PDA

View Full Version : THE one thing i hate on the Quattro GMBH!

tvrfan
August 15th, 2007, 20:08
which disturbs me at the Quattro GmbH of RS of models is that they can develop only 1 model and at the same time I do not want 2 or 3 models mine, I an AUDI RS3 or TT RS as well as RS8 to see I has recently times read that AUDI for everyone model-lines up where it a S model gives, or for everyone R-S model-lines model up will build. Me excites that, at the m-GmbH and with AMG can several models are at the same time built also up to respective modelreihenende are built. It also excites me that the RS4 production was stopped because of the coming RS6, thus to have it prevented again many sales of the RS4s see to RS4, its production one adjusted me would be it rather been that it up to end the B7 A4 modelreihe would have become built. Does AUDI earn at all much at R-S models? because not much built and they will become also not for a long time built!!! Will it be possible the fact that in the future at the Quattro GmbH several RS of models can be built at the same time and also up to model-line up-ends models existing to remain?

itisme
August 15th, 2007, 20:26
can you type here your original german text? i'll give it a try to translate it myself.. i can hardly understand what you've written....

to answer your last question, i heard that quattro is goining to build a new production hall to be able to build more units in the future.

(Soweit ich weiß wird die Quattro GmbH expandieren um die Produktionskapazitäten zu steigern und damit mehr Modelle gleichzeitig auf den Markt zu bringen)

mfg

tvrfan
August 15th, 2007, 20:50
klar kann ich :jlol:

was mich an der Quattro GMBH der RS modelle stört ist, dass sie nur 1 model entwickeln können und nicht 2 oder 3 modelle gleichzeitig. ich mein, ich will einen Audi RS3 oder TT RS sowie RS8 sehen. ich habe vor kurzem mal gelesen, dass audi für jede modellreihe wo es ein S modell gibt, oder für jede modellreihe ein RS modell bauen wird. Mich regt dass auf, bei der M-Gmbh und bei AMG können mehrere modelle gleichzeitig gebaut werden die auch bis zum jeweiligen modelreihenende gebaut werden. Mich regt es auch auf, dass die RS4 produktion gestoppt wurde wegen dem kommenden RS6, dadurch haben sie nochmal viele verkäufe des RS4s verhindert. siehe RS4, dessen produktion eingestellt wurde. mir wäre es lieber gewesen, dass er bis zum ende der B7 A4 modelreihe gebaut geworden wäre. Verdient Audi überhaupt viel an den RS modellen? weil es werden ja nicht viel gebaut und sie werden auch nicht lange gebaut!!! Wird es möglich sein, dass in der zukunft bei der Quattro GMBH mehrere RS modelle gleichzeitig gebaut werden können und auch bis zum modellreihenende des models bestehen bleiben?

Leadfoot
August 15th, 2007, 20:55
I can only give my own opinion as to why Quattro GmbH makes just one model at a time. Here goes. :brag:

Both BMW and Mercedes through their respective motorsport divisions have been making these cars for many more years than Audi have. First BMW had the E30 M3 then the M5 and so on and so on, as each differing model ventured in to motorsport, likewise with Mercedes, though this was done by the then independent AMG until Mercedes made them an offer they just couldn't refuse.

Look at Audi and you will see a motorsport history which in a way has started and stopped through the years, moving from rallying then a gap to touring car racing and now Le Mans series. Both BMW and AMG seen the sales potential in models which looked to match that what was on the race track, but Audi on the other hand only produced the original Quattro to meet the requirements to go rallying, never seeing the bigger picture. Whether this was a fault of VW ownership, who knows but only in recent years have Audi dipped it's toe in to this very lucrative market, firstly with the RS2 in small numbers, then the original RS4 and only after this model which sold out in every market very quickly indeed did they finally sit up and say to themselves 'hey these things can really sell'. After this point saloons where finally introduced and now open tops, but still only in one model at a time.

Things are a changing but because of the way VAG is run and with the recent turmoil of share-hold buying Quattro GmbH has been slow to get the money and go ahead to expand and give them the space to build more models. It is coming and I reckon we will see an overlap when the RS5 enters production before the end of the RS6.

Well that is what I hope will happen. :looking:

RS4B7
August 15th, 2007, 20:56
But at this time the a working at least on more than 1 new RS model . RS5 , RS6 and the R8 with 10 zyl. and Q7 12 zyl.

tvrfan
August 15th, 2007, 21:07
RS5 isnt confirmed, Q7 V12 TDI is from audi (not quattro gmbh) and the R8 is from audi too. just the RS6 on this time.

Leadfoot
August 15th, 2007, 21:16
RS5 isnt confirmed, Q7 V12 TDI is from audi (not quattro gmbh) and the R8 is from audi too. just the RS6 on this time.

RS4B7 is correct in saying that Quattro did the development on all of the above cars, whether or not they themselves are the ones building them.

I know the RS5 isn't confirmed but in the same way the RS6 isn't going to produce 580ps, it too isn't confirmed but all know it's true. ;) The RS5 is coming and in 2009, the only question is how long the RS6 will be in production and will the two overlap.

RS4B7
August 15th, 2007, 21:21
Just go on the Nürburruing the next two weeks and you will see the first prototypes of the RS5 and the final ( close) version of the RS 6 .But the R8 its a Product of Quattro GMBH .

tvrfan
August 15th, 2007, 21:25
hmm what do you think, are the RS models selling good in comparison with the AMG and M models? and will be there S and RS models forever in the audi future? i hope so !!! i think they are much better than the M and AMG models, but i also hope they can produce more models in future at the same time and much longer, long as the regular model line ends!!! ( not like B7 RS4 :nana: ) man i would love to see and RS3 and TT RS in future also RS7 and RS9 :bigeyes: what do you think?

itisme
August 15th, 2007, 22:00
Ich glaube es ist nicht mehr nötig deinen text nochmal zu übersetzen.. wurde ja soweit ganz gut verstanden...

I'm exactly the same opinion as leadfoot..

BMW started their M products much earlier as Audi did and are now one step further then audi. AMG has a long history. I think there is no explanation necessary why AMG is able to produce a large amount of cars.

Audi didn't have anything similar to AMG and the M models from BMW now a days have real good name and got lots of respekt. Audi had to build up this respekt for their RS models first and can now expand.

Give Audi some more time and you'll see more RS models ranges at the same time..

Benman
August 16th, 2007, 00:20
Sorry to go OT, but WELCOME BACK itisme!

My goodness, it was @ June 05' and nothing... and now BAM, you're back. Nice to have you around again.:cheers:

Now if we could just get Nord to show up again...

Ben:addict:

itisme
August 16th, 2007, 11:06
Sorry to go OT, but WELCOME BACK itisme!

My goodness, it was @ June 05' and nothing... and now BAM, you're back. Nice to have you around again.:cheers:

Now if we could just get Nord to show up again...

Thx Ben...

a lot has changed.. I'm studing at the moment mechanical ingeneering in Ingolstadt and going to work at Audi during my semster vactions...

I found an old massage in my privat massages.. had to laugh a bit about it...

nice to meet you again, honestly

greets me

/e: sry, for OT, too

Benman
August 16th, 2007, 21:25
I found an old massage in my privat massages.. had to laugh a bit about it...

nice to meet you again, honestly

greets me

/e: sry, for OT, too

Haha... I know exactly what PM you're talking about...:D

Glad to hear about the engineering course! Welcome back.:cheers:

We now return to our regular broadcast...

Sorry for the interuption.:hihi:

Toto89
August 17th, 2007, 12:06
Personaly, i quite like that RS models are so rare...Just think about it: BMW has sold ~100.000 of the last M3s and wants to sell 100.000 of the new M3 as well. Audi has built less than 5000 B5 RS4s and -if i know well- not much more than 5000 B7 RS4s. I think this makes RS models much more exclusive.
Audi could solve tvrfan's problem in an other way as well, as i said a few months ago.
How: We don't need necessary more RS cars, but we need more powerful S cars. In this way we could keep RS cars exclusivity and have cars (S) which can touch Ms and AMGs in every segment from A3 to A8. I hope new S4 will be like this. With a 3.2 Biturbo and ~400hp it can easily touch the others.

Sorry for my bad English, i hope you understand what i mean.:rolleyes:

florin08
August 17th, 2007, 12:24
Both BMW and AMG seen the sales potential in models which looked to match that what was on the race track, but Audi on the other hand only produced the original Quattro to meet the requirements to go rallying, never seeing the bigger picture.

There were only 214 Audi Sport Quattro produced and only 175 were sold. The engine had 306 HP , but interestingly, Group B rallying rules stipulated at the time that manufacturers could not change the production exhaust system, so when Audi set about designing the Sport quattro, the manifold was designed with the 450-hp of the competition car. Hell of a car :cheers: