PDA

View Full Version : What happens when you post Audi content in an M3 forum

EKaru
August 3rd, 2007, 18:26
I posted this article:
http://www.businessweek.com/autos/autobeat/archives/2007/07/vws_secret_addi.html?campaign_id=rss_blog_autobeat

in this thread (you need to be registered to view)
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=171861

and got these responses:
http://i19.tinypic.com/4pm8emw.jpg
http://i16.tinypic.com/4zwn81w.jpg

EKaru
August 3rd, 2007, 18:31
ooops... sorry, this should be in off topic
Eric...

Leadfoot
August 3rd, 2007, 18:35
I don't know if their figures are correct, but in the US BMW has one hack of a powerful market machine.

To say that Audi isn't in competition with BMW is laughable and shows the narrow-mindedness of some people. It's explains a lot why people say choosing an Audi is the sign of intelligence and that is clearly true because on this forum we aren't full of half wits like these morons.

EKaru
August 3rd, 2007, 18:42
Audi sales have been on the rise:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c223/is300hoon/audi_sales_2006.jpg

KK265
August 3rd, 2007, 22:08
Audi sales have been on the rise:

What about BMW and Mercedes?

Audiphile
August 3rd, 2007, 23:17
As is common on other automotive sites, BMW trolls keep saying the same old BS argument that Audi is nothing more than a dolled-up VW. Which of course to anyone with any intelligence (must therefore exclude BMW trolls) knows this to be the a total fallacy. They know little about Audi and make false claims that Audi sales are declining when Audi is clearly one of the hottest automakers today - not to mention Audi is the second oldest premium luxury brand in the world and one of the oldest names in automotive history. It just cracks me up to hear BMW trolls try to defend their position of superiority when presented with facts that state otherwise. They continue to live in denial as do BMW exectives since they keep putting their foot in their mouths with the same comments. I guess Americans buy into it. The build question is the best. Yet Audi keeps slamming BMW in reliability and build -quality surveys, just look at the US Consumer Reports recommendations to see that. They are simply uninformed, but this is good. Even BMW executive trolls recently stated that Audi is not competition, yet Audi keeps kicking BMW's butt in Europe and China. Only in the US does BMW enjoy an advantage because of American's peculiar obssession with BMW as if it is the second coming (of what I do not know). But let the BMW trolls think what they want as the old adage goes, "Never underestimate the competition" because you just might wind up working for them because of your arrogance. The M3 is learning that nicely and so did the 7-Series when the A8 slammed it in every comparison. Just look at Motor Trend's most recent issue regarding 2008 models. Seems they give Audi overall higher recommendations than BMW. Even the financial numbers speak to Audi's gain. I have yet to see one of them defend their position in any logic manner. Trolls they all are.:R8kiss:

BigRick
August 3rd, 2007, 23:41
When I read things like that I better understand why BMW make me sick... it's not their products (maybe to some extents) but more the people that buy them... I should generalize too much but still there's surely some truth behind that.

I don't feel like driving a car that’s bought by so many trolls.

The comment regarding Audi as a proof of intelligence really enlightens me! Thanks

Rock
August 4th, 2007, 00:13
Eric, I hope you continue to post on M3 forum. Don't let a couple of the BMW fanatics get you down. That is actually a great site and there are plenty of members that don't live and die BMW. Just like this site, you would expect members on a BMW forum to defend the car that they drive. :rs4addict

nene
August 4th, 2007, 01:30
I frequent many forums, and I can honestly say that there is a little of everything everywhere. I own and love both brands. The same does not transpire for the rest of the world that own the brands individually.

Klint
August 4th, 2007, 02:08
Yuo've got too much time on your hands. :)

EKaru
August 4th, 2007, 02:30
Yuo've got too much time on your hands. :)

You'd think that as a physician that I'd have better ways to spend my time.... Apparently not.. :)
Eric....

Leadfoot
August 4th, 2007, 11:47
Actually we should be thanking BMW for making such wonderful machines because if it wasn't for them the rest of us (Audi, Mercedes, Lexus, Porsche etc.) would have more of these arseholes on our glorious web site. :wo:

Klint
August 4th, 2007, 13:08
You'd think that as a physician that I'd have better ways to spend my time.... Apparently not.. :)
Eric....

When anyone starts to cross over brands (particularly on forums) you do end up with alot of time wasting as most posts about brands vs brands tends to be opinions from loyalists of those brands.

There is a distinct lack of facts in these cross-forum topics. i.e which results to alot of time wasted even reading them.

emc2rs4
August 4th, 2007, 14:21
love both brands. there's a time you are into something then over it.
I am on both now for sure. my next target: MB - 190E 2.3 16V (EVO)
drive an almost track ready E30 325is with 1999 M3 engine. Am I done with this old bimmer? probably not, you always want to make your car better and better.

RussianM3_dude
August 4th, 2007, 14:44
Having been given a new A6 recently as a temp driver, I WISHED audi was based on VW. A Passat taxi in Ibiza had better interior.

Also, all Audis have FWD genes, which for me is off-putting. Audi is VWs Lexus like it or not and will be even more so as there will be more and more platform sharing.

emc2rs4
August 4th, 2007, 15:04
Porsche Caynne = VW Touareg?
but ppl don't care cuz they are buying "BRAND"
most of ppl wouldn't know if platform is shared

RussianM3_dude
August 4th, 2007, 18:15
That's sadly true.
Most BMW Drivers are so narrow minded...

And Audiphile you're right.
I read a recent article about grows of Audi, their market part in China grow at about 90% and they are selling twice as much cars as BMW and MB together,
and BMW Exec's still trashtalk Audi, it would'nt be any competition for them.

But that has some good point, together with their arrogance (MB too).
We had an exhibition some weeks ago, were Audi and BMW were there.
Audi showed up with 7 engineers and 3 personal marketing ppl,
bmw had just 3ppl there and were completly bored.
So there is no question, most of us love Audi and would work there if they get a chance.
BMW and MB will get the rest (speak the not so good engineers) and so their cars will get worse *G*

PS: Excuse my bad english... *laugh*

The Chinese also LOVE Buick. They also make cars like Geely and Great Wall. I think their love for Audi is damning.

Leadfoot
August 4th, 2007, 19:26
You know the really silly thing about all of this, if the Mini's sales were taken out of BMW's sales total the difference between Audi and them wouldn't be the great. And if the 3series and the A4 sales were taken out of both brands sales totals then I reckon Audi would be ahead, such is the importance of the 3 series to BMW's overall sales.

Statements that RussianM3_dude come out with are just typical of the breed. :hihi:

In case you didn't know what the letters BMW stand for I will explain.

Bloody Minded Wanker or Break My Windows if you happen to live in Detroit. :D

MrBucket
August 4th, 2007, 19:35
Audi is hugely popular in my area as its one of the wealthiest areas in the USA and it also happens to snow here. I would bet on it that in this area Audi sells more cars than both BMW and MB, people just love thier quattro.

RussianM3_dude
August 4th, 2007, 22:04
A lot of people who don't know how to drive want quattro. Case in point, my Mom only drives a Carrera4S and would never drive a C2.

Leadfoot
August 4th, 2007, 22:19
Dude,

Take up rallying and I think your twisted ideas will take an awful knock. ;)

Quattro is not there to flatter people's skills like rwd, it's sole purpose is to provide the maximum amount of grip available from the four tyre contact areas on the road surface and provide this extra grip in a manner that is safer to use, this is true of every awd system and why a Bugatti Veyron can put all 1000+hp to the road no matter what the conditions are like.

If you feel that that makes you less of a driver and man in the process than you really need to take a long hard look at your own self-esteem. :eye:

BigRick
August 4th, 2007, 22:27
A lot of people who don't know how to drive want quattro. Case in point, my Mom only drives a Carrera4S and would never drive a C2.

That's probably why your driving an RS4 and can't even get it to the limit... pretty bad driver I guess.

Your missunderstanding of Audi and quattro are so blunt. Document yourself and stop bullshiting like that. Com'on bringing your mom in the discussion as a reference!!! when you're complaining everywhere that the RS4 is slow... :doh:

You should write a novell on "how to destroy credibility"

Klint
August 4th, 2007, 22:40
Another pointless thread on BMW vs Audi.

RussianM3_dude
August 4th, 2007, 23:38
That's probably why your driving an RS4 and can't even get it to the limit... pretty bad driver I guess.

Your missunderstanding of Audi and quattro are so blunt. Document yourself and stop bullshiting like that. Com'on bringing your mom in the discussion as a reference!!! when you're complaining everywhere that the RS4 is slow... :doh:

You should write a novell on "how to destroy credibility"

The RS4 just understeers like a pig as you approach the limit. I do not consider myself a track god, far from it, but my telemetry from the Fiorano race track, proves that I am also far from a noob.

RussianM3_dude
August 4th, 2007, 23:44
Dude,

Take up rallying and I think your twisted ideas will take an awful knock. ;)

Quattro is not there to flatter people's skills like rwd, it's sole purpose is to provide the maximum amount of grip available from the four tyre contact areas on the road surface and provide this extra grip in a manner that is safer to use, this is true of every awd system and why a Bugatti Veyron can put all 1000+hp to the road no matter what the conditions are like.

If you feel that that makes you less of a driver and man in the process than you really need to take a long hard look at your own self-esteem. :eye:

I agree about rallying... However it is completely unrelated to street or track driving. Quattro is there for people who have just not learnt to control their throttle foot. It adds weight and blunts involvement. Ok, it is fine for an everyday car, desirable even if you live in areas with difficult acess, however I struggle to imagine that more then 5% of people actually need it and in a car, AWD is there to mask humble FWD origins (like Alfa and Audi) or bad chassis design (the Veyeron is a heavy pig that needs AWD to stay on the road. Ferrari FXX has 850hp and does not need any AWD.)

Oh, and as for winter, winter tires own AWD, so there.

MrBucket
August 5th, 2007, 00:14
I agree about rallying... However it is completely unrelated to street or track driving. Quattro is there for people who have just not learnt to control their throttle foot. It adds weight and blunts involvement. Ok, it is fine for an everyday car, desirable even if you live in areas with difficult acess, however I struggle to imagine that more then 5% of people actually need it and in a car, AWD is there to mask humble FWD origins (like Alfa and Audi) or bad chassis design (the Veyeron is a heavy pig that needs AWD to stay on the road. Ferrari FXX has 850hp and does not need any AWD.)

Oh, and as for winter, winter tires own AWD, so there.

or even better quattro + snow tires

Rutkowsky
August 5th, 2007, 00:43
I don't know if their figures are correct, but in the US BMW has one hack of a powerful market machine.

To say that Audi isn't in competition with BMW is laughable and shows the narrow-mindedness of some people. It's explains a lot why people say choosing an Audi is the sign of intelligence and that is clearly true because on this forum we aren't full of half wits like these morons.

with regards to intelligence, have i gone stupid because i drive M3 now? My previous cars were 2004 RS6 and 1998 S8 manual, i love both brands but i can Clearly see advantages/disadv. I always thought you buy cars to your needs so i guess most of the Audi drivers want to be extra safe racing people in a pouring rain or snow, hence 4wd choice, i can also understand how seeing some clown in any car brand can put you off and i keep remembering intelligent posts made by "superstardriver" i mean that guy really puts me off Audi image, so there you go

Rutkowsky
August 5th, 2007, 00:49
and will you call me a genious if i buy Gallardo?

Audiphile
August 5th, 2007, 06:53
Hey RussianM3 Dude - your tag line says it all. By the way this IS an Audi site - you know its called RS6.com and M3.com. You sound too bias and too BMW to make a balanced point. Go troll the BMW sites.

RussianM3_dude
August 5th, 2007, 11:36
I drive an RS4 now.

Phage
August 5th, 2007, 11:36
Thats funny :D The last time i sat in a BMW ( an X5 ) i found the interior feeling cheap compared to a Golf V.
Have those guys ever been in an audi?

But anyway, what did you expect. Its a forum, people allways have an unstoppable urge to flame everything different there.
Look at superdriver on here :)

RussianM3_dude
August 5th, 2007, 11:38
I had the new A6 for the day and found the interior to be awfull, worse then a Passat.

Phage
August 5th, 2007, 11:43
Ugly, or the quality of it? :)

Leadfoot
August 5th, 2007, 14:34
I drive an RS4 now.

And you have been looking to off-load it ever since.

Leadfoot
August 5th, 2007, 14:45
If you prefer the Passat interior over the A6 then I think you have a very valid case for preferring BMW interiors as both are very plain non-stylist but functional designs.

I personally dislike the design language that Mr Bangle has used in the recent BMW interiors, this second screen for the SAT-NAV looks like an after thought and their choice of materials just doesn't feel special enough for what are very expensive cars.

I personally dislike the i-drive system but I feel the same about Audi's MMI, they are here to stay for the foreseeable future so I have to deal with it and learn to except that this is the future.

Klint
August 5th, 2007, 15:16
I personally dislike the design language that Mr Bangle has used in the recent BMW interiors, this second screen for the SAT-NAV looks like an after thought and their choice of materials just doesn't feel special enough for what are very expensive cars.

Guess you haven't seen the A6 dashboard with Satnav then?

Leadfoot
August 5th, 2007, 15:26
Guess you haven't seen the A6 dashboard with Satnav then?

Owning a Q7 which the last time I looked was near enough identical to the A6, what do you think me answer will be.

Like I said, I dislike all of these systems, but unlike the A6's which is an extension of the dash cover over the main instruments the 3 series, 5 series etc. employ a double bumper in the dash top which makes the system look like an after thought, it's my opinion but I reckon quite a few would agree with it.

RussianM3_dude
August 5th, 2007, 15:28
And you have been looking to off-load it ever since.

Can't wait. I absolutely hate this car.

RussianM3_dude
August 5th, 2007, 15:31
If you prefer the Passat interior over the A6 then I think you have a very valid case for preferring BMW interiors as both are very plain non-stylist but functional designs.

I personally dislike the i-drive system but I feel the same about Audi's MMI, they are here to stay for the foreseeable future so I have to deal with it and learn to except that this is the future.

I think the MMI is better then I drive. However ALL my BMs were properly screwed together. Tommorow my RS is going to the dealer to replace a badly fitted door panel and the RS badge on the steering wheel is about to fall off. There are some creaks in the interior and the leather is wearing badly. My twice cheaper BM had zero problems and fit and finish were perfect if a little spartan.

Leadfoot
August 5th, 2007, 15:38
You clear have a problem car or more than likely are seeing problem more because of your dislike for the car.

But the last car that give me no problems what so ever was a Vauxhall Astra but in no way would I be silly enough to regard it as the best car ever.

I hope you can off-load your RS4 soon and get back to the thing you love best.

Audiphile
August 5th, 2007, 22:58
I'm skeptical. I think russian dude is making this up to make Audi look bad. I've seen BMW trolls do this before to pretend to own Audis and bad mouth them so they can pretend to have credibility.

Lateknight
August 14th, 2007, 21:36
The RS4 just understeers like a pig as you approach the limit. I do not consider myself a track god, far from it, but my telemetry from the Fiorano race track, proves that I am also far from a noob.

Then I think you cannot drive. If all you get is understeer, then you are the one without the throttle control.
Ever heard the adage 'slow in fast out'.
I think your trying the reverse.

Post up the telemetry from Fiorano, and we'll decide if your a noob or not.

Why buy an RS4 if you can't stand it.
Try driving a prospective purchase before buying.

What a donkey. (EEEEE! AWWWW!)

Leadfoot
August 14th, 2007, 21:59
I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, he's came from Beemers so clearly it's more difficult to move from rwd to awd than it is for the rest of us to go the other way round. :hihi:

Audihead
August 15th, 2007, 18:37
Can't wait. I absolutely hate this car.

We can't either.:hihi: :rs4addict

Leadfoot
August 15th, 2007, 21:09
Hey guys,

He hasn't posted on the site for over a week now. Maybe he's finally sold the RS4 and is back with his beloved Beemers or his mummy has taken away his Internet privileges. :hihi:

SFW
August 16th, 2007, 02:11
I think the MMI is better then I drive. However ALL my BMs were properly screwed together. Tommorow my RS is going to the dealer to replace a badly fitted door panel and the RS badge on the steering wheel is about to fall off. There are some creaks in the interior and the leather is wearing badly. My twice cheaper BM had zero problems and fit and finish were perfect if a little spartan.

I think the rs4 can't stand you either, and tries to leave you one piece at a time :harass:

I have a 2002 A4 3.0 with 95 000 km and only the leather on the driver seat has small rinkles (sorry if I spell it bad), the front passager seat and the rear seat are in perfect shape ... :rs4addict

RussianM3_dude
August 23rd, 2007, 16:47
Hey guys,

He hasn't posted on the site for over a week now. Maybe he's finally sold the RS4 and is back with his beloved Beemers or his mummy has taken away his Internet privileges. :hihi:

I was in Ibiza. And no unfortunately the RS4 was still waiting for me when I got back.

RussianM3_dude
August 23rd, 2007, 16:49
I think the rs4 can't stand you either, and tries to leave you one piece at a time :harass:

I have a 2002 A4 3.0 with 95 000 km and only the leather on the driver seat has small rinkles (sorry if I spell it bad), the front passager seat and the rear seat are in perfect shape ... :rs4addict

It seems to be a recent thing. I've seen pics of Mk1 TTs with good looking leather after 80,000kms and Mk2 TTs with badly worn one after 5,000.

RussianM3_dude
August 23rd, 2007, 16:50
I'm skeptical. I think russian dude is making this up to make Audi look bad. I've seen BMW trolls do this before to pretend to own Audis and bad mouth them so they can pretend to have credibility.

So what do I do to prove I do drive an RS4?

Leadfoot
August 23rd, 2007, 17:12

Start to like it, then we will know that you are truly driving one, because everyone else loves theirs.:hihi:

RussianM3_dude
August 23rd, 2007, 17:27
Pffft! Driving the RS4 for me is like starting to have sex with a hot girl,, but stopping just before the "happy ending". Very unsatisfying.

Arslanoff
August 23rd, 2007, 20:03
Pffft! Driving the RS4 for me is like starting to have sex with a hot girl,, but stopping just before the "happy ending". Very unsatisfying.

Looks like you often have problems like that :harass:

Leadfoot
August 23rd, 2007, 21:21

Driving is a RS Quattro car is exactly like sex, the wetter it gets the more you get turned on. :blush:

RussianM3_dude
August 23rd, 2007, 22:13
Nah, leaves me wanting. To be honest, I am done with half_a%^&% sports cars. They do nothing satisfactory. So from now on it's either a Mondeo or an Exige.

P.S. Why would you wan't to go fast in the rain????? I mean yeah AWD still gives you an extra degree of security but it's still more dangerous to you and other road users then in the dry.

Leadfoot
August 23rd, 2007, 22:35
Nah, leaves me wanting. To be honest, I am done with half_a%^&% sports cars. They do nothing satisfactory. So from now on it's either a Mondeo or an Exige.

P.S. Why would you wan't to go fast in the rain????? I mean yeah AWD still gives you an extra degree of security but it's still more dangerous to you and other road users then in the dry.

Take up rallying, what is achievable with awd will re-define your opinions. :jlol:

RussianM3_dude
August 23rd, 2007, 23:09
What does rallying have to do with black top road driving? Even less then drifting.

rubyblack
August 24th, 2007, 05:33
What does rallying have to do with black top road driving? Even less then drifting.

I found this saying the other day, I think it applies to you!!!

Abraham Lincoln once said, "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt".

Ciao.....:bye: :deal:

rubyblack
August 24th, 2007, 05:35

:doh: Post some pictures, real ones, not googled ones!!!!! :noshake:

RussianM3_dude
August 24th, 2007, 08:52
Ok, will do that tonight.

Der Major
August 24th, 2007, 09:32
No please. Leave your pictures away from us stick´em where the sun don´t shines and don´t post anymore on this forum. As soon as you "open your mouth" only crap comes out of it. Why don´t you just turn your back on Audi if they make so much cars you dislike and why you still drive them???

Get yourself an BMW or an Mondeo or whatever meets your expecations :lovl: and pleaaaaaaaaase be quiet. :harass:

(Sry Mod. This was too much for me)

Erik
August 24th, 2007, 09:47
Please calm down or warning will start flying.

We don't want n00b BMW content on this site, and they don't want n00b Audi content on theirs.

Thread closed.