Hawk
August 8th, 2007, 10:26
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4xe48RC924

Myrtlebeach
August 8th, 2007, 10:51
HEAR HEAR.. Yet another proof to shut some people's mouth

Leadfoot
August 8th, 2007, 11:41
I think in similar conditions the result would be the same between the RS4 and the new M3. But if the surface and weather was hotter I wouldn't like to bet on the outcome.

BigRick
August 8th, 2007, 12:44
It's when you take the time to look at how hard it seems to be to keep the M3 in race line (throttle handling + many strearing correction) that you start to understand how good the RS4 is. The driver turn the wheel the the car goes in the right direction, simple enough!

Maybe having a constant batlle against the car is more fun for some people... it's just not for me :rs4kiss:

So, the "nose heavy pig" carved over two seconds in less then two laps! :applause: man I like nose heavy cars :lovl:

Leadfoot
August 8th, 2007, 13:18
It's when you take the time to look at how hard it seems to be to keep the M3 in race line (throttle handling + many strearing correction) that you start to understand how good the RS4 is. The driver turn the wheel the the car goes in the right direction, simple enough!

Maybe having a constant batlle against the car is more fun for some people... it's just not for me :rs4kiss:

So, the "nose heavy pig" carved over two seconds in less then two laps! :applause: man I like nose heavy cars :lovl:

BigRick,

I think you have hit the nail on the head, I reckon the people who prefer to fight for control of the car feel they are having more fun in the process. Each to their own I say.

The term 'nose heavy pig' is only used by those unfamiliar with how to drive these cars and can't make them perform the way they would like. But from this video, driven I might add by professionals that the RS4 quite clearly has the ability to out corner the (to use another term) 'Ultimate Driving Machine'. :applause:

Leadfoot
August 8th, 2007, 17:00
RS4 Cab vs M3CSL drag race.

I wonder which will win. ;)

RS4vsM3CSL (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnOEuFABnK0&mode=related&search)

BigRick
August 8th, 2007, 17:32

Hard to tell who won. 1st & 2nd gears are both clear but then the CSL kicks in. Any one knows for sure who won?

Whatever the outcome... that's a Convertible RS4 (the heaviest of all 3 models) so even if the CSL got in front at the end that's no big win.

Leadfoot
August 8th, 2007, 20:59
I think it was still the RS4 as it's display board showed the results first but I don't know if that means anything.

Rutkowsky
August 9th, 2007, 15:53
so it's CSL vs RS4 back on then.. i say CSL would be quicker unless it's snowing :boring:

Leadfoot
August 9th, 2007, 17:05
so it's CSL vs RS4 back on then.. i say CSL would be quicker unless it's snowing :boring:

It was not my intention to dig this old battle and argument back up again, only to highlight that another video had been found against this two great cars.

As I already stated, I don't know which one won the race. If you say it's the CSL then I bow to your better judgement. :bow:

Rutkowsky
August 9th, 2007, 20:17
no Leadie, please, i don't mean to start anything and am not a troll either, from that video one can not see the outcome, however looks like CSL had a worse reaction time by a lot! and then it caught up with RS4. It's been proven that CSL is quicker in a straight line, lateral acceleration is 1.47 G? i am not to sure though, i'll check. I'll skip the advantages of 4WD, we all know by now and i used to own RS6 before my current M3
I wish i could afford to own RS4 or 6 & CSL, what a combo that would be.. :)

Leadfoot
August 9th, 2007, 21:32
Rutkowsky,

I wouldn't disagree with your opinion that the CSL got a bloody awful start at the Christmas tree, but to say that it caught the RS4 is something I couldn't say or agree with after re-watching the video. The fact that both are in the distance makes judging who is in front or even level with each other impossible.

I have never been to a drag strip and don't know if when the display board shows the time/speed that it's the first to cross the line or the quickest. If it's first then you may be right because the CSL did get a bad start but as camera didn't zoom in on the display boards we will never know for sure.

Hawk
August 10th, 2007, 18:06

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW4yuOu7BkM&mode=related&search=
:harass: ;)

Leadfoot
August 11th, 2007, 11:08
Hawk,

I wouldn't say that with old news, but .......... :doh:

It's one of those videos best forgot about because it caused such a heated argument that several members got axed or left because of it.

Glad to say we have moved on from this and are older and wiser because of it. :cheers:

Audi and BWM = :dig: and :noshake: together. :thumb:

BigRick
August 11th, 2007, 14:51
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW4yuOu7BkM&mode=related&search=
:harass: ;)

As Leadfoot's saying that's an old one that caused major arguments. The only good thing is that we can clearly see the difference between a rolling start and a still start. It shows why BMW drivers like to challenge Audis over a rolling start and why we think a real race is from stand still :)

BTW I never went to any drag event that uses rolling start... maybe that's an indicator of how much a rolling start is inaccurate in judging a car performance.

It's only "recently" that we've seen these kind of starts and guess what, they're mostly posted by people with RWD cars. Now that they can no longer win with a standard race they've come up with some way of removing quattro's advantage... but we all know by now that this advantage has been quoted "unfair" for quite a bit of time. So it's normal that other brand lovers try to overcome it anyway they can.

Having to change the rules to win says much about who's the best :rs4kiss: at least in stand still starts.