PDA

View Full Version : Gallardo Superleggera does the Ring in 7:46

f1esp
August 15th, 2007, 10:33
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/supercars/gallardo-superleggera-does-the-%e2%80%98ring-in-746/

Ruergard
August 15th, 2007, 13:34
Impressive.. but still. No match for a GT2! :revs:

Leadfoot
August 15th, 2007, 16:16
Impressive.. but still. No match for a GT2! :revs:

Yeah, but it's time is offical, the time of the GT2 isn't. :brag:

Now when you compare what EVO got both the Superleggera and the R8 to do around the Bedford Autodome it must be the very long straight sections of the ring that is losing the R8 soooo much time.

Here's hoping that the R8v10 address the matter and posts a time closer to the true potential of the chassis.

7:53 RS6
August 15th, 2007, 18:54
Just a pointer, this is not the same as HvS Sport Auto test, in the end its more fun to see HvS lap, as then its relevant to all other Sport Auto laps.

And whats about the ring is 22.8km like the link said? The ring is 20.8km and Sport auto lap on the ring is 20.6km

Frank Stippler drove the R8 on 7.50min a full 20.8 km lap, still HvS 8.04min lap in the same car is of more intresst to us all i think regarding he drive all cars.

http://www.sportauto-online.de/aktuell_U_sport/tuning_-_zubehoer/hxcms_article_%20%20502725_14653.hbs

Ruergard
August 15th, 2007, 20:58
Yeah, but it's time is offical, the time of the GT2 isn't. :brag:

Now when you compare what EVO got both the Superleggera and the R8 to do around the Bedford Autodome it must be the very long straight sections of the ring that is losing the R8 soooo much time.

Here's hoping that the R8v10 address the matter and posts a time closer to the true potential of the chassis.

True, but what the heck.. even the old 996 GT2 did 7:46 when Sportauto drove it. Not even the manufacters own testdriver so... :harass:

Agree about the R8, it's on the straigths the R8 looses a lot of time. We need more power! :mech:

Leadfoot
August 15th, 2007, 21:04
7:53RS6,

This time of 8:04 for the R8 is so out of character with all other reviews and lap times by other magazines on other track that there had to be something wrong, either with the track conditions on the day or the car itself. A lot of reports have got the R8 to almost but not quite match the lap times of the Superleggera and in some they have found the R8 quicker than a GT3 which has also lapped the ring much quicker than the 8:04 given for the R8.

I know I keep going on about this but there must have been something a miss that day.

maybachgt
August 19th, 2007, 04:07
I have a question about "ring times. It seems there are too many factors in an 8 minute lap to have it be the standard of car performance. When the "official" times are given is that on an empty track with no traffic and perfect weather. It just seems to me that a car doing a 8:00 and one doing a 8:07 could very well switch their times depending on conditions.

Leadfoot
August 19th, 2007, 09:21
I have a question about "ring times. It seems there are too many factors in an 8 minute lap to have it be the standard of car performance. When the "official" times are given is that on an empty track with no traffic and perfect weather. It just seems to me that a car doing a 8:00 and one doing a 8:07 could very well switch their times depending on conditions.

Conditions affect a lap something serious, but chances are both Manufacturers and Sport Auto do their times on occasions when only professional drivers are on the track, like test days for manufacturers and such.

The best reviews I ever read was either Autocar or EVO (can't remember which) went to the ring with a collection of supercars to see which was the quickest around the ring, it was all done on the same day and with a selection of skilled drivers, one was Dick the guy who did the first sub-eight minute lap for a production car (Skyline GTR), so the quality of drivers was very high. Reviews like this is the only way the truly see which is the quickest around the ring, all attacking the track at the same time, in the same weather conditions.

I only wished I could remember which cars were involved and which was the quickest, man getting old is bloody awful.:doh:

Z07
August 19th, 2007, 17:13
I'd fancy my chances posting a decent time myself in the Superleggera. In the GT2, I'd fancy my chances putting it through some trees sideways. Is this a more valid point for a road car?

maybachgt
August 19th, 2007, 21:04
I'd fancy my chances posting a decent time myself in the Superleggera. In the GT2, I'd fancy my chances putting it through some trees sideways. Is this a more valid point for a road car?

I totally agree. Especially on a daunting track like the ring I'd much rather have a "slower" car with AWD that is easier to controll than a turbo charged RWD monster like the GT2.