PDA

View Full Version : New info on RS6

Leadfoot
August 6th, 2007, 14:50
Hi guys,

Hear some new info about the new RS6, it is to receive LED lights and indicators in the wing mirrors, but the most interesting thing is about the chassis. Everyone has been wondering how the RS6 is going to improve the, as some would say "dull handling" of the S6, well the answer is in the form of a unique chassis design solely for the RS6 which according to sources will be as much as leap forward in chassis design for Audi as the old S1 was.

That's as much as I can say at present but when allowed more info will follow.

All will be revealed very soon.

AudiRS6JD
August 6th, 2007, 15:00
I wonder what rims Audi will put on the RS6...will be interesting to see.

iconcls
August 6th, 2007, 15:05
LOL, Lead drops this bomb:

a unique chassis design solely for the RS6 which according to sources will be as much as leap forward in chassis design for Audi as the old S1 was.

and YOU query about:

I wonder what rims Audi will put on the RS6

artur777
August 6th, 2007, 15:08
Leadfoot,

could you provide us with some more information?
We are really that much hungry for the news about RS6.
It's so long for IAA at Frankfurt...

Leadfoot
August 6th, 2007, 15:09
I think from the previous posts and pictures already shown that the RS6 will be running 20" alloys as standard.

We hopefully have more info to reveal soon.

Leadfoot
August 6th, 2007, 15:15
Leadfoot,

could you provide us with some more information?
We are really that much hungry for the news about RS6.
It's so long for IAA at Frankfurt...

Sorry mate, but info is in short supple and as I get it so will you. But you have to remember an info coming out of Quattro GmbH is classified and we really shouldn't be hearing anything at all before launch.

I hope to hear a little bit more before Frankfurt, but like I said there has to be some details left for Frankfurt as it's not just the RS6 that will be making a big splash on the day and Audi are hoping to make the biggest of all.

I wonder when Torque Vectoring is going to be introduced for the first time. :vhmmm:

artur777
August 6th, 2007, 15:24
Leadfoot,

Torque Vectoring is a great system indeed.
But it seems to me that it won't be introduced on new RS6.

Only next RS5 and other MLP cars will get it.
So we should wait for it for another year or two.

I wonder if 2008 RS6 will be a facelifted A6 or not?
If not - we wil get a facelifted A6 / RS6 for 2009 and hopefully RS6+ for 2009 MY.

Leadfoot
August 6th, 2007, 15:35
I wonder if 2008 RS6 will be a facelifted A6 or not?

I have ask this very same question, hope to have an answer soon. :thumb:

Damienr8
August 6th, 2007, 15:42
The Rs6 can benefit from a minor facelift.

Ruergard
August 6th, 2007, 16:10
Hi guys,

Hear some new info about the new RS6, it is to receive LED lights and indicators in the wing mirrors, but the most interesting thing is about the chassis. Everyone has been wondering how the RS6 is going to improve the, as some would say "dull handling" of the S6, well the answer is in the form of a unique chassis design solely for the RS6 which according to sources will be as much as leap forward in chassis design for Audi as the old S1 was.

Now you got us really interested! :applause:

Just can't wait..

AudiRS6JD
August 6th, 2007, 16:17
LOL, Lead drops this bomb:

and YOU query about:

Not to be rude, but your point being?

Leadfoot
August 6th, 2007, 16:41
Not to be rude, but your point being?

I don't think he was trying to be clever, I think what he was trying to say was with all the infomation I was revealed to asking about the alloys seemed to be missing to point.

AudiRS6JD
August 6th, 2007, 16:44
Leadfoot, I understand...I was mocking him. My initial post was just a pondering statement of course. I can't wait to see the car unveiled at Frankfurt...hopefully! :addict:

AudiSuperDriver
August 6th, 2007, 17:05
great news, love to hear that!

xfifty
August 6th, 2007, 19:00
I wonder when Torque Vectoring is going to be introduced for the first time. :vhmmm:

Is this like an answer within a question ? :jlol:

skiwi
August 6th, 2007, 19:50
i hope that that is the answer. and why not? it requires a new rear diff setup and a new software solution. torsen can stay as can the front. it would seem to me, a shade tree mechanic quite do-able...

still hope those wheel arches get blistered.

Damienr8
August 6th, 2007, 20:04
i hope that that is the answer. and why not? it requires a new rear diff setup and a new software solution. torsen can stay as can the front. it would seem to me, a shade tree mechanic quite do-able...

still hope those wheel arches get blistered.

Skiwi / Dave, can I have your old RS6 when the new one comes out :jlol:

RXBG
August 6th, 2007, 20:24
no reason the new quattro can't be put into the updated C6 chassis, is there? the lights in the mirrors hint implies a facelift, of course. and i am sure the car will be mostly aluminum (maybe even composite) in the front. there you have it.

i don't expect a huge chassis development in the updated A6/RS6 line apart from lighter components, to be honest. audi may present it as something bigger than it is but that is about it. this doesn't take away from the fact that this RS6 will kick serious, serious, serious a$$.

AudiSuperDriver
August 6th, 2007, 20:58
new RS6 will be a monster, less weight than the S6 , rear bias quattro and new differential, very quick transmission, i heard 80ms to changes, 580HP and at least 650NM of torque so...i think like this...
1850kg
580HP
680NM
0-62: 4.4s(official) unofficial to be 4s
unlimited 315km/h

Leadfoot
August 6th, 2007, 22:45
AudiSuperDriver,

There are times when I do believe you talk a lot of sense. But sadly these are few and far between.

Aronis
August 7th, 2007, 02:00
It's going to be a great car!

Mike

RXBG
August 7th, 2007, 02:04
leadfoot. i assume you mean that this is one of those times where he does make sense. but lets be nice eh ;)

Leadfoot
August 7th, 2007, 12:16
RXBG,

I reckon that at times AudiSuperDriver is getting some info correct but at other times he goes off on one and you just know it's plain nonsense he's talking.

But this time I will only say that some of what he is saying is correct. ;)

Lateknight
August 7th, 2007, 23:32
Hi guys,

Tut Tut.

Has your local dealer been telling you something he shouldn't ? - slap on wrist -:nono:

Good to see your not saying too much. :thumb:

Interseting analogy in reference to the S1 though.

Leadfoot
August 8th, 2007, 08:23
Tut Tut.

Has your local dealer been telling you something he shouldn't ? - slap on wrist -:nono:

Good to see your not saying too much. :thumb:

Interseting analogy in reference to the S1 though.

Lateknight,

As you well know dealer in a lot of cases are the last to be informed of anything. :p

And you at right, say to much and it spoils the surprise. ;)

itisme
August 8th, 2007, 11:59
German Press says:

"Eine ganz andere Kundschaft will der RS6 glücklich machen. Auf der IAA in Frankfurt schickt ihn Audi noch in den alten Kleidern auf den Laufsteg. Im stärksten Serien-Audi aller Zeiten kommt mit dem V10 Bi-Turbo ein absolutes Über-Aggregat zum Einsatz. Der Fünfliter-FSI-Motor, der mit einer Sechsstufen Wandler-Automatik gemeinsame Sache macht, leistet 580PS.
Dagegen sind sowohl der V10 aus dem M5, als auch der hochdrehende V8 aus dem E63 AMG chancenlos. Das maximale Drehmoment der italo-bayrischen Koproduktion liegt bei 650Nm."

short in englisch:

On IAA in Frankfurt Audi presents the new RS6 in the current A6 Design (not jet in facelift trim). The RS6 is powered by a 5.0 V10 Bi-Turbo FSI with 580HP and 650 Nm and a 6 gear automatic.

M5 and E63 AMG have no chance against RS6....

:addict: :rs6kiss: :addict:

artur777
August 8th, 2007, 12:13
last A6 model isin the market since 2004.
So it's time to make a facelifting, because in 2011 it will be a time for a new A6.
Very bad if RS6 would be presented without facelift.
It could lower its sales volumes a little because people will wait for a facelifted model.

itisme
August 8th, 2007, 12:18
the A6 facelift will outcome in 2008.. so i gess the RS6 will have the facelift at its final... everything else would be without any sense...

Leadfoot
August 8th, 2007, 12:24
I think the RS6 will with the addtion I have already stated above will look close to that of the face-lift models. You have to remember that on all RS models there is a lot of it's panels that are one-offs solely fitted to that model, so I reckon anything that is going to be different outside of these panels the RS6 will get.

I like everyone here am looking forward to seeing it for the first. And like the German press says 'M5 and E63 AMG have no chance against RS6....' :hihi:

skiwi
August 8th, 2007, 19:51
You have to remember that on all RS models there is a lot of it's panels that are one-offs solely fitted to that model, so I reckon anything that is going to be different outside of these panels the RS6 will get.

like the squared-off blistered arches n'est pas???

f1esp
August 29th, 2007, 18:50
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/08/29/shhhh-audi-rs6-may-produce-more-than-600-hp/

:addict:

Leadfoot
August 29th, 2007, 21:33
This has already been reported else where.

Randery
August 30th, 2007, 16:30
:wo:Woooooohoooooo. I met the new beast today:wo:

Step for step. First i want to say hello to all members of this great forum. :bye:

Now to my story. I´m living near Ingolstadt and so i see nearly every day Audi-prototypes on open road. But today i saw the beast.

I was driving home from work and in a little village i saw a "A6 with some changed parts". It took a second and i recognized that it is the new RS6. :race:

It stood in a crossing street and in the mirrow i saw that he turned behind me. The next two kilometers he drove behind me because of the
oncoming traffic he couldn´t overtake me. Believe me i was driving blindly because i only stared in the mirror.

And then we left the next village. I saw that the road was empty and i immediately opend my window to get the full concert. In the mirror i saw the turn signal from the rs6...

And now it happend. He overtook me with full throttle. :revs:

It was unbelieveable. The sound, the speed, the soooouuuuuunnnnnnd. Awesome, fantastic. Sounds like a gallardo with a bee in the ass. :0:

I couldn´t follow him because he was driving minimum 200 km/h and he overtook a few more cars far away.

It was a black Avant and looked same like this: http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12763
The number sign was also IN - V , but i can´t remember the number.

I´m looking forward to the the final car in Frankfurt on 11th or 12th September.

Soory, i know that my english is not best, but i hope you can understand it.

:addict:

artur777
August 30th, 2007, 18:59
Randery,

thanks!