PDA

View Full Version : New A4 B8 with s-line exteriour in white

roadrunner
August 29th, 2007, 07:34
Found on http://www.fourtitude.com

To compare here the known silver A4
http://www.fourtitude.com/gallery/albums//Audi/A4-S4-RS4%20(B5,%20B6,%20B7%20and%20B8)/A4%20Sedan%20(B8)/Exterior%20-%20EU/006.jpg
http://www.fourtitude.com/gallery/albums//Audi/A4-S4-RS4%20(B5,%20B6,%20B7%20and%20B8)/A4%20Sedan%20(B8)/Exterior%20-%20EU/003.jpg
http://www.fourtitude.com/gallery/albums//Audi/A4-S4-RS4%20(B5,%20B6,%20B7%20and%20B8)/A4%20Sedan%20(B8)/Exterior%20-%20EU/004.jpg
http://www.fourtitude.com/gallery/albums//Audi/A4-S4-RS4%20(B5,%20B6,%20B7%20and%20B8)/A4%20Sedan%20(B8)/Exterior%20-%20EU/001.jpg
http://www.fourtitude.com/gallery/albums//Audi/A4-S4-RS4%20(B5,%20B6,%20B7%20and%20B8)/A4%20Sedan%20(B8)/Exterior%20-%20EU/002.jpg

I like it :thumb:

greetings
seb.

Arslanoff
August 29th, 2007, 07:50
http://www.nirad.com/awot/b8rs4.jpg

HKS786
August 29th, 2007, 08:15
oooooooooooh that S-line is HOT. Imagine the S4 and RS4! Who doesnt like the A4 now? I love this S-line! Check the rear diffuser!

SFW
August 29th, 2007, 10:52
The new A4 front looks like de S5 - S5 Sline front, and the A4 sline seems more like the normal A% ... more stylish, not more agressive ...
At leas the front spoiler is the S5 Sline one ...
The back is more agresive ... but to much unpainted plastic for my taste, but it looks good.

I think is the first time when i see an sline and a normal model and i quite don't know what to chose.

The rs4 photoshop .... :bow: :heart: :heart: :rs4addict :applause:

Alex
August 29th, 2007, 11:22
It looks awsome!! It should weigh in at a lower weight then the B7 I think, with the alu-chassi. A white or silver sedan with the 3.0 Diesel (which was real nice in the A5) and S-line... *I want* :)

I hope the S4 dont get the same old V8 ~350hp, but rather the rs4 engine, in a year or so. And the RS4 = V10 500 hp :hihi: :hihi:

AudiSuperDriver
August 29th, 2007, 11:28
jesus christ this is FANTASTIC...S-line and the fotoshop looks astonishing...man i want one:D

Damienr8
August 29th, 2007, 14:49
Still dont like it. Bah. Its not doing it for me.

Lateknight
August 29th, 2007, 18:18
Still dont like it. Bah. Its not doing it for me.

Pheew!.... I'm not the only one then!

I hope this is one of those cars that pictures don't do it enough justice.

I'll reserve judgement until I see one in the metal. ;)

Audihead
August 29th, 2007, 18:28
Pheew!.... I'm not the only one then!

I hope this is one of those cars that pictures don't do it enough justice.

I'll reserve judgement until I see one in the metal. ;)

I have never really gotten excited about photos of German vehicles. I think pics just don't do them justice. You gotta see them in person to become a believer.:D

HKS786
August 29th, 2007, 19:28
I have never really gotten excited about photos of German vehicles. I think pics just don't do them justice. You gotta see them in person to become a believer.:D

I'm with you there bro.

Ruergard
August 29th, 2007, 20:02
It grows on me, more on more I must say.. can't wait to see a S-Line equipped one i real life!

Phage
August 30th, 2007, 00:59
Thought i was fast just didn't check this section o well looks good ^^

RussianM3_dude
August 30th, 2007, 10:28
Looks like a mini A6 with an A5 rear. A bit bland. However most Audi drivers will apreciate the dull looks. Problem is, all Audis look the same, kinda like Aston Martin.

Also, can't Audi come up with something other then the RS4 wheel design??? It's everywhere.

HKS786
August 30th, 2007, 11:10
Looks like a mini A6 with an A5 rear. A bit bland. However most Audi drivers will apreciate the dull looks. Problem is, all Audis look the same, kinda like Aston Martin.

Also, can't Audi come up with something other then the RS4 wheel design??? It's everywhere.

I dont think that Audis are dull. I actually love Audis when I see them on the road. But in the future, I would like to see more differences between models. I think Audi could be EVEN better if every model had a unique design.

I do agree with you about the wheel design. I love the RS4 wheels, but I dont want to see them on every model. I'm glad that the upcoming RS6 has a unique wheel design, cant wait to see the RS6!

Leadfoot
August 30th, 2007, 11:17
A bit bland. However most Audi drivers will apreciate the dull looks.

Unlike BMW's which clearly aren't bland at all. :rotflmao:

HKS786
August 30th, 2007, 11:36
Following up on what I said, I think it would be nice to see Audi go back to their old style of grille. Dont get me wrong, I think the grille they have is great, and when you see it on the road it looks so much better. However, I think if they go back to their old style of grille it will give them more room to be inventive with their bumper designs. A lot of people wont agree, just my 2p...

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/9572/audia842quattro2004800xek5.jpg

+44 Dave
August 30th, 2007, 12:06
I have an A8 with the grill like that because i specificly think it looks better that way. But on certain models i think the new grill, such as the smaller cars A3 ect.

HKS786
August 30th, 2007, 12:17
I have an A8 with the grill like that because i specificly think it looks better that way. But on certain models i think the new grill, such as the smaller cars A3 ect.

True. I think the A3 suits it well. Maybe Audi can have a mix. They should have a good mix of class/aggression using trademark design cues like lines, LEDS etc.

But I dont think they need to keep the same grille on every model and I dont think they should keep using the RS4 wheel design. It becomes annoying because I love it on the RS4 and I dont want to see it on S-line models etc!

crespo
August 30th, 2007, 15:06
Not "dull", UNDERSTATED!

When you look at the details, these cars are far from dull. If they lack anything, it's the ability to immediately polarize opinion á la anything Bangle (which we're used to by now). But upon closer inspection, it would be difficult to describe any Audi as "dull".

MPT
August 30th, 2007, 15:16
Not "dull", UNDERSTATED!

When you look at the details, these cars are far from dull. If they lack anything, it's the ability to immediately polarize opinion á la anything Bangle (which we're used to by now). But upon closer inspection, it would be difficult to describe any Audi as "dull".

That is EXACTLY what i think too!
At first i was dissapointed about the A4, when the first pic's were released. Now i just simply LOVE the design. I felt the same way about the Q7 and A5. And this is what differes Audi design from other marks. Like a sculpture - you need to see it in real life, and study it, to really appreciate it.

Like the new Ford Mondeo. It looks great in photos, but in real life, it's a BIG dissapointmet.

Regards.

tvrfan
August 30th, 2007, 15:40
the only thing i hate about audi today is, they are always keep older engines in their complete new cars, or maybe little updated. look at bmw. they are bringing great new engines and alot of upraded. compare e90 330 firs 231hp then 258hp then 272 hp. thats awesome. whats with audi ? they taking old engines in the new A4 (A5 too) and they are more weakly then in the e90. i hate it. why is audi not bringing just new engines ( the engines in new A4 are most likely same as A5 that sucks) like a 3.5l fsi or something? the engines from the A4 are boring. when audi wanna beat bmw. they have to bring new engines !!!

RussianM3_dude
August 30th, 2007, 15:43
Not "dull", UNDERSTATED!

Aston Martin is understated... Audi is just dish washer dull AND all look alike. I am a car nerd and find it difficult to tell apart A4 and A6 Avants on the road.

Toto89
August 30th, 2007, 16:59
the only thing i hate about audi today is, they are always keep older engines in their complete new cars, or maybe little updated. look at bmw. they are bringing great new engines and alot of upraded. compare e90 330 firs 231hp then 258hp then 272 hp. thats awesome. whats with audi ? they taking old engines in the new A4 (A5 too) and they are more weakly then in the e90. i hate it. why is audi not bringing just new engines ( the engines in new A4 are most likely same as A5 that sucks) like a 3.5l fsi or something? the engines from the A4 are boring. when audi wanna beat bmw. they have to bring new engines !!!

It's quite a complex question. Audi still develops the Valvelift technology. Just think about: Roadjet concept had a 3.2 VL engine in 2006 with 300hp! That's 93,75hp/Litre on 7000rpm. BMW is now very far from this, but Audi wasn't able to bring this engine into production the following year (2007 A5), i think because of reliability problems or whatever...They introduced VL but only with the performance of the older engines (82,8hp/L). It looks like if it was the "first attempt" from Audi. I'm quite sure about as soon as they make VL technology completely ready, they will change current 3.2 engine with the new ones and minimum 280hp (or maybe 300...). That time we will be satisfied with Audi engines i think. These are only my own thoughts and opinions, but if anyone of you know more exact informations, please let us know.;)

Toto89
August 30th, 2007, 17:05
One more thought: you'd better not wish the 3.6L VW engine in the A4/A5. I know it's already in the Q7(unfortunately), but i think a little less powerful Audi engine is still better than one from VW. Having a VW engine in our cars is one more thing on some BMW guys can revile.

roadrunner
August 30th, 2007, 17:05
Aston Martin is understated... Audi is just dish washer dull AND all look alike. I am a car nerd and find it difficult to tell apart A4 and A6 Avants on the road.

You are a poor soul. besides all the problems you have got with your RS4 - i hope you do not have the problem of trying to open an A4 1.9 TDI on a parking lot, because they all look alike.:hihi:

Some people do see and understand the Audi design language (and i am with you - it is not "shiny") and appreciate it even more because it is subtle, others do not or do not like it. that is fine. there are BMWs, Mersedes, Lexus...

No one is forced to like & own & drive an Audi - i hope you are not as well.:thumb:

The more pics & angles i see of the A4 B8 - the more i like it. The difference between the standard and s-line is one examlpe.

Greetings
seb.

Leadfoot
August 30th, 2007, 19:10
Does anyone know if this white B8 A4 is a true S-Line and not just a PS because this time round it seems to be a lot less in your face than the previous model and the difference between the standard and S-Line is a lot more subtle than before. Previously the difference between the S-Line and the RS4 were harder to tell apart than the latest version is compared to the standard A4.

I still like it but less impressed than before and based on the fact that the A5 S-Line and the S5 are near enough identical it looks like the S4 will once again be very understated.

HKS786
August 30th, 2007, 19:13
Does anyone know if this white B8 A4 is a true S-Line and not just a PS because this time round it seems to be a lot less in your face than the previous model and the difference between the standard and S-Line is a lot more subtle than before. Previously the difference between the S-Line and the RS4 were harder to tell apart than the latest version is compared to the standard A4.

I still like it but less impressed than before and based on the fact that the A5 S-Line and the S5 are near enough identical it looks like the S4 will once again be very understated.

Funny you should mention that. Earlier I asked my source about the S4. He said that we have already seen it since it is very similar to the S-Line. So yes, you're right...

Leadfoot
August 30th, 2007, 19:27
If true then that is a pity, because it's the one thing which I disliked about my previous S4 the most.

artur777
August 30th, 2007, 23:35
Leadfoot, have you finally decided to choose S5?
Not to wait for S4 or RS5?

Leadfoot
August 31st, 2007, 07:20
Leadfoot, have you finally decided to choose S5?
Not to wait for S4 or RS5?

Yep, S5 and she coming for Christmas.....who ever said Santa doesn't come to big kids. :blush:

roadrunner
August 31st, 2007, 07:38
Does anyone know if this white B8 A4 is a true S-Line and not just a PS because this time round it seems to be a lot less in your face than the previous model and the difference between the standard and S-Line is a lot more subtle than before...

Yes, these are official Audi pics. THe difference is subtle at first sight, but then they are more differences than before:

1. fog light & air intake area (not new - this was the main differtiator on the B7 + No.6)
2. bumper section below headlights (somwhow new - there is more difference than on the B7)
3. diffusor below single frame grill (new on the B8)
4. section left and right of the single frame grill (completely new - this sharp line comming from the hood down to the bottom)
5. rear diffusor (completely different than the standard B8, the difference on the B7 was that the standard part was painted)

6. no difference in the mash of the grill structure (seems to be the same as on standard B8 - that is sad

I hope you can follow my observations :thumb:

Leadfoot
August 31st, 2007, 07:41
roadrunner,

The problem is the dropping of the honeycomb effect, without it the look isn't different enough.

roadrunner
August 31st, 2007, 07:58
roadrunner,

The problem is the dropping of the honeycomb effect, without it the look isn't different enough.

thats exactly what i ment with no.6

and i am with you on that, that this is a loss. maybe they change it till the s-line package will be available (it is not from the start).

rs-6
August 31st, 2007, 10:13
is it sure that this is S-line and not the 'standard-look' of the 3.2?

Arslanoff
August 31st, 2007, 10:23
Very interesting why Audi did not show the S-line official images.

steffenr
August 31st, 2007, 10:39

wow you are big need of glasses, the A6 is much larger and more rounded than the a4 which is really square shaped.

And now for my main complaint on all new audis the ....... doorhandles put them in to the body instead of that 80´s style on the outside design it looks like it should be on a car from the early 80's.:vgrumpy:

Toto89
August 31st, 2007, 14:38
And now for my main complaint on all new audis the ....... doorhandles put them in to the body instead of that 80´s style on the outside design it looks like it should be on a car from the early 80's.:vgrumpy:

My opinion is exactly the same, i really don't like these new-style doorhandles. It takes after VW.

crespo
August 31st, 2007, 16:07
Pull-out doorhandles are more efficient than pull-up doorhandles. I like them.

+44 Dave
August 31st, 2007, 17:30

Ditto ! :)

The RS6
August 31st, 2007, 19:20

I don't

I don't like the design, and I don't like it because girls/women, when trying to open such doors, often scratch the car with rings and/or finger nails...

:nana:

Happens to me on my Golf Plus (daily-driver) every day... :noshake:

Leadfoot
August 31st, 2007, 21:37
With all the other important things going on with new A4 and you lot are discussing the bloody door handles.:doh:

Come one guys, get a grip. :w:

HKS786
August 31st, 2007, 22:03
With all the other important things going on with new A4 and you lot are discussing the bloody door handles.:doh:

Come one guys, get a grip. :w:

haha true.

For the record, I like the handles :D

crespo
August 31st, 2007, 23:24
we are getting a grip... on the door handles!

lame, i know. probably a few better ways to say it.

Leadfoot
September 1st, 2007, 10:25
Lets discuss the new MLP chassis and with the new A4 we are seeing the fruits of this versatility, both the A5 and A4 using the same chassis but with differing wheelbases.

I interested to know how the two will differ in their handling/ride characteristics.

roadrunner
September 1st, 2007, 13:16
Lets discuss the new MLP chassis and with the new A4 we are seeing the fruits of this versatility, both the A5 and A4 using the same chassis but with differing wheelbases.

I interested to know how the two will differ in their handling/ride characteristics.

This might give us a hint: only in this comarison i started to apprehend how big the difference is:

http://img.imageloop.com/slideshow/94dab418-ab73-18ce-bb44-0015c5fd2ed5/content/0012d13e-bd27-1da9-94b2-0015c5fd2ed5_1188649194667,rw800/image.jpg

source: Tanner from Audiworld http://forums.audiworld.com/a4b8/msgs/152.phtml

Greetings
seb.

Leadfoot
September 1st, 2007, 13:58
This only shows the comparison between the old A4 and new A4, not the A5 to A4.

Does anyone know the weight balance on the A4 3.2Quattro?

Arslanoff
September 1st, 2007, 14:28
Images can be made on different distances so overall proportions can be wrong, to have better results both cars should be shoot from one distance and with the same camera/lens