PDA

View Full Version : Video: 0-200mph with Supercars!

Clio16V
July 31st, 2007, 18:14
Check this video: http://www.roadandtrack.com/video/

Staring: Bugatti Veyron, very fast Viper, Ruf RT12, etc

The only thing i can't understand is why the Veyron isn't quite as fast as in other tests. They talk about 0-100mph in 6.2s. That's a very bad time for the Veyron as he can do 0-125mph in 7.4s....

AudiSuperDriver
July 31st, 2007, 20:31
because those idiots who did the test are american muscle car fans and as you can see they put no 1 the viper and porsche, bugatti and the rest of the european cars are at the middle or at the bottom of the test...yeahh right...VEYRON CAN ACCELERATE HARDER AND FASTER THAN ANY OTHER CAR ON THIS PLANET...0-300 :16s...

LamboM
July 31st, 2007, 22:18
That is extremely unsientific and stupid test0
I'm sure that if you take all these cars agin the results will be very different:
A corvette can't do 0-200 in 26 sec even with all the power in the world
and I'm sorry, no viper can even come close to the mighty veyron,
And a murcielago can't make it to 200? please
That tets is completely idiotic.

Leadfoot
July 31st, 2007, 23:51
The results do seem a little odd, especially the result from the Veyron. All the reports I have read show it capable of the 200mph in around 18secs, not the 24secs achieved here. But there is no getting away from the fact that the Viper couldn't half shift it's bootie. On watching the cockpit video of it's acceleration run I was amazing how slow to 100mph it was and from then on the numbers just seemed to go by even quicker. In fact you couldn't say the numbers as quickly as the went past.

Though it's one car I would be scared to death of driving if I got the chance.

MrBucket
August 11th, 2007, 08:21
I just got this months road and track and they limited the cars to a 2 mile run, if it didnt make it to 200mph in that distance then it didnt do 200mph for their test. The reason the viper is quicker is quite obvious, its over 1000lbs lighter and it has 100 more horsepower than the veyron. It has trouble with traction till over 100mph but once it hooks up it goes like no other.

Leadfoot
August 11th, 2007, 09:52
No taking away that this Viper is a hell of a quick car but these times they got for the Veyron are to worst I have ever seen and by as much as 5~6 seconds. Clearly the car wasn't performing at it's best.

Clio16V
August 11th, 2007, 10:52
From what i understood is that the Viper's got 1100RWHP and de Veyron 1001HP at the crank. So that's also a big diffecence. But indeed the Veyron can do a lot better.

Leadfoot
August 11th, 2007, 11:52
Well if true then that explains a lot, espically how important awd is when trying to put this much power to the road. Lets face it, what is the sense of having 1100rwhp when you can only use all of it after 130mph. :doh:

Just think how much quicker it could have been if it was able the use all of that power. :MTM:

JavierNuvolari
August 11th, 2007, 17:50
Well if true then that explains a lot, espically how important awd is when trying to put this much power to the road. Lets face it, what is the sense of having 1100rwhp when you can only use all of it after 130mph. :doh:

Just think how much quicker it could have been if it was able the use all of that power. :MTM:

I completely agree with you Leadfoot.
There was an in-car video showing the run the driver did....needless to say that the comfort difference between the two(Viper Vs Veyron) is unbelievable...the guy on the Veyron could have donde that run holding a latte and in the Viper he was holding his ass with both hands....lol.

Saludos