August 29th, 2007, 11:37
http://82.96.65.2/rs6/crash/crash1.jpg

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Duma
August 29th, 2007, 11:53
bad luck......

florin08
August 29th, 2007, 13:02
What speed did you hit the deer and where? BTW, deer meat isn`t that good as you think :D.

jonas21
August 29th, 2007, 13:47
I was accelerating at that time....last time i checked speedo i was going 250...

Erik
August 29th, 2007, 15:19
I was accelerating at that time....last time i checked speedo i was going 250...

WOW! :revs:

jonas21
August 29th, 2007, 15:26
luckily it wasnt a large dear...it was something a bit taller than knee-high. i didnt hit it completly just the half of it....which was sufficent. the deer was cut in pieces and its parts are all over the autobahn...and on other people cars who called the police afterwards complaining they have deer blood and other ugly things on their cars. well...noone stopped his car even tho alot of people were on the road.

MR USER
August 29th, 2007, 15:28
Condoliances... I liek dear meat with polenta! is a typical italian mountain dish!!!

I think that the meat mixed with cooling fluids from your beast will just taste fantastic!

Jokes aside... @ that speed you should consider yourself lucky to be alive... as far as I konw it takes a lot less speed to get killed with dears...

Bad luck but look at the bright side.. your car can be fixed and you are ok!

jonas21
August 29th, 2007, 15:32
well that part of the autobahn has fences all over....so there must have been some hole where one of these has slipped through...the beast came from the mid of the autobahn (i was on the left lane) and it had only 2 lanes. Since i just passed another car i had no way to do anything...well at that speed there are no options. The car didnt go out or anything but cooling fluid was running down on the brake disc which was causing some nice steam clouds....so i quickly pulled over to the emergency lane and stopped there. Just hope nothing overheated. Anyway, accidents with wild animals are covered by insurance....hope i'll have it back soon.

gjg
August 30th, 2007, 06:17
well that part of the autobahn has fences all over....so there must have been some hole where one of these has slipped through...

average size deer will jump over autobahn fence we have little further east - I did see that ....

sorry about the bad luck, on the other hand, have a drink because it could have bounce to your winshield... :cheers:

gjg
August 30th, 2007, 06:19
...and on other people cars who called the police afterwards complaining they have deer blood and other ugly things on their cars. well...noone stopped his car even tho alot of people were on the road.

this is unfortunately the way it is anymoore in this part of the world - people bitch and complain but none of them wold move their arse to help fellow motorist in time of need ... :doh:

Boosted-Bora
August 30th, 2007, 23:58
damn man sorry to see that but your lucky to be alive man. Good thing it is covered by insurance

LU-RS6
August 31st, 2007, 01:43
Glad to hear you are OK although your RS6 suffered a bit.
Hope you'll be rolling the beast 100% again soon!

AndyBG
August 31st, 2007, 02:05
luckily it wasnt a large dear...it was something a bit taller than knee-high.

So, you killed Bambi...

250 km/h... great speed, damage good be much worse...

Glad to hear that you are OK.

jonas21
August 31st, 2007, 03:29
So, you killed Bambi...

250 km/h... great speed, damage good be much worse...

Glad to hear that you are OK.

Heh it wasnt bambi...atleast it didnt have any white spots. However you probably wont be able to find out how it looked before...as said...it was cut in pieces...

Copper
August 31st, 2007, 15:30
Ouch! I used to live in Winder, GA out in the country and I hit a deer once and the second time a deer hit me. They are big, dumb animals that car really do a lot of damage! Our Canadian friends have to deal with the Moose situation. My grandfather used to drive to Canada all the time and a Moose rammed his truck. Totalled the truck and he was pushed off into a ditch stuck there for 18 hours.

Now the only animal I have to worry about living in a metro area driving an RS6 is the trunk monkey!

jonas21
August 31st, 2007, 17:26
Just checked with the repair shop...they had a expert called in to check the damage and he reports 19.000 euro damage...ouch.

Ruergard
August 31st, 2007, 18:13
Ouch, but at least it could be much worse. 250 km/h is a high speed and if the deer had bounced up on your windscreen... Don't wan't to think about i!

Hope the beast rolls soon again! :)

AndyBG
September 1st, 2007, 00:35
Just checked with the repair shop...they had a expert called in to check the damage and he reports 19.000 euro damage...ouch.

Insurance, we hate it wehn we have to pay it, but it could be useful sometimes...

Klint
September 1st, 2007, 02:21
Wow! Doesn't look too bad for 250.

Was there any airbags deployed?

jonas21
September 1st, 2007, 10:37
Wow! Doesn't look too bad for 250.

Was there any airbags deployed?

nope nothing. i could have driven along if the cooling fluid hadnt been leaking.

minimad
September 3rd, 2007, 13:58
seems you are use to drive 250+, what's tha top speed you had in the autobhan?

jonas21
September 3rd, 2007, 14:28
its my favourite speed :hahahehe:
well, i can push it to the end of the scale which is 320.

seems you are use to drive 250+, what's tha top speed you had in the autobhan?

LU-RS6
September 3rd, 2007, 15:51
its my favourite speed :hahahehe:
well, i can push it to the end of the scale which is 320.

That'll be about 305 GPS verified I think...amazing :applause:

cybertec69
September 6th, 2007, 00:12
What speed did you hit the deer and where? BTW, deer meat isn`t that good as you think :D.best meat out there, if you know how to cook it, and I sure do, finger licking good:cheers:

jonas21
September 24th, 2007, 19:04
yay, i just got my baby back, finally! woohooo. i got me a copy of the invoice the insurance gets....its 29 pages in total and the total value is nearly 25k euro...ouch!!
they likely replaced everything besides engine, turbos (had them replaced only 1 week before the crash) and gearbox.

AndyBG
September 25th, 2007, 02:15
yay, i just got my baby back, finally! woohooo. i got me a copy of the invoice the insurance gets....its 29 pages in total and the total value is nearly 25k euro...ouch!!
they likely replaced everything besides engine, turbos (had them replaced only 1 week before the crash) and gearbox.

:thumb:

Excelent news ! Enjoy... !