PDA

View Full Version : New comparisson test of S5/G37/335i

artur777
August 17th, 2007, 12:21
http://www.motivemagazine.com/pub/feature/comparison_tests/The_Lion_the_Witch_and_the_Wardrobe_-Infiniti_G37_vs_BMW_335i_vs_Audi_S5.shtml

Leadfoot
August 17th, 2007, 13:12
Haven't heard the review in full just glanced over it.

One question, does anyone know if the suspension set-up on the S5 is the same as the rest of Europe?

They found the car quite soft compared to the 335i but after comparing both here in the UK I would have found it to be the other way round.

artur777
August 17th, 2007, 15:26
And the acceleration times also are rather unsual.

Leadfoot
August 17th, 2007, 16:31
And the acceleration times also are rather unsual.

Not really, it will greatly depend on the air temperature at the time of the test. If cold then the 335i will produce more power than normal and go a little quicker but even so the S5 is only 0.7s slower than the quickest reported time to the 1/4mile, yes not as expected but lots of factors could be coming in to play, like a well used example which has been around all the other magazines and the clutch isn't at it's best. A slipping clutch will knock at good time as sure as anything and because it slips slightly, each gear change will be affected so it will look like the car is a slower example compared to the quickest.

The thing that surprised me about the test was the handling, not as good as the 335i which did strike me as odd, most other tests have reported the S5 to have the much better turn in and grip through and out of the corner.

You win one, you lose one, there the nature of the beast.:cheers:

3x5PSI
August 17th, 2007, 21:32
Must be rigged. Maybe it wasn't done in Britain.

Leadfoot
August 18th, 2007, 00:45
Must be rigged. Maybe it wasn't done in Britain.

What part ? :confused:

The fact that the BMW isn't a shock, many of tests will place it ahead and just as many will place the S5 in front. Their comments about the ride/handling was more of a surprise to me. That's all.