PDA

View Full Version : going from B7 RS4 to B8 S4?

stinsy
August 14th, 2007, 18:29
Anyone think that would be a big disappointment? When I went from B6 S4 to the RS4, it wasn't SHOCKINGLY different. I figure the S5's 350 hp engine plus new suspension should make it close to a push. My lease up in two years, so it's a sign of my obsession that I'm even thinking about it. But I don't think the wife's going for another 3 yrs of 1400 car payments. Thoughts?

AuditudeA642
August 14th, 2007, 20:57
The RS4 will still be alot quicker than the New S4. The same way the B5 RS4 was still alot quicker than the B7 S4. Dissapointment in my opinion. An upgrade from the RS4 is one and only one car, the New RS6.

Leadfoot
August 14th, 2007, 21:03
Anyone think that would be a big disappointment? When I went from B6 S4 to the RS4, it wasn't SHOCKINGLY different. I figure the S5's 350 hp engine plus new suspension should make it close to a push.

I understand what you are saying, after testing the S5 there is no doubt that it's performance and handling doesn't feel a million miles away from the present RS4, like in realistic terms a one second difference to 100mph isn't something you will notice unless you happen to be racing a RS4 at the time and see it's a couple of lengths ahead of you at the time. As for the handling the S5 is the match on grip and cornering speed but the real difference is the feel through the steering wheel, the RS4 is better.

When the S4 comes out with it's rumoured v6 Bi-turbo engine I reckon the performance though again not quite as good but close enough and with a few cheap tweaks I think it wouldn't be far away. Hey £10~12K in your pocket would be something to make the wife smile about.

stinsy
August 14th, 2007, 21:47
Yes the steering feel was the most obvious difference between my S4 and my RS4. BIG difference.

AndyBG
August 14th, 2007, 22:39
I think that switch from B7 RS 4 to B8 S4 isn't going to be that hursh.

350 hps isn't small power, and new B8 is very nice driving car.

stinsy
August 14th, 2007, 22:42
Back to leadfoot's comment, I haven't read about a bi turbo. Why wouldn't they use the S5 engine? What's guess on HP?