 200 coming into the UK!!!! :jlol: ;)

Leadfoot
September 1st, 2007, 19:57
The rumours on the street from reliable sources I might add is that when final testing of this "low revving" beastie happens some sceptics might just have to eat their words somewhat!!!! I came from former lexus ownership and may just return one day.....oh and another rumour is that there may well only be 200 coming into the UK!!!! :jlol: ;)

Toyota (Lexus) is taking this performance thing seriously this time round so everything you are saying fits with what I know, there is surely someone in the know as to the output figures for this machine, a 5.0v8 should be easily able to produce 425hp & 370ft/lbs and still meet with the high standards that Lexus demand in refinement. The weight is the only concern, it is unknown what the weight balance will be and while this isn't as important in an awd car, with rwd it's the difference between night and day.

I sincerely hope Lexus have got this right and offer another option to the every increasing German dominance.

Benman
September 4th, 2007, 22:21
Styling is also a disaster. The bodykit just doesn't match the car. Ugly raised hood, ugly front spoiler that contains clashing visual cue or rounded and sharp edges...

That pretty much sums up the new M3 as well. :D

Ben:addict:

Leadfoot
September 4th, 2007, 22:32
Mr De Silva reckons the A5 was his greatest ever design and to be truthful I reckon that was just BS talking because it was his last design for Audi before moving to VW, but the more I see the A5 and the S5 in perticular I am starting to agree with him. :love2:

Neither the 3series Coupe nor Lexus IS even come close to matching it's beauty and this includes their respective high-performance models, the M3 and the IS-F. I just wonder what Quattro GmbH will do to make this design ever better. :vhmmm: