PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Audi A4: Official Images To Be Revealed On Aug. 28

Arslanoff
August 17th, 2007, 09:20
2008 Audi A4: Official Images To Be Revealed On Aug. 28 (http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2007/08/2008-audi-a4-official-images-to-be.html)
Looks like our insider was right on about the all-new A4 being introduced at the Frankfurt Show. Audi’s official Dutch site (http://www.nieuweaudia4.nl/)just opened a new section today on the main page not only revealing that the A4 will make its debut in Frankfurt but also that Audi will release the first teaser images of its BMW 3-Series and Mercedes C-Class contender on August 28. We’re definitely looking forward to this.

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/4904/a4do3.jpg

HKS786
August 17th, 2007, 10:50
Cant wait to see the car. This car is going to get a lot of people anxious to see the pics on the 28th because we havent even seen any spypics or official sketches giving us any clues as to what it will look like! I just HOPE it is better than the new C Class and 3 Series. Go Audi !

Arslanoff
August 17th, 2007, 10:59
I just HOPE it is better than the new C Class and 3 Series. Go Audi !
I am quite sure about it, hope S4 will also be there! :dig:
We have seen A5/S5 - which I hope looks almost the same as upcoming A4, as I like the A5 so much!!!! But coupe is not my choice.

HKS786
August 17th, 2007, 11:01
I am quite sure about it, hope S4 will also be there! :dig:
We have seen A5/S5 - which I hope looks almost the same as upcoming A4, as I like the A5 so much!!!! But coupe is not my choice.

Ooooh good point bro. It would be great to see the S4 at the same time. I have a feeling we might just see it. I mean, BMW has their E90 335i and the E90 M3 in progress. Also, MB have the C350 and C63 completed.

Maybe Audi will suprise us and show us the new S4 too even though we havent seen sketches or spypics of it!:jlol:

RussianM3_dude
August 17th, 2007, 11:54
I recon S4 will be shown too. After all, the 335 is already here, so maybe Audi will even show a TwinTurbo 3.2 or something.

Leadfoot
August 17th, 2007, 12:08
I recon S4 will be shown too. After all, the 335 is already here, so maybe Audi will even show a TwinTurbo 3.2 or something.

What I have been told is that the new S4 will be powered by a v6 Bi-turbo but in all fairness the source isn't part of the development team so this might be just rumours.

But I have heard this same rumour from more than one source so maybe it is true after all. ;)

Toto89
August 17th, 2007, 12:12
I really hope it will be a V6 biturbo. I also hope that it will be close to 400hp. Or am i dreaming?:confused:

Leadfoot
August 17th, 2007, 12:16
I really hope it will be a V6 biturbo. I also hope that it will be close to 400hp. Or am i dreaming?:confused:

Ding...ring...ding....ring.

Sorry mate that your alarm clock it time to get up. :jlol: Sorry to say it but 400hp is out of the question, I believe it will be around 330~335hp but equal amount of torque to the S5 only over a much wider rev range. It will still be quicker than the old going model though.

Arslanoff
August 17th, 2007, 15:34
I want to see V6 bi-turbo 360bhp and available in autumn 2007

Leadfoot
August 17th, 2007, 15:46
If it has more than the S5, I will eat my hat. If I had one that is.

Arslanoff
August 17th, 2007, 16:01
Leadfoot (http://www.rs6.com/forum/member.php?u=2474), so deal? But I think you are right, sedans/avants are more family cars then coupe - so S4 will be a bit less power if V6 bi-turbo and the same if 4,2L

Arslanoff
August 23rd, 2007, 09:38
One guy from Audi told a bit about A4 (http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/nachfolgemodell-schon-bald-t1553483.html)

Die Mittelkonsole ist fast identisch mit der des A6 ( inkl. MMI nun in der Mittelkonsole mit grossem Controllerknopf ). Die Seitenansicht gleicht mit den ausgestellten Radhäusern und den unteren Rammschutzleisten an den Türen ebenfalls dem A6.
Ein schönes Auto , freut Euch drauf.
Die Tachos sind eine Mischung aus A6 und A5 , also tiefer in den Tüten drin ( wie beim A5 ) und tropfenform (wie A6) .
Die LED Tagfahrlichter werden wohl Option sein ( in den Hauptscheinwerfern integriert wie beim A5 ) , jedenfalls hatte der Prototyp keine.
Ich denke , es wird nur mit Xenon Plus bzw. adaptive Light kombiniert .
Wenn das Auto nur H7 hat , ist auch kein LED TFL dabei.
Aber das weiß ich wie gesagt nicht genau.
Ich weiss jetzt nicht genau wie lang der A5 ist, aber der neue A4 ist 4,72m (etwa Passat-Niveau), damit hat er etwa wieder 20cm Abstand zum aktuellen A6 ( 4,91 m)
der neue A4 hat wie gesagt in etwa die Seitenansicht des A6 mit stärker ausgestellten Radhäusern als der A6 , so war das gemeint. Ausserdem hat er einen leichten Schwung in der Seitenlinie ( wie der A5 ) , das ist das neue Design von Audi. Neu ist übrigens auch , dass die Front jetzt immer so ausschaut wie bei der bisherigen S-Line Exterieur Version , also mit mittigem dritten Fronteinlass unter dem Singleframe und den Spoilerkanten( Lippen ) vorne unter den Neblern.
Mit den Rammschutzleisten war genau das gemeint , was hier nochmal beschrieben wurde: In den Türen unten die Kunststoffverkleidungen ( das sind die Rammschutzleisten ). Beim A4 steigen diese stärker an als beim aktuellen A6 , dadurch wirkt der Wagen bulliger und der Schwellerbereich stärker.
Der Hammer ist wie gesagt der Innenraum , hier sieht es demnächst aus wie im A6. ( A5 ist ja auch schon sehr angelehnt an A6)
Leider habe ich kein Foto machen dürfen , wäre glaube ich rechtlich auch problematisch wenn ich das hier einstellen würde.
Der Wagen ist wie gesagt beim Zulieferer von Audi in der Prototypenkammer ( verschlossen ) gewesen . Dieses ist bei den Autoherstellern so üblich , dass Lieferanten , die Teile zur Aufrüstunmg , Umrüstung, Nachrüstung ans Band lieferen , vorher ein Modell der Vorserie zum Probeverbau bekommen.
Zur A4 Optik aussen nochmal : Natürlich sieht der A4 aus wie eine Mischung aus A5 und A6 ( leicht geschwungene Seitenlinie ; aber viele Details des A6 dazu ) Es ist halt eine Modelfamilie und die Autos werden sich immer ähnlicher. Ob der Neue nun aussieht wie ein kleiner A6 oder wie ein 4-Türiger A5 soll dann doch jeder selber für sich entscheiden... Auf jeden Fall sieht er sportlich aus..

He said that A4 will be more like small A6 then 4-door A5 and will look sporty!.

The RS6
August 23rd, 2007, 09:47
The center console is nearly identical to that of the A6 (inclusive MMI now in the center console with large CONTROLLER button). The side view resembles the A6 likewise with the issued wheel housings and the lower ramming protection strips at the doors.
A beautiful car, makes you happy drauf.
The Tachos is a mixture from A6 and A5, thus more deeply in the bags in it (as with the A5) and dripping form (like A6).
The LED of day headlights probably option will not be (in the main headlights integrates as with the A5), anyhow had the prototype.
I think, it only with xenon plus and/or adaptive Light am combined.
If the car has only H7, participates also no LED TFL.
But I do not know as said exactly.
I not exactly white now the A5 is as long, but the new A4 is 4,72m (about trade wind level), thus has it about again 20cm distance to the current A6 (4.91 m)
the new A4 has as said into for instance the side view of the A6 with more strongly issued wheel housings than the A6, then that was meant. In addition it has an easy momentum in the collateral line (like the A5), that is the new Design of AUDI. New it is by the way also that the front out-looks now always in such a way as with the past S-LINE Exterieur version, thus with centric third front inlet under the Singleframe and the Spoilerkanten (lips) in front under the Neblern.
With the ramming protection strips exactly that was meant, what was again described here: In the doors down the plastic linings (that are the ramming protection strips). With the A4 these rise more strongly than with the current A6, thus the car works more bulliger and that swelling inheritance realm more strongly.
The hammer is like said the interior, here looks it shortly as in the A6. (A5 is already very ajar against A6)
Unfortunately I was allowed to make no photo, would be believe I legally also problematic if I that would adjust here.
The car was as said with the supplier by AUDI in the prototype chamber (locked). This is with automakers so usual that suppliers, who lieferen parts to the Aufrüstunmg, re-equipment, Nachrüstung to the volume get before a model of the pilot lot to the sample sheeting.
To the A4 optics outside again: The A4 looks natural like a mixture from A5 and A6 (easily swung collateral line; but many details of the A6 in addition) is stop a Modelfamilie and the cars become ever more similar. Whether the new one now looks like a small A6 or like a 4-Türiger A5 is everyone nevertheless for itself to then decide… In any case ones it looks sporty.

Translated with Google Translation

AudiSuperDriver
August 23rd, 2007, 10:44
hotttttttttt

chewym
August 23rd, 2007, 11:05
can we get a proper translation, there must be members here that are good at both german and english

all i got is that it will be 185.8 inches long (quite a bit longer than 3 series/c class)

Arslanoff
August 23rd, 2007, 11:32
It looks like A4 gonna be the same size as VW Passat + MLP ‘modulare längsplattform’ (modular platform for longitudinally mounted engines) so it will be quite roomy )))

Leadfoot
August 23rd, 2007, 12:12
It looks like A4 gonna be the same size as VW Passat + MLP ‘modulare längsplattform’ (modular platform for longitudinally mounted engines) so it will be quite roomy )))

And not a moment to soon. It's the one area that we have constitiently been behind the competition, hopefully soon to be ahead. :p

Arslanoff
August 23rd, 2007, 13:16
Who speaks German? Can you register and ask the guy about S4 and the 3L V6 Bi-turbo engine?
And by the way he refers to this picture
http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/aktion/Attachment.html?attachmentId=390284

RussianM3_dude
August 23rd, 2007, 16:42
Why would they keep the V8 for the S5 then?

Arslanoff
August 23rd, 2007, 16:56
Х.З. - how knows why? May be V8 will also be on S4, maybe not

Leadfoot
August 23rd, 2007, 17:09
Why would they keep the V8 for the S5 then?

I don't know that it will be a v6 Bi-turbo for sure, it just something that was hinted to me some time ago when discussing something else.;)

I believe Iceman is under the same impression or I should say he was at that time.

Audi are trying to give these two cars A4 and A5 different identities, this is why a lot believe their styling will be different and some of the choice of engines, it impossible to have the engine ranges totally different but S4 gaining a V6 instead of a V8 would be a start. To tell you the truth I was surprised that the S5 was launched at the beginning, like most I believed the V8 model was just a bigger engine A5 not the S5, at the time I believed the S5 would get a V6 Bi-turbo engine with even more power.

It's a funny old world.:blush:

Arslanoff
August 23rd, 2007, 19:11
This guy also said that the wheel base will be min 275cm (108.3in) against BMW 3-series 272cm (107.3in) and all the car about 4.7m. He also prooved first official photos on Tuesday, so we have to wait less then a week now )))
To the subject of DSG, it will be introduced only next year in the A4 for the first time.

Leadfoot
August 23rd, 2007, 21:32
This guy also said that the wheel base will be min 275cm (108.3in) against BMW 3-series 272cm (107.3in) and all the car about 4.7m. He also prooved first official photos on Tuesday, so we have to wait less then a week now )))
To the subject of DSG, it will be introduced only next year in the A4 for the first time.

That's great news, up till now most thought that the Q5 will get to introduce the new system. I wonder how soon the system will be rolled out to the A5 and what models will it be offered with first?

RXBG
August 23rd, 2007, 21:44
same engine for A4/A5 S4/S5. when they DO change it it will be changed in both. i wouldn't be surprised if the RS versions are the ones with fewer cylinders and turbos. only other option is to give them a NA larger displacement V8. updated the S5/S4 engine plants to a V6 TT one year after their intro wouldn't make sense........ imo

Leadfoot
August 23rd, 2007, 21:53
same engine for A4/A5 S4/S5. when they DO change it it will be changed in both. i wouldn't be surprised if the RS versions are the ones with fewer cylinders and turbos. only other option is to give them a NA larger displacement V8. updated the S5/S4 engine plants to a V6 TT one year after their intro wouldn't make sense........ imo

I think all these ideas came from the new found interest that Audi had in improving they handling dynamics, the logical approach would be to fit small Bi-turbo units instead of large heavy V8s. It has been hinted that Quattro GmbH will be down-sizing their engines in the future, whether this is to happen right away I don't know,things usually don't happen that quick but it is meant to be their intention for the future.

chewym
August 23rd, 2007, 22:48
The current V6/V8 weight difference is only 60-70 or so pounds. Adding turbos/intercoolers will basically make that difference about 0. Of course you can get some exra fuel economy. But a 7 speed gearbox would help so much more. The S5 with a manual gets worse fuel economy than the A6/A8 with the same engine but way more weight.

Leadfoot
August 23rd, 2007, 22:53
I basically think if the S4 gets the v6 Bi-turbo unit, it will not only be capable of much better economy but with it's extra torque over a much wide rev range will produce a much better everyday drive with better over-taking ability.

If true I hope this engine works it's way in to the S5.

Arslanoff
August 23rd, 2007, 23:51
Hope so, I like the idea of having V6 BT more then V8

AudiSuperDriver
August 24th, 2007, 09:14
4 days left until we see pictures...

Arslanoff
August 25th, 2007, 10:44
According to some guys this rendering is the most accurate.
http://www.autozeitung.de/online/bildDB/68515_450.jpg

Leadfoot
August 25th, 2007, 11:15
I personally prefer the A4 rendering that took it's styling from the A5, that swish has grown on me so much in recent weeks but I could live with this all the same. It will be interesting to see what changes have been made to the interior design, will it basically look like a A5 or have they some new design features for the A4.

Arslanoff
August 26th, 2007, 12:41
Wallpaper
http://www.autozeitung.de/online/files/bc_dir/4/static/bildpopup.php?render=popup&media_id=68515&bc_ID=0068567

Arslanoff
August 26th, 2007, 12:49
Hey Germans!!!!! TRANSLATE!!!!
Guy from Audi answered the question about the S4:
Nichts genaues weiß man nicht. Feststeht das Audi an einem V6 mit Aufladung und auch an einem V8 mit Aufladung entwickelt. Aber mehr kann man nicht sagen.

HKS786
August 26th, 2007, 13:40
"One does not know nothing details. That is developed certain AUDI at a V6 with loading and also at a V8 with loading. But one cannot say more."

I translated it with Google Translate!

Another website translation says:

"One knows nothing precise not. If Audi is certain in a V6 with loading and also in a V8 with loading developed. But any more one cannot say."

artur777
August 26th, 2007, 14:09
It means they are still choosing between 2 opportunities

HKS786
August 26th, 2007, 14:20
It means they are still choosing between 2 opportunities

Yep, I gathered that much with the poor translation :D

Arslanoff
August 26th, 2007, 14:20
Still? 2 days before release? Or we won't see S4 in September....(((?

Toto89
August 26th, 2007, 14:21
Aufladung refers to charging here. Definitely turbocharging. It's exciting to hear about a new V8 turbo;)

Toto89
August 26th, 2007, 15:07
@ Toto, don't think there will be something bigger than 3.0 BiTurbo
(beacause of new EU Emissions regulations and fuel consumption)

Surely not in the S4 but the german speaking guy mentioned a V8 "charged" engine in progress. I'm waiting curiously in what car will they use it.

HKS786
August 26th, 2007, 15:15
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/5299/a42kj1.jpg

could that be the A4 rear? someone posted it up on carspyshots.net. it's def not an A5, the lights are very different, I checked!

The RS6
August 26th, 2007, 15:16
Surely not in the S4 but the german speaking guy mentioned a V8 "charged" engine in progress. I'm waiting curiously in what car will they use it.

RS5? :heart:

Arslanoff
August 26th, 2007, 15:16
May be charged V8 will be on RS5.

HKS786
August 26th, 2007, 15:17
People I think it is the A4, I brightened up the image and the rear bumper is quite different!

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4935/untitled1jt9.jpg

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/9839/audia52008800x600wallpapz4.jpg

Arslanoff
August 26th, 2007, 15:23
Looks like Photoshop. Image was darkened and you can't see the label and so on.
Look at that
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/2041/audia5ok2007021920x1200hl5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Arslanoff
August 26th, 2007, 15:25
Double repost from me. I can't keep up with you guys!

HKS786
August 26th, 2007, 15:26
GRR, it's quite sad if someone done that. They went to the trouble of adjusting the diffuser and rear lights, then added a fake plate and reflections etc.

Arslanoff
August 26th, 2007, 15:27
It is even the same picture! just darkened a bit and cut-paste on the white line of stops + background

HKS786
August 26th, 2007, 15:31
It is even the same picture! just darkened a bit and cut-paste on the white line of stops + background

I feel stupid now especially since I'm quite good wit photoshop myself. I cant believe someone would do that...idiot...:(

Arslanoff
August 26th, 2007, 20:55
- The right down corner of your picture and A5 picture is the same: shadow and white stripe ending in the same place on both pictures.
- Both cars 3.0TDI Quattro, both cars with german number plate,
- Both cars blue
- White lines on the stops on your picture are unusual shape (no gloss as on other parts of the stops),
- We can't see A4 symbol and back windows of the car on your picture to be sure that it is sedan,
- Bonet is 100% the same , and it should be different on sedan and coupe
- Picture is very dark on some parts and normal on others (exhoust, number plate, lights), which is unusual also.
Sorry mate, but your picture is 100% PHOTOSHOP and it is very obvious. So your source is lieing.

HKS786
August 26th, 2007, 21:25
- The right down corner of your picture and A5 picture is the same: shadow and white stripe ending in the same place on both pictures.
- Both cars 3.0TDI Quattro, both cars with german number plate,
- Both cars blue
- White lines on the stops on your picture are unusual shape (no gloss as on other parts of the stops),
- We can't see A4 symbol and back windows of the car on your picture to be sure that it is sedan,
- Bonet is 100% the same , and it should be different on sedan and coupe
- Picture is very dark on some parts and normal on others (exhoust, number plate, lights), which is unusual also.
Sorry mate, but your picture is 100% PHOTOSHOP and it is very obvious. So your source is lieing.

hmm it appears so...grr...:(

Leadfoot
August 26th, 2007, 21:52
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/2041/audia5ok2007021920x1200hl5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

It's a PS because look in the rear window and then follow the black line down the wall, see how it's out of position when seen through the window.

HKS786
August 26th, 2007, 22:00
It's a PS because look in the rear window and then follow the black line down the wall, see how it's out of position when seen through the window.

Nooo. Look above bro. The bad quality pic of what looks like an A5's rear is thought to be the next A4. That pic you commented on is a real Audi release of the A5.

HKS786
August 27th, 2007, 13:53
Guys I found out that it is FAKE and it is a chop. Here's the original:

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/6126/a4oq5uq2.jpg

That said, here's what a source says about the next A4:

"once you guys see the new a4 it won't be so funny.it really does look like that!the arses for the entire range except for the avants will be variations of the a5 arse.the next victim will be the a6 facelift.audi has always done this,remember audi 100-200-80-c4a6-a8, c5a6-b6a4-tt?"

I guess he is right, look at this spypic:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/wp-content/plugins/iimage-gallery.php?idpost=5085&idg=1&idi=4

I guess this raises another important question: "WHY DOES THAT A5 LOOK DIFFERENT FROM THE REAR?" look at the rear lights!

Leadfoot
August 27th, 2007, 14:10
That is a similar statement I made about the A3 Cabio which also shares the A5 rear light set-up.

HKS786
August 27th, 2007, 14:50
Hm if its going to be the new A4 (which i like more, with the white stripe down there) perhaps, the A5 get a facelift ?

Maybe, but it seems very soon for a facelift, unless they arent planning on releasing it any time soon. My source originally thought that the chop was a bad quality shot from the presspack for the A4. Perhaps its a presspack for the A5 facelift...

Infact, I think it is a facelift. I dont know about you guys, but I think the rear lights on the A5/S5 could be a tiny bit bigger. They look a little bigger in this pic

MPT
August 27th, 2007, 15:01
Maybe, but it seems very soon for a facelift, unless they arent planning on releasing it any time soon. My source originally thought that the chop was a bad quality shot from the presspack for the A4. Perhaps its a presspack for the A5 facelift...

Infact, I think it is a facelift. I dont know about you guys, but I think the rear lights on the A5/S5 could be a tiny bit bigger. They look a little bigger in this pic

Believe me - there will be no A5 face-lift in the near future. And there is deffinently NO press material yet.

HKS786
August 27th, 2007, 15:05
Believe me - there will be no A5 face-lift in the near future. And there is deffinently NO press material yet.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking but I cant explain this image. Unless of course this image is a chop too!

Toto89
August 27th, 2007, 15:35
Or maybe the car on the picture is the A5 with led tails. If i know well (which isn't sure) the A5 haven't got the led tails yet. Maybe this is the led-version?:eye:

HKS786
August 27th, 2007, 15:36
Or maybe the car on the picture is the A5 with led tails. If i know well (which isn't sure) the A5 haven't got the led tails yet. Maybe this is the led-version?:eye:

Hmmmmm maybe !

Damienr8
August 27th, 2007, 18:06
Coming really soon...

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/3751/cspa41ud2.jpg

MPT
August 27th, 2007, 18:08

I think it's quite obvious, that this is a PS. We should be expecting the LED rear-lights primo 2008, and the overall shape of the lights will not be changed, the next couple of years.

tvrfan
August 27th, 2007, 18:13
Coming really soon...

whats the source you find the photo? are these the official leaked fotos? i dont hope so, iam expecting more photos ^^

Damienr8
August 27th, 2007, 18:16
whats the source you find the photo? are these the official leaked fotos? i dont hope so, iam expecting more photos ^^

Taken from http://www.carspyshots.net/zerothread?id=15631&page=13

MORE INFO
Not fake. Read this..
To our surprise, a reader of Carscoop just dropped the official teaser images along with a few initial specs of the 2008 Audi A4 into our email kindly asking from us however, to stay put until the embargo’s over tomorrow, Wednesday, Aug. 29. Even though our hands are twitching like a fish to post the pics, we’ll honor our reader’s request and just share the initial info along with a cut of the A4’s rear end.
Design-wise, the 2008 A4 is literally an A5 with two-extra doors and a higher roofline –the rear and front end are a carbon-copy from the coupe. Same goes for the dashboard that’s derived straight from Audi’s mid-size coupe. Overall, we were expecting something a bit more exciting from Audi as the new A4 looks too "familiarish" with the current model. -Continued after the jump

Based on the A5 Coupe's platform, the new A4 is quite bigger than the model it replaces as its overall length is just above 4.7m or 1,850-inches (vs the current A4’s 4.586 m or 1,805-inches). Initially, the 2008 A4 will be offered with two petrol units, the 1.8 TFSi delivering 170 Hp and the 3.2 FSI V6 with 262 Hp, along with three diesel engines, the 2.0TDI with 140 Hp, the 188 Hp 2.7 TDI and the 236 Hp 3.0 TDI. We’ll get back on the A4 as soon as Audi (officially) uploads all the info and pics.

xfifty
August 27th, 2007, 18:31
A4 with S4 exhaust tips ?

Coming really soon...

Damienr8
August 27th, 2007, 18:34
A4 with S4 exhaust tips ?

Most likely a TDI shot for the UK spec B8 A4

Iceman
August 27th, 2007, 19:21
Most likely a 2.0T FSI.

Hans.

Iceman
August 27th, 2007, 20:26
My source confirms that it IS the A4!!!!!!!!!!!!

He says expect more images within 12 hours and when the embargo is lifted he'll give me sketches! This is how he describes it:

"a5+nuvolari sides with rising line from front to rear wheel"

Also, we are going to see the S4 at Tokyo 2008, sorry people, no S4 tomorrow! He also says we'll see the RS6, A1 and Q5 within few months.
Nothing about a faster TT.

Hans.

Arslanoff
August 27th, 2007, 20:26
Also, we are going to see the S4 at Tokyo 2008, sorry people, no S4 tomorrow!

WTF!!! :MTM: May be The 40th Tokyo Motor Show 2007 from October 26th (Friday) through November 11th?
Or in a year??? NO it could not be so!!! :doh:

tvrfan
August 27th, 2007, 20:29
Taken from http://www.carspyshots.net/zerothread?id=15631&page=13

MORE INFO
Not fake. Read this..
To our surprise, a reader of Carscoop just dropped the official teaser images along with a few initial specs of the 2008 Audi A4 into our email kindly asking from us however, to stay put until the embargo’s over tomorrow, Wednesday, Aug. 29. Even though our hands are twitching like a fish to post the pics, we’ll honor our reader’s request and just share the initial info along with a cut of the A4’s rear end.
Design-wise, the 2008 A4 is literally an A5 with two-extra doors and a higher roofline –the rear and front end are a carbon-copy from the coupe. Same goes for the dashboard that’s derived straight from Audi’s mid-size coupe. Overall, we were expecting something a bit more exciting from Audi as the new A4 looks too "familiarish" with the current model. -Continued after the jump

Based on the A5 Coupe's platform, the new A4 is quite bigger than the model it replaces as its overall length is just above 4.7m or 1,850-inches (vs the current A4’s 4.586 m or 1,805-inches). Initially, the 2008 A4 will be offered with two petrol units, the 1.8 TFSi delivering 170 Hp and the 3.2 FSI V6 with 262 Hp, along with three diesel engines, the 2.0TDI with 140 Hp, the 188 Hp 2.7 TDI and the 236 Hp 3.0 TDI. We’ll get back on the A4 as soon as Audi (officially) uploads all the info and pics.

i hope these engines are wrong !!! a 2.0 tdi with 140hp sucks, man audi really need to bring something new, not the old shit from the A3 or something i see the comparisions between E90 320d 163hp vs. B8 A4 2.0 tdi 140hp. that sucks, and where is the answer to the 335d??? iam really dissapointed to the engine line up from the new A4 i expectet a way newer engines and way more horsepower. that isnt the way to beat bmw. i hope that are not the final specs of the engines!!!

Damienr8
August 27th, 2007, 20:40
i hope these engines are wrong !!! a 2.0 tdi with 140hp sucks, man audi really need to bring something new, not the old shit from the A3 or something i see the comparisions between E90 320d 163hp vs. B8 A4 2.0 tdi 140hp. that sucks, and where is the answer to the 335d??? iam really dissapointed to the engine line up from the new A4 i expectet a way newer engines and way more horsepower. that isnt the way to beat bmw. i hope that are not the final specs of the engines!!!

I do not think audi is 'completely' focused of beating BMW, by matching each of their offerings. While Audi is in the process of expanding their lineup of vehicles, i do not think that they are using the BMW lineup as a template for future model offerings.

Some of the engines listed in my post might be speculation and might not be ready (or even approved) for launch with the B8 A4. While the souce of information might be very valuable, we only have one more day until the new A4 is exposed...

Just my 2 cents.

HKS786
August 27th, 2007, 20:41
1st official image?

http://thecarfanatic.com/?cat=3

http://thecarfanatic.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/a4.jpg

EDIT:

My source says the pic is REAL! I guess time will tell if my source is truthful or not!

HKS786
August 27th, 2007, 20:44
As I posted in another thread, my source says the new RS6 will hit 60 in 4.3 !

tvrfan
August 27th, 2007, 20:49
1st official image?

http://thecarfanatic.com/?cat=3

EDIT:

My source says the pic is REAL! I guess time will tell if my source is truthful or not!

headlights looking at bit like vw passat. maybe a little bit boring looking. but good!

PS: are we seeing tomorow for sure the official B8 A4 pictures from interior, exterior and engines??

Leadfoot
August 27th, 2007, 20:54
From what I am seeing here doesn't impress me one bit. The grill looks to flat and it has lost all that makes the A5 look beefy.

I hope it's just the colour that turning me off.:rolleyes:

HKS786
August 27th, 2007, 21:01
From what I am seeing here doesn't impress me one bit. The grill looks to flat and it has lost all that makes the A5 look beefy.

I hope it's just the colour that turning me off.:rolleyes:

I thought that too! Infact, the stance in that pic reminded me of a Passat and not different enough from the current A4...

10 minutes later it grew on me! Only after you compare it to a pic of the current A4, will you notice how different the grille is, the bumper, the side details, mirrors etc.

tvrfan
August 27th, 2007, 21:13
headlights looking at bit like vw passat. maybe a little bit boring looking. but good!

PS: are we seeing tomorow for sure the official B8 A4 pictures from interior, exterior and engines??

HKS786, do you know something?

Iceman
August 27th, 2007, 21:25
Don't like it, looks like a facelifted B7.

Hans.

Damienr8
August 27th, 2007, 21:30
Don't like it, looks like a facelifted B7.

Hans.

+100000000 :nana:

HKS786
August 27th, 2007, 21:31
HKS786, do you know something?

Crap, the source is offline. I'll keep checking for him coming back on!

Damienr8
August 27th, 2007, 21:32
Upon further investigation in photoshop, it looks like a chop guys. Look at the headlight assembly and around the grill area.

HKS786
August 27th, 2007, 22:24
Upon further investigation in photoshop, it looks like a chop guys. Look at the headlight assembly and around the grill area.

I think you are right. My source told me that after a phone call he found out that the pic is a chop! but he still stands by what he said earlier. It will be like the A5 with a bit of the Nuvolari!

HKS786
August 27th, 2007, 22:30
Update: my source tells me his colleagues tell him there are 4 teasers online. silver,blau,and 2 studio pics. I'm asking for links as we speak

AudiTumbo
August 27th, 2007, 22:35
Update: my source tells me his colleagues tell him there are 4 teasers online. silver,blau,and 2 studio pics. I'm asking for links as we speak

Any news??

chewym
August 27th, 2007, 22:57
The red A4 looks official imo.

Damienr8
August 27th, 2007, 23:39
Any news??

+1 anything yet?:vhmmm:

HKS786
August 27th, 2007, 23:40
+1 anything yet?:vhmmm:

grr, he's offline lol. so sorry. There is a huge time difference though. something like 5 hours...

The RS6
August 28th, 2007, 07:38
No pics yet from Audi? When will they be introduced?

chewym
August 28th, 2007, 07:45
Nothing so far, it's almost the 28 th already, even in US.

f1esp
August 28th, 2007, 07:50
There's a new thread boys...
:dig:

AudiSuperDriver
August 28th, 2007, 08:23
we should wait from that site to see what's original and what's not...

Damienr8
August 28th, 2007, 15:48
Damn where is it already lol

HKS786
August 28th, 2007, 15:49
Damn where is it already lol

+1 !

I'm trying to get hold of my source, I'll keep you guys updated if I find anything out...

tvrfan
August 28th, 2007, 15:53
+1 !

I'm trying to get hold of my source, I'll keep you guys updated if I find anything out...

:MTM: :wo: :MTM: :wo: :brag: WEEHHHERE PIC`? iam freaking out, i wanna see interior and exterioöör NOWW TODAY :stick: :brag: :wo:

:D

AudiSuperDriver
August 28th, 2007, 16:49
me too...very curious indeed...and also i need to SEE IN WHITE...WHITE WHITE WHITE...i need WHITEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Iceman
August 28th, 2007, 16:52
[http://www.motorauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/Audi/A4/B8/A4_MOTORAUTHORITY_1.jpg
http://www.motorauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/Audi/A4/B8/A4_MOTORAUTHORITY_2.jpg
http://www.motorauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/Audi/A4/B8/A4_MOTORAUTHORITY_3.jpg
http://www.motorauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/Audi/A4/B8/A4_MOTORAUTHORITY_4.jpg
http://www.motorauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/Audi/A4/B8/A4_MOTORAUTHORITY_5.jpg

Hans.

Damienr8
August 28th, 2007, 16:56
Just like I said, they dumped the R8's headlight assembly into the B7 A4 headlight frame.

HKS786
August 28th, 2007, 16:59
Just like I said, they dumped the R8's headlight assembly into the B7 A4 headlight frame.

Yeah they did. Thanks for the pics btw, it looks great to me! btw, my source tells me that the R8 will have a new front + headlights when the spider comes out. Look at my sig. It supposed to be more like the original concept. Therefore the R8 coupe will also have a reworked front + headlights. This will seperate it from the A4...

Iceman
August 28th, 2007, 17:03
I like the B7 much better.

Hans.

HKS786
August 28th, 2007, 17:04

Hans.

What do you think of interior shots? I'm gona post comparison shots in a sec...

Damienr8
August 28th, 2007, 17:06

Hans.

+1. Looks like aB7 refresh... I don't like it very much. WTF Audi?:confused:

Iceman
August 28th, 2007, 17:07
It's like the A5 and i don't like it either.

Hans.

Iceman
August 28th, 2007, 17:13
The choises for a Audi get easyer by the day.
I only like the TT and R8, but both are availeble with the wrong engines.
The TT need a inline five 2.5T FSI and the R8 needs a 5.2 V10 FSI.
There is nothing wrong with the 4.2 V8 FSI version but a 5.2 V10 FSI sound much better IMHO.

Hans.

Damienr8
August 28th, 2007, 17:13
It's like the A5 and i don't like it either.

Hans.

Looks like we are on the same boat Iceman. Interior looks like the same old A5, Exterior Looks like a refreshed B7.... Hopefully it's driving dynamics are different.....If not, I guess the A4 won't be my next car...

Iceman
August 28th, 2007, 17:15
Looks like we are on the same boat Iceman. Interior looks like the same old A5, Exterior Looks like a refreshed B7.... Hopefully it's driving dynamics are different.....If not, I guess the A4 won't be my next car...
And we have to wait another 12 months for the S4.

Hans.

Damienr8
August 28th, 2007, 17:17
And we have to wait another 12 months for the S4.

Hans.

:nana: damnit

HKS786
August 28th, 2007, 17:19
Comparison shots:

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w239/J78628/1.jpg
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w239/J78628/11.jpg

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w239/J78628/2.jpg
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w239/J78628/22.jpg

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w239/J78628/3.jpg
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w239/J78628/33.jpg

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/3676/audia420t2005800x600walva2.jpg

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w239/J78628/5.jpg
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w239/J78628/55.jpg

Arslanoff
August 28th, 2007, 17:22
What a great car!!! Want to see S4!!! Hope it will come in Sept auto show!

HKS786
August 28th, 2007, 17:26
What a great car!!! Want to see S4!!! Hope it will come in Sept auto show!

I think so too. Imagine the S-line, then S4 then RS4 ! :rs4addict

I guess I'm not the only one that thinks the changes are quite good. But I do wish it was less of a facelift.

Edit: looking at the comparisons, I think the thing I like mostly, is that where the A4 looks "bubbly" and a tiny bit bloated in the pics (real life looks a lot better), the new A4 in pics alone already has more distinct lines and sharper edges. I know this will look good on the road.

roadrunner
August 28th, 2007, 17:33
I like it silver much more than in red - now i' curious how it will look like in darker colours.

The interiour is almost same as in the A5 - a good thing.

now i eagerly await the A4 Avant (probalby another six months)

I'm am not sure, but does the front bumber look like an s-line exteriour bumper (compare A5 & TT)?

Arslanoff
August 28th, 2007, 17:34
According to http://www.motorauthority.com article no S4, no DSG and no even 2.0T engine will be available on the lounch! WTF?

HKS786
August 28th, 2007, 17:35
According to http://www.motorauthority.com article no S4, no DSG and no even 2.0T engine will be available on the lounch! WTF?

Well, my source looks truthfull afterall. He said to expect the S4 at Tokyo 08!

Damienr8
August 28th, 2007, 17:42
Well, my source looks truthfull afterall. He said to expect the S4 at Tokyo 08!

So the S5 comes first, then the A5. Now the A4 comes first then the S4???

:nana: :nana: :nana: :confused:

Arslanoff
August 28th, 2007, 17:42
When Tokio 08 is?

Arslanoff
August 28th, 2007, 17:48
S4 in a year! I hate it if true! And other engines SUCK! The only choice for A4 is S-line 3.0 TDI

AudiSuperDriver
August 28th, 2007, 18:12
very very hot car...wow impressive

tvrfan
August 28th, 2007, 18:18
looks good, but No S4 sucks, audi wtf are you doing?
engines are sucky too! man i hate the fucking CVT transmission. DIE DIEEEE!! but now its on the new A4 too =(

are we seeing more pics tomorrow, anyone knows?

RXBG
August 28th, 2007, 18:37
in person this car will have major presence. seeing it in person, in my minds eye, it will look hot. the interior is spectacular. reason alone to buy one imo. i can see how the rear lights are superior to the A5's and how the S5 wil adopt the LED tech very soon. at night this car will be lit up like a sexy whore in texas. bottom line- reserve judgment till seen in person.

only other peer that competes in personality is the new c class sport which i do have to give credit because even in pics i think it has a lot of character.

sad for bmw. they need a new designer.

as an architectural piece the B8 is hot. my only beef is with the headlights. they look way too busy. they work better in the R8.

Damienr8
August 28th, 2007, 19:00
as an architectural piece the B8 is hot. my only beef is with the headlights. they look way too busy. they work better in the R8.

Yea seriously, those light should not have been in the A4. In fact, i would have rather see the headlight assembly and frame from the A5 in the A4 (I would personally like to see a completely different headlight design but oh well).

Still Not To Crazy about it.

Toto89
August 28th, 2007, 19:01
Hmm, not what i've expected. Not bad but i like either A5 and B7 A4 better, not to mention the sweet B6 (which really had a character).

Ruergard
August 28th, 2007, 19:04
Very nice in my opinion, but I'll wait with my final words until I see it live.

Iceman
August 28th, 2007, 19:15
Very nice in my opinion, but I'll wait with my final words until I see it live.
It's just a plane new Audi, nothing special IMHO.
And seeing it in the flesh will not change that.

Hans.

HKS786
August 28th, 2007, 19:19

Hans.

Well, I for one think that the current A4 doesnt look as good as it does in real life. It looks much better in real life...

Toto89
August 28th, 2007, 19:26
I think i found out why does it look so strange to me. The roof line is like in the B7, so not the coupé-like line as in the A5, but the body is far not as "dynamic" as in the A5.
I mean this roof line is ok for the b7's "crummy" body but with this sporty one it's strange.
Hope you understand what i mean:blush:

Iceman
August 28th, 2007, 19:31
I think i found out why does it look so strange to me. The roof line is like in the B7, so not the coupé-like line as in the A5, but the body is far not as "dynamic" as in the A5.
I mean this roof line is ok for the b7's "crummy" body but with this sporty one it's strange.
Hope you understand what i mean:blush:
Yes, i do.

Hans.

Ricoloco
August 28th, 2007, 19:59
Not sure if I like the new A4. The back looks like a BMW 3-series, the front has lost some of the "Audi-design" and the interior is a copy of the A5. And the A5 interior is not as good as the B7, maybe in layout but not when it comes to the quality-feeling. Way too plastic and fragile. :nono:

I´m not convinced at all, have to see it in real life. :eye:

HKS786
August 28th, 2007, 20:18
Not sure if I like the new A4. The back looks like a BMW 3-series, the front has lost some of the "Audi-design" and the interior is a copy of the A5. And the A5 interior is not as good as the B7, maybe in layout but not when it comes to the quality-feeling. Way too plastic and fragile. :nono:

I´m not convinced at all, have to see it in real life. :eye:

I think we all need to wait to see it in real life. Pictures dont do cars justice. Not even real life pics sometimes...

Ruergard
August 28th, 2007, 20:25

Hans.

Maybe not for you, but for me some cars might look like shit (this one doesn't) on pictures, and be whole other thing in real life. But that's just me, and I happen to like the "plane" Audis as well as the RS models. :)

HKS786
August 28th, 2007, 20:30
Maybe not for you, but for me some cars might look like shit (this one doesn't) on pictures, and be whole other thing in real life. But that's just me, and I happen to like the "plane" Audis as well as the RS models. :)

+1 totally agree

HKS786
August 28th, 2007, 20:33
Thinking about it now. Whatever this pic is, it looks identical to the new A4 lights:

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/6126/a4oq5uq2.jpg

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w239/J78628/22.jpg

Arslanoff
August 28th, 2007, 20:53
I like the rear side of the car and the interior, the front is also very nice, except may be LEDs, which I like A5 stile much more on the sedan car, for R8 they are great, but not for A4. I hate stupid engines and no S4 now in Sept.I waited for S4 for a year or so and I would not wait enother one, I am gonna buy something else in winter, may be 3.0 TDI S-line A4 or S5 or RS4 used one (which is good idea I think) or even Merc and in two or three years I would be glad to see the RS4, if one comes out, and think about it.

AudiSuperDriver
August 28th, 2007, 20:53
i like very much the new audi a4, for me, and not because i am a hige fan of audi but that is the truth...there is no ugly single frame audi from new generation....that's my statement..and audi will never dissapoint me!it looks for me that audi is reading my mind...LED lights, super high tech interior like in the A5 and very nice presentation of the car...i amazed, sorry if all of you aren't, but i am...

Ricoloco
August 28th, 2007, 21:17
The new A4 looks like a stretched A5.... is that really what Audi aimed for? :boring:
The back and the interior is exactly the same! Hopefully I´ll like it in the long run...

roadrunner
August 29th, 2007, 07:38
Found 1st A4 s-line exteriour pics on fourtitude.com

http://www.fourtitude.com/gallery/albums//Audi/A4-S4-RS4%20(B5,%20B6,%20B7%20and%20B8)/A4%20Sedan%20(B8)/Exterior%20-%20EU/003.jpg

Some more here: http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12906

Greetings
seb.

crespo
August 30th, 2007, 18:03
Ugly? I think it's amazing. The proportions alone make this a much better looking car than the B6/B7

Arslanoff
September 4th, 2007, 12:01
Audi A4 Evolution
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/32/Audi_80_b1_v_sst.jpg/800px-Audi_80_b1_v_sst.jpg

http://www.centrum.audi80.pl/images/zoom/RTTYCB/80b4_001.jpg

http://www.fourtitude.com/gallery/albums//Audi/80-90-s2-rs2%20%28b3%20and%20b4%29/90Sedan%20%281993-1994%29/90-%20USA/003.jpg

http://www.fourtitude.com/gallery/albums//Audi/A4-S4-RS4%20%28B5,%20B6,%20B7%20and%20B8%29/A4%20Sedan%20%28B5%29/Exterior%20-%20EU/007.jpg

http://www.fourtitude.com/gallery/albums//Audi/A4-S4-RS4%20%28B5,%20B6,%20B7%20and%20B8%29/A4%20Sedan%20%28B6%29/2.0%20FSI/014.jpg

http://www.fourtitude.com/gallery/albums//Audi/A4-S4-RS4%20%28B5,%20B6,%20B7%20and%20B8%29/A4%20Sedan%20%28B7%29/2.0T/002.jpg

http://www.motorauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/Audi/A4/B8/2/Audi_A4_MOTORAUTHORITY008.jpg

I like the latest one much more!

AUDItor
September 4th, 2007, 12:06
You have forgotten b3....

Arslanoff
September 4th, 2007, 13:18
You have forgotten b3....
Is it correct now or not?

AUDItor
September 4th, 2007, 15:52
There is no it not B3 but also it too is necessary))

AUDItor
September 4th, 2007, 16:14
http://avtodiagnostika.ru/content/cars/audi/80-sedan-90-frontside.jpg

AUDItor
September 4th, 2007, 16:19
I meen this...

AUDItor
September 4th, 2007, 16:20
http://fo-ma.ru/0/98/98/09898/43.jpg

and b? now line is ful. ya?

Arslanoff
September 4th, 2007, 17:05
Nizhniy Novgorod - 53 - cool

AUDItor
September 4th, 2007, 18:25
Certainly!

RussianM3_dude
September 5th, 2007, 13:31
Audis are perfect for Russia where there is a ton of snow and so much traffic, you go nowhere fast and a good interior is much more important then steering feel or balance.

Arslanoff
September 5th, 2007, 13:36
Dude, when you was last in Russia? How long are you in Switzerland?

AUDItor
September 5th, 2007, 17:01
Yes, very interestingly!

Toto89
September 5th, 2007, 19:29
This summary about A4 generation brings me back very good memories...:) I owned four cars from this list and now I'm quite dissapointed with having a Jaguar:nana:

HKS786
September 5th, 2007, 21:10
This summary about A4 generation brings me back very good memories...:) I owned four cars from this list and now I'm quite dissapointed with having a Jaguar:nana:

unlucky about the jag, what do you think of the XF?

Toto89
September 6th, 2007, 18:58
unlucky about the jag, what do you think of the XF?

I think that XF is essentially a Ford Mondeo. I thought my X-type is also based on Mondeo, but previous generation. In the Ford service (yes, i take it to the Ford to have a service) said that it's based on an american type of Ford. Instead of i needed to order parts from the USA (i think), i found the things a bit cheaper comparing to Audi parts.

Arslanoff
September 7th, 2007, 19:40
New video from What Car? You can see the backseats here. And it is S-line!!!!! So I hope we see the S-line soon!!! Look at the rear bumper and steerling wheel!!! LOL
<object height="350" width="425">
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1_xoAKCmJ9g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="350" width="425"> </object>

Arslanoff
September 8th, 2007, 00:02
Audi A4 S-line seats
http://microsites.audiusa.com/AudiA4/media/downloads/audi_wall_1280x1024_02.jpg

Arslanoff
September 11th, 2007, 12:00
IAA A4
http://images.motortrend.com/auto_shows/coverage/frankfurt/112_frankfurt_motor_show_01z+2009_audi_a4+front_vi ew.jpg

http://images.motortrend.com/auto_shows/coverage/frankfurt/112_frankfurt_motor_show_02z+2009_audi_a4+front_th ree_quarter_view.jpg

http://images.motortrend.com/auto_shows/coverage/frankfurt/112_frankfurt_motor_show_03z+2009_audi_a4+side_vie w.jpg

http://images.motortrend.com/auto_shows/coverage/frankfurt/112_frankfurt_motor_show_05z+2009_audi_a4+rear_vie w.jpg

http://images.motortrend.com/auto_shows/coverage/frankfurt/112_frankfurt_motor_show_06z+2009_audi_a4+rear_thr ee_quarter_view.jpg

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rCmGD9GYg1U"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rCmGD9GYg1U" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425"

Love it!! And my favorite rims are on!

JavierNuvolari
September 11th, 2007, 16:19
OK, I oficially like the front end...the rear...wel perhaps it looks a lot better in person.