PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Tires

maybachgt
August 9th, 2007, 20:35
Ive almost worn out my stock Continental tires now and with my Stasis Ohlins suspension and sway bars, they don't offer near the level of grip required for spirited driving and especially track days. Living in California wet conditions happen about 7 times a year so I would be looking at some extreme performance tires. I was wondering what experiences people had and if you had any suggestions. I am currently debating between Michelen PS2's as a street tire or Michelen Pilot sport Cups for even higher performance. any input would be greatly welcomed. Thanks:rs4addict

masa^^
August 9th, 2007, 22:09
Michelin PS2 is good all-around tire, when cup is great at dry track and ok on road. They are very slippery when wet, but that shouldnīt be problem at California;)
The problem with cups is that they wore out very fast. I would recommend 2 sets of wheels. One set with PS2īs for daily driving and other with cupīs for track use.

maybachgt
August 10th, 2007, 00:19
I was thinking of the same thing, 2 sets of wheels. Too bad there isn't any wheel nicer than stock.

Audihead
August 10th, 2007, 01:15
Check out this thread: http://rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12666

MrBucket
August 10th, 2007, 03:34
Check out this thread: http://rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12666

I love those tires.

piero
August 10th, 2007, 07:55
I had continental....i've just put Michelin PS2, and i really prefer.

Had them on my ex M3, and it's a really good compromize between perfomances, comfort and time.

MR USER
August 11th, 2007, 17:06
Ths Thread Comes At The Right Time! I Have 44k On The Clock And Will Put My Third Set On Tuesday... I Decided To Go For 275 30 R19 I Will See What They Propose In Terms Of Brands...

MrBucket
August 11th, 2007, 17:08
Ths Thread Comes At The Right Time! I Have 44k On The Clock And Will Put My Third Set On Tuesday... I Decided To Go For 275 30 R19 I Will See What They Propose In Terms Of Brands...

Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R if you dont mind a very soft tire. Probably the best tire you can get that isn't an r compound. Just be aware they are hard to mount but it can be done.

Fab
August 14th, 2007, 19:30
I Decided To Go For 275 30 R19 I Will See What They Propose In Terms Of Brands...
275 30 serious stuff Mr. :thumb:
What's up it's been a while... are you around Geneva these days ?

Ciao

Fab

Webbah
August 20th, 2007, 13:03
I'd like to see those as well Mr User! Me you and Fab need to take a drive soon again. Once the rain stops and you get new meat on the wheels perhaps?

MR USER
August 20th, 2007, 15:18
Once the rain stops and you get new meat on the wheels perhaps?

Why do you want to get rid of all the fun... ESP off and wet conditions are perfect to test your sideways driving skills!!!!

Today my baby is at the dealer... for regular check and oil change... we might want to organise a nice drive aroung Grand st. Bernanrd and return... I've recently driven the col du g. St. Bernard and finished the last bit of rubber I had... that was fun....

Or whay don't we have a go to the green hell?

RI_RS4
August 22nd, 2007, 22:47
Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R if you dont mind a very soft tire. Probably the best tire you can get that isn't an r compound. Just be aware they are hard to mount but it can be done.

The Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R 275/30 ZR19 is an awesome tire. I just had them installed and I can confirm. Grip is amazing for a street tire, and the cost ain't bad either. It took several hours for my dealer to mount them. (I'm sure they will do better next time with more practice! :)) I'm taking them out to Watkins Glen in a few days, and am looking forward to it.

Benman
August 22nd, 2007, 22:55
Michelin PS2 is good all-around tire.

I've heard nothing but good things about the PS2s... and the Contis 3 would be worth a look. Just my $.02.

Ben:addict:

wild-rs4-man2
August 23rd, 2007, 12:43
I have tried the continental , etc etc and the only one that workded well for me was the P-zeros,,, ultra ultra grip , " long" lasting ( 25000 km ) quite !!