PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

jtessman
August 2nd, 2007, 07:35
Hi guys...I've been lurking for several months now but finally feel qualified to join. Picked up an immaculate RS6 two weeks ago (5600mi! :rs6kiss: ). Wanted one in '03 but had to settle for the '01 S8. She has served well but now with 80k mi. she will soon pass on the next deserving driver. Drove the RS6 down from the dealer lot in Dallas (Vmax=170 indicated) and she has been parked in the garage every since. Unfortunately I had to leave the next day on a business trip so this site has been my only therapy...I'll post a pic as soon as I figure out how to shrink it down to acceptable sizes. Ciao...

jtessman
August 2nd, 2007, 11:37
Shrunk pic to get it by the BBS software. Already ordered RNS-E, APT ECU, Goodyear F1 GS-D3's. Evaluating Movit ceramic rotors.

sechsgang
August 2nd, 2007, 15:05
grats! there really is NO car like the RS6...and the exhaust, if you havent already noticed, is MUCH louder outside of the car...I mean a heck of alot louder ( it took one of my friends to drive by me in my car for me to realize).

RS6-4dr911
August 2nd, 2007, 21:48
Excellent find - those low miles are incredible. What part of Houston? I'm on west side near BW8 and I10. :addict:

Daytona/Ebony - bone stock

Boosted-Bora
August 3rd, 2007, 04:22
very nice car man let the modifications begin:rs6kiss:

jtessman
August 3rd, 2007, 09:22
Noticed the exhaust note right away, fired it up in the Dealers delivery room and blipped the throttle a few times. Everyone in the show room and on the lot stopped to see where the roar was coming from! The sound in this little glass room was really quite satisfying, far more so than the S8 ever was.

jtessman
August 3rd, 2007, 09:33
Previous owner kept it at his second home in Beaver Ckreek, Co. as a ski car! I think most of the miles came from the drive up there and back. He traded it on an '07 S8 because he wanted more interior room. It was purchased in summer of '04 so it still has a year of factory warranty on it which is also a nice touch. Extended warranty runs out in 2010! Found it on Autotrader.com on a Friday, flew up to Dallas (University Park Audi) and picked it up the next day before anyone else scooped it up!

I live up in Cypress (Longwood). so not that far away from BW8/I10. Just moved there last year from Spring Valley (I10/Voss). I'm currently in Libya for a few weeks but will be back in Houston at the end of the month - maybe we can meet up for a beer sometime.

jtessman
August 3rd, 2007, 09:42
Thanks...not looking for any thing extravagant. I figure the car is already 90% of everything I always wanted. The tires (stock Dunlops) are phenominally LOUD, as were they on my S8. The Goodyear F1 GS-D3's I put on the S8 are extremely good (especially in the rain which is good since Houston has had >60" so far this year) so I will go that way again.

Anyone out there used the APR ECU yet? I'm trying to find someone who can verify their claims, not that they are unrealistic but as part of due diligence. If anyone has a dyno plot using their ECU I'd appreciate taking a look.

jlmoran00
August 7th, 2007, 17:42
I just recently bought my RS6, all though my mileage is a bit higher...x9. I bought it certified and had a few issues that were taken care of by the dealer pretty quicky. At this point I'm looking to start down the mod road. The only thing I'm a bit nervous about is making sure it's the right thing to do. It's completely stock accept for the sport exhaust option. What can be done at this point to just freshen up the car? I want to make this last as long as possible. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

It's had its 50k service.

mmaturo
August 7th, 2007, 21:31
RNS-E is best update for the interior anyway...makes it much more modern looking. I also switched out the dead pedal for the RS6+ staineless steel version (haven't done the rest of the pedals yet). I am holding off still for any performance upgrades as I want full warranty in effect. I have had already one transmission replaced so that to me is the weak link. Need to upgrade the trans programming as well as the ECU in my opinion.

Congrats Jtessman on the car, incredible mileage and hopefully no bugs hidden in it with such low miles..incredible car that I love driving everyday...52,000 miles and going.