PDA

View Full Version : A5 Chop (based on new A4)

HKS786
August 28th, 2007, 23:06
Firstly, I'm not trying to say this is what the A5 should look like. The reason I made this chop was to show people what the A5 would look like with a sharp crease at the side of the car.

I love the A5, but I think if it had a sharper crease at the side it would look much more defined and pronouced. Slightly more aggressive...quite hard to explain.

Any comments? This is just a quick chop btw. I just removed the doors and fixed the crease. Oh yeah, someone also said the A4 would look better without a thick grille outline. I fixed that too. And lastly see if anyone else can spot a tiny detail I changed for the A5 conversion :)

Oh yeah, n the reason I used the new A4 was because in photoshop it's easier to make changes on a pic like the one I used. The light and the glossy look on pics of the A5 makes it harder. Photoshopers will know what I mean...

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w239/J78628/a5.jpg

Current A5:

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w239/J78628/Audi-A5_2008_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg

+44 Dave
August 28th, 2007, 23:57
Good work but i liked the current A5 in that it looks a much more exotic and different car to the A4 saloon. And i think so it should and the A5 owners out there will be happy their car doesnt look like your average saloon.
As to your chop, i think the door needs to be moved further back and roofline lowered to make it accurate.

HKS786
August 29th, 2007, 00:29
Good work but i liked the current A5 in that it looks a much more exotic and different car to the A4 saloon. And i think so it should and the A5 owners out there will be happy their car doesnt look like your average saloon.
As to your chop, i think the door needs to be moved further back and roofline lowered to make it accurate.

Yeah, it def looks more exotic. That's why I said I dont think this is how the A5 should look. I only made this to show what a difference the side crease makes. I dont think everyone will agree but I think a sharp side crease is important because it helps the car look in motion when it's not moving at all. It also makes it appear aggressive.

A lot can be conveyed by a side crease. For example, if the CLS's side crease wasnt banana shaped, it would look a lot more aggressive...

Edit: I didnt change the roofline at all and I just quickly deleted the doors...

Toto89
August 29th, 2007, 13:01
A4 differs from A5 more than i've expected, the only problem with this, is that i liked A5 better. This Photoshop is a nice work, but it shows me that A5 looks much better than A4.:(