PDA

View Full Version : Audi Software upgrade

Marty72
August 23rd, 2007, 10:00
Has anyone had Audi's latest software upgrade on their RS4? If so how does the car now sound and drive?
Had my RS4 since Feb so it's an late 06 model.
In my opinion Audi have completely toned everything down that made my car so wild and exciting to drive, from the instant acceleration to the raw sound of the exhaust, the accelerator has been smoothed off, the engine note is nowhere near as raw, and that's in sport mode I'm heartbroken.
does anyone know what Audi have done?:vgrumpy:

Arslanoff
August 23rd, 2007, 10:37
Make a performance chip tuning and place Milltek Audi RS 4 Exhaust and everything will be even better then it was!!!

RussianM3_dude
August 23rd, 2007, 10:54
Or just buy the new M3.

Leadfoot
August 23rd, 2007, 12:16
lol new m3 sucks =)

no chance against actual RS4 and will suck against new rs4 :)

As 3x5PSI so often reminds us that the 335i is so easily tuned just think how very unhappy some of the M3 E92 owners around the world will feel when such things become available for the new S4 v6 Bi-turbo. :hihi:

wild-rs4-man2
August 23rd, 2007, 12:34
As 3x5PSI so often reminds us that the 335i is so easily tuned just think how very unhappy some of the M3 E92 owners around the world will feel when such things become available for the new S4 v6 Bi-turbo. :hihi:

yea its funny how the BMW GUYS coppied the audi,,, turbo versions

I remember speaking to a BMW rep a few years ago and he said " we will never use turbos in our engine" mmmmmm

RussianM3_dude
August 23rd, 2007, 12:37
BMW had turbos back in the day. And Audi copied BMW's high-revving NA concept for the RS4.

wild-rs4-man2
August 23rd, 2007, 12:58
BMW had turbos back in the day. And Audi copied BMW's high-revving NA concept for the RS4.

back in whos days (Moses ) , no coping of the high reving concept , it all has to go that way anyway( most sports cars ), how the hell must the rs4 get more power if it only revs to Duhhh 6000 rpm, M3 had a 6 cylinder and then Audi has a V8 ( b6-b7 ), AND DUH the new M3 has what ??? a 6 cylinder ?? ummmmm

I suppose you gonna say Audi copied the " four wheel drive " from the X3, X5

I aint no M3 fanatic , but which one had a turbo,,,,, in the old days ?

RussianM3_dude
August 23rd, 2007, 18:21
2002 Turbo. And few sports cars have high revving engines. Porsche only goes to 7000 for most models. AMGs-7500rpm.

All previous "hot" Audis were turbos, so a descision to go with a NA engine was in response to the M3.

wild-rs4-man2
August 23rd, 2007, 19:09
2002 Turbo. And few sports cars have high revving engines. Porsche only goes to 7000 for most models. AMGs-7500rpm.

All previous "hot" Audis were turbos, so a descision to go with a NA engine was in response to the M3.

yea which M3 had turbos,,,,,, ??? audi had v6 , twin turbo ,, bmw?? then audi moved to V8 , b6 , b7,,, so when did Audi copy M3

M3 now has copied RS4 , S4 and have gone for NA V8 and at the same time copied the V6 Turbo FOR the 335i

:rs4addict

OR i suppose by having a NA engine copied M3 mmmm, COME on , audi lead the way ,BMW follow!!:nono:

wild-rs4-man2
August 23rd, 2007, 19:18
RussianM3 DUDE

WHAT CAR do you drive??

Leadfoot
August 23rd, 2007, 19:26
This is the BMW 2002 Turbo he is talking about.
http://www.motorbase.com/pictures/contributions/990330-european/std_1973_bmw_2002_turbo.jpg

In it's day a very impressive little car but with awful turbo lag, a sign of the times.

Leadfoot
August 23rd, 2007, 19:29
No doubt the present RS4 engine was done in response to critics that said Audi were only good at turbo engines. The RS4 has the fastest crank speed of all present road engines, proving that Audi could makes it with the rest of them.

Audihead
August 24th, 2007, 21:06
RussianM3 DUDE

WHAT CAR do you drive??

Oh god, don't ask.:hihi:

Arslanoff
August 24th, 2007, 22:09
RussianM3 DUDE
Are you Russian some how?
You live in Swiss right?

Arslanoff
August 25th, 2007, 10:49
I'd still believed russians were friendly guys, am i wrong? ;)

They are! But with some exceptions.
May be RussianM3 Dude is also a friendly guy....but in the BMW forum )))

RussianM3_dude
August 25th, 2007, 11:12
RussianM3 DUDE
Are you Russian some how?
You live in Swiss right?

Yes, some how I am Russian. Yes I live in Switzerland.

RussianM3_dude
August 25th, 2007, 11:14
RussianM3 DUDE

WHAT CAR do you drive??

A 2006 RS4.

Leadfoot
August 25th, 2007, 11:32
Look at it from his point of view, he has a RS4 which he totally dislikes, his stuck with it or either loses a bag of money. He's coming on Audi Fan websites to air his grievances, personally if it were me I would be singing to the other non Audi site of how bad Audis are but he prefers to do it his way.

He should be writing to Audi themselves because clearly the relationship between him and the dealer isn't working and the car hasn't been sorted the way he wants.

A result would be Audi to fix the car and as a good will gesture, throw in some Audi Experience driving lessons to just show what is capable with Quattro and how best to drive the thing. Maybe then we might has a convert.

wild-rs4-man2
September 13th, 2007, 14:22
i just called my dealer and I was told the complete opposite, I have done 12000 km and I am almost due for a service but I did not want to go for fear of the power loss

I asked the service manager abouT this problem ( he is a friend of mine ) he told me the upgrade that he has ( 2007 ) will improve my power

I have made a arrangement to go next week and get the " upgrade " done, i was told that it helps with the high altitude ( 1600 m ) up here in South Africa ( JHB ) , SO ALREADY I am able to give a M3 a thrashing so I dont even wanna know what will happen after the upgrade ,,, hehe

Will let you know what happens after the upgrade

Mori
September 13th, 2007, 15:58
Waiting for other responses regarding software upgrades. I thrashed my car around a bit today to see how it feels and the only difference is that it doesn't die when I start it up after night which it did on the 50 software.

Marty72
September 14th, 2007, 08:40
Just so you guy's don't think I'm just a moaning A**e, Leadfoot comments that I dislike my RS4 aren't correct although I can see where he's coming from, I think my RS4 is by far the best car I've ever owed,even with the changes that I'm very upset about it's still the most complete sports saloon out there.
What I do dislike is Audi's policy of changing the way a customer's car drives, without first giving a full explanation of the upgrade and then the choice of having the upgrade(Which they have done recently with an upgrade on the A4 Diesel's).
I have read all the other comments regarding other peoples RS4 upgrades,but my car has definitely changed for the worst,but of course that's always a personal thing.

tazsura
September 14th, 2007, 09:26
Just so you guy's don't think I'm just a moaning A**e, Leadfoot comments that I dislike my RS4 aren't correct although I can see where he's coming from, I think my RS4 is by far the best car I've ever owed,even with the changes that I'm very upset about it's still the most complete sports saloon out there.
What I do dislike is Audi's policy of changing the way a customer's car drives, without first giving a full explanation of the upgrade and then the choice of having the upgrade(Which they have done recently with an upgrade on the A4 Diesel's).
I have read all the other comments regarding other peoples RS4 upgrades,but my car has definitely changed for the worst,but of course that's always a personal thing.

Audi should of explained what they were going to do to your car, quite right. There's no excuse for that. :nono:

However, after my software upgrade i noticed a considerably smoother idle after start up, and it was also smoother when cold. I havn't experienced any sort of power loss though, if anything it feels a tad punchier. :thumb: :dig:

Taz :rotflmao:

Marty72
September 14th, 2007, 10:04
Hi Taz.

I agree with you regarding the Idle and the smoothness when cold,but my car's exhaust note is now considerably quieter than before(Sport and Non Sport), it's lost it's aggressively edged note, just check out the RS4 Vs M3(2007) video on the forum and you'll hear that the M3 has a real bark at high revs(No I'm not a secret M3 lover IT'S UGLY) whereas the RS4 whilst it still sounds great, sounds smoother, my RS4 sounded more like that M3 before the Upgrade and I'm definitely not imagining it.
Regarding your comment about the power I don't feel my RS4 is any less powerful than before but i feel that the torque has been spread out more evenly through the rev band,so whereas before I got a huge shove in the chest at around 5000 rpm that no longer happens which is sad as it was great fun.
Just so you and anyone else who is interested in this on going plight of mine,I can confirm that Audi have now agreed that they have made alterations to the ECU on the RS4 during the last Software upgrade but they didn't think the changes warranted prior customer knowledge.

vasbli
September 17th, 2007, 09:58
same here, i did the software upgrade at 13000km. Nothing special, may be a bit more quiet than before.

wild-rs4-man2
October 2nd, 2007, 07:03
Well today I am on the way to get the " upgrade " done which apparently improves high altidute performance, at the same time I will get my 15000 km service , will let all know how the car performes after the service !!

PetrolDave
October 25th, 2007, 13:23
I had the SW upgrade from 0050 to 0080 done along with my service 2 days ago.

I 100% agree with the comments that the engine is quieter and smoother. I don't think there's any less power but it feels less "raw" and smoother - and I liked it better as it was.

Please can we have a version 0090 that gives us back the "character" that we all love!!!

cally
October 26th, 2007, 02:10
How many softwear upgrade version are there now?? im up to 12000KM and nearly will bring it to service. which softwear upgrade should i get done??

OzRS4
October 26th, 2007, 05:12
Well today I am on the way to get the " upgrade " done which apparently improves high altidute performance, at the same time I will get my 15000 km service , will let all know how the car performes after the service !!

Hey Mr! long time no chat. Been so busy lately.
So how is your car since the service? I've done just over 10000kms now with mine. Chat soon buddy.