PDA

View Full Version : RS6+ oil coolers: part number wanted!

LU-RS6
August 21st, 2007, 15:29
Hi guys,

I've learnt that the plus has one/some additional oil cooler(s), and I'm interested in installing it/them on mine.

Does anyone have the partnumber for it? Or is the additional one the same as the one on the "normal" RS6?

42TT
August 21st, 2007, 16:49
LU-RS6 - From what i have seen the only additional "coolers" on the RS6 PLUS is the additional small radiators behind the intercoolers which are also on cars in warmer countries such as mine as I am in Australia.

Are you experiencing higher than normal engine/transmission temperatures? If so PM me I may have a solution

Cheers,
42tt

gjg
August 21st, 2007, 20:36
Hi guys,

I've learnt that the plus has one/some additional oil cooler(s), and I'm interested in installing it/them on mine.

Does anyone have the partnumber for it? Or is the additional one the same as the one on the "normal" RS6?

LU, this is water cooler, not oil cooler, behind each IC. If you want tranny oil cooler kit, check with Frederick (Mr. Balsen) for MTM oil cooler - it has been listed here few months ago and if I recall it was less that 1k Euro, obviously delivery between Germany and Swiss would be cheap. :thumb:

I can't speak for other solutions offered here as I have no info nor experience with this particullar setup - it is IMHO bit far for any potential customer issues (if there would be any). MTM is virtually around the corner if need would arise.

I have no affiliation one way or another (friendly shark disclaimer :jlol: )

42TT
August 22nd, 2007, 13:57
gjg - Is the MTM Kit for tne transmission and engine ?

42TT

gjg
August 22nd, 2007, 17:33
42TT please contact Mr. Balsen here on the forum as he is da man

gjg
August 22nd, 2007, 17:36
little search would do wonders ... I surprised myself ... :hihi:

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9507&highlight=oil+cooler

LU-RS6
August 23rd, 2007, 00:16
gjg thanks mate, and sorry for not searching more thoroughly :doh:

gjg