PDA

View Full Version : PhatBox

peterb
June 2nd, 2003, 18:32
Okay, I received my PhatBox today.
The price was $699.95, delivery to the UK was $110.00.

On top of that, the import VAT was £93.63, duty £23.04, and UPS 'brokerage charge' was £10.00.

So the grand total was $809.95 + £126.67. Oh, on top of that you need a mains power unit providing 12V @ 800mA - easily obtainable from Maplin or elsewhere.

I haven't completed the install yet, but I have plugged it into the car and it all works fine. The unit itself appears to be exactly the same size as the OEM CD changer, so I anticipate a relatively straightforward 'bolt-in'.

I bought the unit from Clair Wholesale Parts, here (http://www.clair.com/) . My contact is Barry Belt (bbelt@clair.com).

MichaelJP
June 3rd, 2003, 12:07
Sounds good Peter, I'd be very interested to hear how it goes, pics of the installation etc.

I was thinking of getting one of these, but not got round to it yet.

- MichaelJP

gnomik007
June 6th, 2003, 15:21
Can u guys plz explain what Phatbox actually is :confused:

peterb
June 6th, 2003, 19:16
Originally posted by gnomik007
Can u guys plz explain what Phatbox actually is
See phatnoise (http://www.phatnoise.com/products/digitalmediaplayers/index.php)

Plexus
June 8th, 2003, 19:20
I am in High Wycombe most of the time, is there any chance I could meet you and have a look at this thing?

Hope it goes well.

Cheers

peterb
June 9th, 2003, 10:41
Originally posted by Plexus
I am in High Wycombe most of the time, is there any chance I could meet you and have a look at this thing?
Yep. That could be arranged. I am in HW occasionally - my company office is in Lancaster Rd, but I tend to work from home most of the time, so a quick trip to Reading would probably be easiest. PM (or email) me if you'd like to arrange something.

Hope it goes well.
Thanks. I got the unit mounted on the CD changer shelf over the weekend. Not as easy as I would have liked, involving some effort with a hacksaw, but I got it in there!
I took some photos during the exercise, so I'll try to get details up on my website before too long.