PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to the RS6 release? IAA Frankfurt

Erik
August 21st, 2007, 13:17
I'm planning to go Sept. 10-11 (press days), but we will see.

Anyone else going?

Leadfoot
August 21st, 2007, 13:35
Sorry, can't make it but I would love for you to get as many pictures as possible.

PLEASE.

roadrunner
August 21st, 2007, 14:40

Anyone else going?

Sep. 21 & 22 for me. :cheers:

42TT
August 21st, 2007, 16:50
Could the people lucky enough to get there take as many pictures and specifications as possible for the rest of us RS6 lovers.

Thanks
42TT

Benman
August 22nd, 2007, 23:21
Sorry, can't make it but I would love for you to get as many pictures as possible.

PLEASE.

Ditto! Puh' leeeeeeasse!

Ben:addict:

jonas21
August 23rd, 2007, 03:00
I'll be there but not sure when. Probably friday 14th.
Erik: how do you get entry for the press days? You writing a review for the RS6.com mag'? :)

Skaala
August 23rd, 2007, 08:53
where did you buy tickets erik?

Arslanoff
August 23rd, 2007, 11:40
Guys who go to IAA, don't forget about A4/S4 when you will see RS6 there! As I am interested in RS6, but not enough of $€£

jimmy94507
August 24th, 2007, 00:10

Anyone else going?

My wife, Chris, and I are planning to be there on the 17th.
We pick up her new TT Coupe on the 10th, visit Neckarsulm on 11, the Ring on the 14th and IAA on 17th, visit S. Germany until 23rd. What a great way to visit Germany!!

Regards, Jimmy S.

ott
August 25th, 2007, 23:05
Most probably I will be there as well, not sure yet what date though...

Leadfoot
August 25th, 2007, 23:08
My wife, Chris, and I are planning to be there on the 17th.
We pick up her new TT Coupe on the 10th, visit Neckarsulm on 11, the Ring on the 14th and IAA on 17th, visit S. Germany until 23rd. What a great way to visit Germany!!

Regards, Jimmy S.

I take it you are shipping the car back to the State, that will surely cost a bomb.

jimmy94507
August 26th, 2007, 00:41
I take it you are shipping the car back to the State, that will surely cost a bomb.

As part of the European delivery Program, US buyers can take initial delivery of their car in Europe, 15 days of license and insurance is included, car is dropped back off to the shipping Co. and car is delivered to the US dealer where the car was purchased. There is no extra shipping cost. It is the normal Audi transport cost bundled into the price of any Audi purchased in the US. We just get to have fun with the car in Europe before we take final delivery from our dealer in the US.

Regards,
Jimmy S.

Leadfoot
August 26th, 2007, 09:50
Now that is a class idea.

Benman
August 27th, 2007, 16:02
Now that is a class idea.

Audi has actually been lagging behind BMW and Merc on this (not to mention Saab) for a while now.

Jimmy, great to hear. You and Chris will have an AWESOME time on the autobahn and The Ring!:incar:

jimmy94507
August 27th, 2007, 16:15
Jimmy, great to hear. You and Chris will have an AWESOME time on the autobahn and The Ring!:incar:

HI Ben, We're taking the head rest bar. Will try to get some video at the ring.

Jimmy S.

aarong
August 27th, 2007, 18:02
We just get to have fun with the car in Europe before we take final delivery from our dealer in the US.

Wow...I know how I'm taking delivery of my next RS6
:rs6kiss:

Benman
August 27th, 2007, 18:16
HI Ben, We're taking the head rest bar. Will try to get some video at the ring.

Jimmy S.

FYI, filming is now banned at The Ring... so ...

You'll need to store the camera in the glovebox and wait till already underway, then... take camera out and mount and start recording on the go, then make sure to take camera back off before getting back to the "pit"... but you didn't hear that from me... ;)

jimmy94507
August 27th, 2007, 18:35
FYI, filming is now banned at The Ring... so ...

You'll need to store the camera in the glovebox and wait till already underway, then... take camera out and mount and start recording on the go, then make sure to take camera back off before getting back to the "pit"... but you didn't hear that from me... ;)

That is a bummer!! Seems like it would be pretty darn tricky to do all this on the fly, so to speak?

Jimmy S.

Benman
August 27th, 2007, 18:46
That is a bummer!! Seems like it would be pretty darn tricky to do all this on the fly, so to speak?

Jimmy S.

Not as tricky for the passenger... not that I'm speaking from experience mind you. ;) :D

jonas_dg
August 28th, 2007, 11:52
http://www.motorauthority.com/cars/audi/audis-rs6-will-get-more-than-571hp/

The reliable source claims that the 571hp will only be the specified figure Audi will market the car with. True output will be upwards of 600hp, with 610hp (455kW) pegged as the most likely figure.

not sure about the authenticity of this