PDA

View Full Version : New RS6 really 560hp?

tvrfan
August 25th, 2007, 00:58
somebody has written here that the RS6 will have maybe 560hp. is that a fact or ture or just a rumor? i hope it will have 580hp !!!

Leadfoot
August 25th, 2007, 10:05
somebody has written here that the RS6 will have maybe 560hp. is that a fact or ture or just a rumor? i hope it will have 580hp !!!

It was myself who hinted that the RS6 might have 560hp, this has arose only within the last 6~8weeks at board level and it is all centring around Co2 levels. Some at high levels don't want the RS6 to have a Co2 that is much higher than the competition, it may look to the public that either Audi don't care about the environment or that their engines aren't as environmentally friendly. Clearly this drop in 20hp must make a big difference to the figures involved, but I reckon that the drop in performance must not be that major because performance with this car is still they number one priority.

Z07
August 25th, 2007, 10:25
We're taking about less than 4%. It'll be barely perceptible and will probably only figure at around peak power.

tvrfan
August 25th, 2007, 10:35
but its not confirmed or a fact, just a rumor?

Leadfoot
August 25th, 2007, 11:19
but its not confirmed or a fact, just a rumor?

Unfortunately until the release of the RS6 with it's facts and figures it will remain a rumour but the very fact that it was leaked to me make me suggest that it's a lot more than just a rumour, it's a way of preparing the faithful that 560hp is all we are getting, but it's still got 650Nm (480ft/lbs) to play with so it's not all bad.

I will tell you that the suspension is very special and will make this thing perform like no other in it's class, so if it can't get away on the straights it will comfortably lose them in the corners.

Z07
August 25th, 2007, 16:20
I will tell you that the suspension is very special and will make this thing perform like no other in it's class, so if it can't get away on the straights it will comfortably lose them in the corners.
Active magnetic suspension per chance?

artur777
August 25th, 2007, 16:35
It will a big dissapointment if both M5 and E63 walk away from RS6 in the straights.

Leadfoot
August 25th, 2007, 17:06
It will a big dissapointment if both M5 and E63 walk away from RS6 in the straights.

I wasn't saying that it will be less than impressive, I was implying that even if it couldn't shake it's rivals on the straights with the new suspension set-up that the RS6 is to get I doubt either the M5 or E63 will be able to follow it in the twisties.

Leadfoot
August 25th, 2007, 17:26
Active magnetic suspension per chance?

Well the new suspension is fully adjustable both height and stiffness so it's actually different from either the R8's MagneticRide or the RS4's DRC.

Does this help. ;)

artur777
August 25th, 2007, 17:30
Leadfoot,

May be it's a mix of MagneticRide and DRC ones?
Is that possible?
Because Air and Normal are no-goers.
Don't trick-))) Tell us the details - I feel you know.

Bingocaller
August 25th, 2007, 17:34
SO when will the RS6 be shown? My point is if it is in the near future - we all have spares information in comparison with the E60 M5 etc where the "near" specs (pics etc) where avaliable many months before the car was released?

Leadfoot
August 25th, 2007, 17:54
Leadfoot,

May be it's a mix of MagneticRide and DRC ones?
Is that possible?
Because Air and Normal are no-goers.
Don't trick-))) Tell us the details - I feel you know.

Yeah, I do know but you will have to wait a little longer, the voting hasn't finished. :deal: But like I say it will be amazing, the control and comfort that this car will have will amazing a lot of rival companies and with it's new topspeed I reckon you will see a lot of these on the Autobahn in the near future. :hahahehe:

On another subject, what's your thoughts on the internal name that Audi gave the RS6?;)

artur777
August 25th, 2007, 18:06
Leadfoot,

I knew you would tell us to wait with the new suspension details-))).
About the name: my opinion is Hellfire.
I voted already.
Do you know the exact date of RS6 official press-release at IAA:?

absent
August 25th, 2007, 18:12
It really is irrelevant,most of the guys I know will chip it as soon as they get their hands on one...

Leadfoot
August 25th, 2007, 19:10
absent,

As I guy with a SL65, you are the perfect man to settle a discussion that's being going on regarding where the M6 has as much in-gear acceleration as a SL65.

What's your feeling on the subject?

Leadfoot
August 25th, 2007, 19:24
Leadfoot,

I knew you would tell us to wait with the new suspension details-))).
About the name: my opinion is Hellfire.
I voted already.
Do you know the exact date of RS6 official press-release at IAA:?

Why Hellfire instead of all the others?

artur777
August 25th, 2007, 22:35
Leadfoot,

Hellfire is the most suitable definition for the car's behaviour-))))
It was internal feeling-))))
Am I right?

artur777
August 25th, 2007, 22:57
Leadfoot,

some new thoughts about the RS6 suspension.
Could it be used the technology somesthing like ABC in Mercedes?
As far as I know, ABC is possible to be tuned for both height and stiffness-))). And it's an effective technology.

Leadfoot
August 25th, 2007, 22:59
Leadfoot,

some new thoughts about the RS6 suspension.
Could it be used the technology somesthing like ABC in Mercedes?
As far as I know, ABC is possible to be tuned for both height and stiffness-))). And it's an effective technology.

Think more Audi and you will be on the right tracks. ;)

artur777
August 25th, 2007, 23:24
The most probable then - Advanced MagneticRide-))))
So we should wait and see.