PDA

View Full Version : milltek DP/exhaust installed

peiserg
August 5th, 2007, 17:37
I'm here in phx so if anyone wants to hear it before dropping a staggering $5k on an exhaust lemme know.

Haven't driven it since install so can't comment. it does, however, look like a work of art.

oh yeah, i did get 2 "left" exhaust tips, so until i receive the correct combo, the back doesn't look so great. I'd expect with that price range for it to not be an issue, but i guess some things like that occasionally happen.

parkertseng
August 6th, 2007, 07:36
hi,
how much is the down pipe?
thanks!

Boosted-Bora
August 6th, 2007, 19:04
hey man can you post a sound clip/video of the car driving and/or sitting still

Cheers, Drew

peiserg
August 6th, 2007, 19:57
hi,
how much is the down pipe?
thanks!

do you mean how much for my used DP or how much did I pay for the milltek?

peiserg
August 6th, 2007, 19:58
hey man can you post a sound clip/video of the car driving and/or sitting still

Cheers, Drew

I will try. I don't have a microphone. Anyhone else with milltek want to post one?

parkertseng
August 7th, 2007, 02:04
sorry!
i mean the miltek dp!

peiserg
August 7th, 2007, 04:19
i think in the neighborhood of $3k if it has the high flow cats. you can get the regular dp for $2k i think. Not sure if it's any better than any of DP....I'll have to tellmyself it is, otherwise I just wasted a whole lotta cheddar!

and i haven't yet paid the labor bill. so i don't know how much that was.

peiserg
August 8th, 2007, 16:57
finally got to drive el beasto with the new exhaust.

ZERO interior drone. None. that was my biggest concern. Glad to see unfounded.

Interior at idle and mild accelleration the sound is pretty much stock. I don't think my wife will notice the new exhaust.

At full accell (from inside the car, windows up) the sound is not much different from stock. Same with windows down. a bit louder, perhaps.

I was thinking it was a bit more aggressive, considering it is essentially a straight through exhaust. I'm just glad there's no droning. You can definitely hear the turbos, which is an improvement over stock.