PDA

View Full Version : New RS6 HP figures... possibly?

OfftheHeZie
August 30th, 2007, 07:12
http://www.motorauthority.com/cars/audi/audis-rs6-will-get-more-than-571hp/

According to this the 571hp figure will be stated, and the real hp figure will be 600 to 610 hp. Would be great if it is true.

This is not an unheard of procedure by manufacturers.

~Mason

Ruergard
August 30th, 2007, 08:16
This was said in an Swedish magazine as well, that Audi couldn't just go out with a family saloon producing over 600 hp which according to them is the case with the RS6. So in the papers it's "only" 570-580 hp but the real thing is much more than that... Leadie where are you? ;)

But whatever, even if it's "only" 571 hp it's still a lot and it will be damn quick... Can't forget the comment from one member on the board about one of the first spyvideos. "IT'S EATING THE ROAD!!" :revs:

Erik
August 30th, 2007, 09:53
I don't care about hp, I care about performance.

The BMW turbo cars have all be quite powerful as well lately. Maybe strong press car who knows, but the performance is there.

Leadfoot
August 30th, 2007, 10:01
This was said in an Swedish magazine as well, that Audi couldn't just go out with a family saloon producing over 600 hp which according to them is the case with the RS6. So in the papers it's "only" 570-580 hp but the real thing is much more than that... Leadie where are you? ;)

But whatever, even if it's "only" 571 hp it's still a lot and it will be damn quick... Can't forget the comment from one member on the board about one of the first spyvideos. "IT'S EATING THE ROAD!!" :revs:

I don't have any info other than at board level they were making decisions on whether to reduce the power from the 580hp down to 560hp for Co2 reasons. I can't comment on what the 'real' power figures of the engine is only what it's 'quoted' figures is. ;)

Now I recommend all who doubt the RS6 will be quicker than an M5 in acceleration. AUTOCAR tested both the new M3 and the RS4 and both reached the 150mph mark only 0.3s adrift, these are two equal powered car not one with a healthy 73hp advantage over the other. The beast is coming and all in her way best get out of the way before they're trampled on. :hihi:

SeattleS4
August 31st, 2007, 06:24
It wonder how much it's going to weigh? :confused:

Leadfoot
August 31st, 2007, 07:32
It wonder how much it's going to weigh? :confused:

Around 2000Kgs give or take.

42TT
August 31st, 2007, 10:25
Even though it will be car not to be taken lightly I would still prefer a Mk1 RS6 that is manual, has 650hp/800nm and with a weight loss of 200kg.

But maybe that is until I see the final figures/looks and performance of the car

Either way :rs6kiss: