PDA

View Full Version : my thougts about RS vs. M in future.

tvrfan
August 26th, 2007, 23:30
hmm i have a bad feeling. look audi have to detune their engine in the new RS6 from 703hp to 573hp. because of lamborghini. now look wider in the future. the next M5 will have more than that i think. and whats with audi ? i dont think that the next gen RS6 would have much more 580hp because so the next lambo supercar would have 800hp or something, because audi would kill lambo. i think audi is very limited with their hp´s in future. the M cars would have more room to play because they are free. that really sucks !!!!!!!! iam really pissed on that audi cant build their cars and engines with hp´s they want! :w: what do you think? :confused:
plz god, let audi be free of fucking lambo and vw and porsche :cry:

PS: i have a question is the RS factory with building new models like RS5 and RS6
stopping their production on other models? like new RS6 >>> B7 RS4???

artur777
August 27th, 2007, 01:13
In the past they always stopped one RS model for producing another.
Now they are expanding their factory - that means we will see new RS6, RS5, RS4 simultaneously.
But looks like B7 RS4 came to an end.

absent
August 27th, 2007, 03:11
hmm i have a bad feeling. look audi have to detune their engine in the new RS6 from 703hp to 573hp. because of lamborghini. now look wider in the future. the next M5 will have more than that i think. and whats with audi ? i dont think that the next gen RS6 would have much more 580hp because so the next lambo supercar would have 800hp or something, because audi would kill lambo. i think audi is very limited with their hp´s in future. the M cars would have more room to play because they are free. that really sucks !!!!!!!! iam really pissed on that audi cant build their cars and engines with hp´s they want! :w: what do you think? :confused:

PS: i have a question is the RS factory with building new models like RS5 and RS6
stopping their production on other models? like new RS6 >>> B7 RS4???

You are on to something here.
It's a well known fact that Audi has been held back by the VW management in the past,to the point that some cars had to be developed in secret from their own bosses in Wolfsburg.
I agree that getting rid off Lamborghini would be beneficial for Audi to flourish.

chewym
August 27th, 2007, 08:48
Dont' worry about it, the next gen RS6 is so far into the future. And there is no way that Audi would be pushing out a warranty/emission engine that makes 700 hp from 5 liters.

Lateknight
August 27th, 2007, 20:19

...and pay an extra 20% for the privelage ?

Could YOU afford a 700ps Audi anyway?

absent
August 27th, 2007, 20:33
...and pay an extra 20% for the privelage ?

Could YOU afford a 700ps Audi anyway?
Where do I send my deposit?:cheers:

Phage
August 30th, 2007, 01:30
I think audi is very limited with their hp´s in future. the M cars would have more room to play because they are free. that really sucks !!!!!!!!

It isn't about being free to give a car as much hp as they want to. It's about how much they need to give it to make it better then the competition while still being driveable and safe.
I mean they could have given the M5 600 or 700 hp if they wanted to but they didn't cause there is no need for it.

Same goes with lamborghini and porsche, they have their own competitors and horsepower peeing contest.