PDA

View Full Version : Warning! Possible scam! (Cooling upgrades - Anyone interested?)

42TT
July 31st, 2007, 16:56
Hi Guys,

Since owning my RS6 I have looked into upgrades and instead of paying some of the extremely high prices that tuning brands charge have decided to with along with the help from my mechanic/engineer who has helped with my project cars over the years developed some cooling upgrades to help with increase in power and longjevity.

The upgrades I can offer in kit form are:

1) Upgraded Engine and Transmission Cooler Kit
2) Upgraded Intercoolers (still under development)

If anyone is interested please PM.

I have the engine and transmission kit installed on my car and have found more stable engine oil temps aswell as more stable transmission fluid temperatures even under extreme loads (drag, circuit and high speed driving).
Cheers

LU-RS6
July 31st, 2007, 17:26
Can you post pics or at least more info?

mi021le
July 31st, 2007, 17:33
where are you? what country

Boosted-Bora
July 31st, 2007, 22:06
I am very intrested in these upgrades

42TT
August 1st, 2007, 02:25
I am located in Australia. As stated I have the engine/transmission cooler upgrade fitted to my car which I will take pictures of very tonight.

Cheers

sechsgang
August 2nd, 2007, 15:09
please pics of the engine cooling kit...

emc2rs4
August 2nd, 2007, 18:47
can't wait to see your kit pics though
here's getting too "hot"

42TT
August 3rd, 2007, 01:53
Hi Guys,

Just doing some finishing touches before I take pictures. If anyone has logs of their transmission temp if they could please post them and I will do the same showing the benefit of the cooler

42tt

42TT
August 3rd, 2007, 15:25
UPDATE

Engine/Transmission Cooler Upgrade

These are some pictures showing the coolers.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x53/42tt/th_OilCoolersUpgrade7.jpg (http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x53/42tt/OilCoolersUpgrade7.jpg) http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x53/42tt/th_OilCoolersUpgrade6.jpg (http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x53/42tt/OilCoolersUpgrade6.jpg) http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x53/42tt/th_OilCoolersUpgrade5.jpg (http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x53/42tt/OilCoolersUpgrade5.jpg)
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x53/42tt/th_OilCoolersUpgrade4.jpg (http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x53/42tt/OilCoolersUpgrade4.jpg) http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x53/42tt/th_OilCoolersUpgrade3.jpg (http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x53/42tt/OilCoolersUpgrade3.jpg) http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x53/42tt/th_OilCoolersUpgrade2.jpg (http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x53/42tt/OilCoolersUpgrade2.jpg)
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x53/42tt/th_OilCoolersUpgrade1.jpg (http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x53/42tt/OilCoolersUpgrade1.jpg)

I intend to supply the engine and transmission coolers as a kit. The original engine/transmission cooler is by-passed and the original transmission circuit is used for the power steering cooler as the original power steering cooler is removed.

As you can see the coolers fit nicely with no cutting of the car, the kit's will be supplied with detailed instructions and all lines, fittings and mounting brackets and hardware. I have used braided line and screw on fittings throughout.

For more info please ask. Price will be dependant on the number of people who want them etc.

Intercooler Upgrade

I looked into developing a front mount cooler kit but decided against it as it would require modification to the front bumper. I am currently awaiting pricing on side mount coolers which will use a thicker high flowing cores aswell as being more efficient meaning less pressure drop across the core.

Will keep you posted on this when more information comes to hand, these will be a bolt in upgrade without any modifications needed.

42tt

emc2rs4
August 3rd, 2007, 17:09
when I look at front bumper, also think that maybe can fit a kit.
glad you work on it and come up a solution.

42TT
August 3rd, 2007, 17:42
emc2rs4 - Thanks. Works very well aswell

snoopra
August 4th, 2007, 03:50
Count me in for the Engine/Transmission Cooler Upgrade!

42TT
August 4th, 2007, 04:08
Snoopra - Please PM me with your contact details.

For who want the kit please PM me with your contact details and once pricing is finalised i will conact you directly.

If anyone has other questions please ask.

42tt

snoopra
August 4th, 2007, 04:57
How about a brake fluid cooler?

42TT
August 4th, 2007, 06:52
Snoopra - Never heard of a brake fluid cooler

snoopra
August 4th, 2007, 14:33
Snoopra - Never heard of a brake fluid cooler
I was just asking to see if it existed:)

snoopra
August 4th, 2007, 14:36
42TT, did you get my PM for the cooler kit?

snoopra
August 4th, 2007, 14:46
42TT, another question, have you tested the kit to see if there's any problems with the engine cooling circuit?
I 'm asking due to the fact that the upgraded coolers are covering most of the front section of the radiator.

42TT
August 5th, 2007, 08:59
Snoopra - Yes the car doesnt ever go over the 90C which is norma operating temperature

snoopra
August 5th, 2007, 18:18
Great! Let me know ASAP when the kit is ready.

gregoryindiana
August 5th, 2007, 19:03
This might be a dumb question, but your pics show the grille off the hood. Does the grille fit with the upgraded coolers, or is it off permanently?

Thanks

42TT
August 6th, 2007, 14:54
Gregoryindiana - No stupid questions here mate. The hood clears I just took the grille out to show how much of the cooler is in the direct path of cool air.

Pricing has been finalised each kit will be $1000 AUD which equates to approximately $860 USD, the kit will include:

- Engine Oil Cooler
- Transmission Oil Cooler
- Braided Line
- Earls Fittings and adapters
- Mounting hardware (Brackets, bolts, nuts etc)
- Detailed instructions

Shipping will be additional depending on where in the world you are located. Kits will be shipped within a week of payment being received. I am happy to do a group buy discount if there is enough interest.

Paypal is the preffered payment method as it provides security to both buyers and sellers.

Regards,
42tt

gregoryindiana
August 7th, 2007, 02:50
That's a very reasonable price, I think.

Moreso than a group buy; I wonder if the US Midwesterners could do a "group install".

I will decide in about a week.

mi021le
August 7th, 2007, 03:24
intercooler pics?

42TT
August 7th, 2007, 07:24
mi021le - Sorry no detaied information as yet I have supplied my contact here with a pair of standard coolers as a sample but the intercoolers will be a fair way off as it seems uness atleast 10 people are willing to commit the price may be restrictive but I am awaiting confirmation from my contact

42tt

emc2rs4
August 7th, 2007, 18:09
it's hard for me to decide since my car only has 28k under warranty.
If I installed the kit, will it affect factory warranty?

42TT
August 7th, 2007, 18:15
emc2rs4 - I can't answer that question. But i would think that if your dealer fitted or sited the coolers fitted and "OK'ed" them then your warranty shouldnt be affected.

At worst the only part of your warranty affected should be of the parts you have upgraded but dont quote me. Best to clarify this with your dealer or simply return the car to standard should something mechanical fail in the engine or transmission

42tt

42TT
August 9th, 2007, 13:58
Hi Guys,

Just an update if there is 10 people who wants the kits at the same time I can offer them for $900 AUD as long as they are purchased at the same time as I can order everything in bulk

42tt

mi021le
August 9th, 2007, 17:59
i definaty intrested.

42TT
August 10th, 2007, 07:29
To register your interested can people please email to 42v8tt@gmail.com so it will be easier to keep track of things.

Thanks
42tt

ilovegt100
August 16th, 2007, 03:11
I'm in! Are we anywhere near 10?

42TT
August 16th, 2007, 03:51
ilovegt100 - Many have said they are in but none have committed. If you are 100% certain email me at the above email adress and we can arrange shipping and payment

42tt

scottmandu
August 16th, 2007, 11:56
Paypal is the preffered payment method as it provides security to both buyers and sellers.

Just a note, paypay doesn't provide security to sellers. I accepted a paypal payment from quick500 at blown and boosted for a RS6 TCM and he cancelled it and I got screwed.

42TT
August 16th, 2007, 14:29
Sottmandu - Thanks for the info.

I would have thought that there would have been people interested in these kits going by inital interest maybe I was wrong?

42tt

itchingtogo
August 16th, 2007, 16:16
I bought the same ECU and he never shipped the item. Beware of blown&boosted! I can't believe that paypal lets him keep an account.

itchingtogo
August 16th, 2007, 16:17
Scottmandu, any news on the door panel and rear headrest?

Benman
August 16th, 2007, 21:28
Guys, original thread was on Cooling Upgrades. Please go back on topic. Thanks...

Ben:addict:

peiserg
August 17th, 2007, 18:48
I am still interested, but have a couple questions.

DO you know how long for install with a qualified guy?

Anyone here know what the going price is for an intercooler? I could have sworn some company already makes a full FMIC, but don't recall who..

jimmy94507
August 17th, 2007, 19:21
I could have sworn some company already makes a full FMIC, but don't recall who..

Are you talking Intercooler or Oil Cooler?
If you want more info e-mail me directly so I can send "directly" to you.

Regards, Jimmy S.
jimmys@cableone.net

42TT
August 18th, 2007, 01:51
peiserg - Fitting time should be no more than 3hrs.

As far as the intercooler goes I have only ever seen replacement side mount intercoolers as there isnt much room for a FMIC, the replacement intercoolers are a long way off still

42tt

RS6 POWER
August 20th, 2007, 15:14
42TT what is your name please???

42TT
August 20th, 2007, 15:27
RS6 POWER - PM Sent

42tt

RS6 POWER
August 21st, 2007, 03:34
Sorry 42TT...I use to own an E55 and was on the MB forum and a person from Australia stiffed 5 people with a similar cooling packege for the E55 and it was a mess...his name was Stephen Snowden or something like that. I am new here, sorry it just seemed currious.

Regards,
Manuel

42TT
August 21st, 2007, 06:47
RS6 Power - No problems. If you are interested in the cooling package email me 42v8tt@gmail.com for more info

Regards,
42tt

gjg
August 21st, 2007, 20:49
42TT, another question, have you tested the kit to see if there's any problems with the engine cooling circuit?
I 'm asking due to the fact that the upgraded coolers are covering most of the front section of the radiator.... Snoopra - Yes the car doesnt ever go over the 90C which is norma operating temperature

this 90C means at what type of driving - 100 mph/150 mph or something around Aussie limit? And what is the oil temperature doing at that point?

I would have that same concern with engine cooling, specially with some spirited driving. :vhmmm:

gregoryindiana
August 22nd, 2007, 02:34
42tt
I'm in. You have email from me.

42TT
August 22nd, 2007, 10:45
Gregoryindiana - Got your email, I have replied let me know when you get a chance to have a look.

42TT

Paldi
September 1st, 2007, 05:17
I wonder if getting hot air out of the engine compartment, say by a hood vent or some extraction/diffuser under the car, would cool things down without needing more or bigger radiators and intercoolers?

42TT
September 1st, 2007, 05:45
Paldi - It will only help with cooling the engine compartment and reducing heat soak it will not really be an effective replacement to changing coolers.

42tt

Z07
September 3rd, 2007, 10:28
Maybe this thread should be moved to the R8 section.

42TT
September 3rd, 2007, 13:00
Z07 - Not sure you could adapt these to the R8 as there aren't any in Australia, unless you are reffering to the images of the R8 that burn to the ground

42tt

Z07
September 5th, 2007, 16:07
Z07 - Not sure you could adapt these to the R8 as there aren't any in Australia, unless you are reffering to the images of the R8 that burn to the ground

42tt
Yep, I was being facetious. Sorry.

robert j
September 11th, 2007, 10:06
hello my name is robert j and are probably the newest member living in gothenburg sweden and are wery intressded in the cooling kit soo can you please mail me i want to buy one kit right now if it possible

many thanks robert j

42TT
September 11th, 2007, 10:53
Robet J - I have replied to your email

42tt

Aronis
September 23rd, 2007, 16:36
I have a great cooling kit coming in a few weeks.

Winter

ilovegt100
September 25th, 2007, 03:05
Has anybody received or installed one of these kits yet? I want one but don't want to get robbed- no offense to 42tt intended. It sounds too good to be true...

42TT
September 25th, 2007, 06:57
ilovegt100 - two have comitted and there has been slight delays getting all the necessary parts as the supplier I originally bought the goods from has stuffed me around. The two kit should be shipped this week.

gjg
September 29th, 2007, 07:29
I have a great cooling kit coming in a few weeks.

Winter

:thumb: :jlol:

robert j
September 29th, 2007, 17:39
please mail me at rs4@telia.com many thanks robert

snoopra
September 30th, 2007, 19:06
ilovegt100 - two have comitted and there has been slight delays getting all the necessary parts as the supplier I originally bought the goods from has stuffed me around. The two kit should be shipped this week.
42TT, What's the shipping status of my kit?

42TT
October 1st, 2007, 05:35
Snoopra - Email Sent

Attached photo's shows the main components of the cooling kits.

Earls Stainless Braided Hose
Earls Anodized Hose Fittings
Engine Oil Cooler
Transmission Fluid Cooler

snoopra
October 8th, 2007, 05:35
Who every the OTHER guy is who ordered a kit from this guy, I hope you used PAYPAL and posted a claim BEFORE the 30 day limit. I've sent emails to this guy, he has nothing but excuses. Hasn't responded to my emails or made any RS6.com posts since Oct 1.

RS6 POWER
October 8th, 2007, 13:27
Please refer to post that I made on the 3rd page...I retract my apoligies, HE IS A SCAM!!! I don't know if it is the same guy as the MB WORLD FORUM, but I am 99% sure...just like here very knowledgeable and helping others with tech questions and BOOM the scam once a couple of people Pay Pal hes gone:doh: !!!

Sincerely,
Manuel

Antagonist
October 9th, 2007, 06:04
I can't believe this POS. Sorry to hear you got robbed but he'll get his...

gregoryindiana
October 9th, 2007, 18:57
Who every the OTHER guy is who ordered a kit from this guy, I hope you used PAYPAL and posted a claim BEFORE the 30 day limit. I've sent emails to this guy, he has nothing but excuses. Hasn't responded to my emails or made any RS6.com posts since Oct 1.

Did you have a claim with Paypal?

How did they receive yours?

If you have contacted PayPal, even if your claim is over the 45 (?) day limit, if there have been multiple claims against an individual, PayPal says they will reopen the case even if beyond the limit.

I know it is slim consolation, but there still is a chance for you.

Erik
October 9th, 2007, 20:57
Please tell me more, via pm is ok.

As you know I may help with ip numbers etc. if it's a scam.

42TT, please explain yourself ASAP.

snoopra
October 10th, 2007, 01:06
Did you have a claim with Paypal?

How did they receive yours?

If you have contacted PayPal, even if your claim is over the 45 (?) day limit, if there have been multiple claims against an individual, PayPal says they will reopen the case even if beyond the limit.

I know it is slim consolation, but there still is a chance for you.

I submitted my claim on time, I had a bad experience years ago. 42TT's name is listed on paypal as Jordan Vlotis, and he hasn't responded to paypal's email. My funds will be refunded on the 17th. Either way, I WILL get my refund because I used my AMEX card for payment.

RS6 POWER
October 10th, 2007, 02:51
I submitted my claim on time, I had a bad experience years ago. 42TT's name is listed on paypal as Jordan Vlotis, and he hasn't responded to paypal's email. My funds will be refunded on the 17th. Either way, I WILL get my refund because I used my AMEX card for payment.
Thank God my friend!!!

Regards,
Manuel

skiwi
October 10th, 2007, 06:50
i believe that 42tt's based in australia? anyone have any contact details? i'm not a million miles away from australia....

Erik
October 10th, 2007, 08:21
I should have some details on him as he's e-mailed me and I can also see ip numbers.

Did he manage to rip someone off? Please let me know.

But I will give him a few days to explain himself.

gregoryindiana
October 12th, 2007, 02:23
Erik;

I have come to the concllusion that this 42tt guy is not legit. I gave him every opportunity to email me as well.

PayPal was intending to be difficult with me, stating that I had not made any effort to reverse the charge within the 45(?) day limit that they prescribe.

However, like snoopra, I had paid for the PayPal charge using American Express; their representative intervened and my charge was reversed. At this point, unless PayPal can get their money back from 42tt, it is their loss. Maybe now that PayPal is on the hook for THEIR OWN money, they will take a bigger interest in pursuing this person, who seems to be a very clever fraud.

mi021le
October 12th, 2007, 04:05
that F"n sucks. i was 2 seconds away from geting it. but his kit isnt that hard to duplicate. i know i will since hes not ligit.

skiwi
October 12th, 2007, 06:34
quite frankly i find this hard to believe due to the amount of work requried to set the scam up and keep it going. althogh initially he wasn't very knowledgable, he went to quite a lot of trouble to engineer a solution and post credible results.

i will personally suspend credulity a little longer and hope he makes contact and explains to us what is going on....

gjg
October 12th, 2007, 07:36
quite frankly i find this hard to believe due to the amount of work requried to set the scam up and keep it going. althogh initially he wasn't very knowledgable, he went to quite a lot of trouble to engineer a solution and post credible results.....

skiwi, with all due respect, I can make this kind of "engineering" in approx. 30 minutes.... :doh:

If you look closer the "kit" is nothing else but two smaller radiators (and it could be freshly painted for that matter because from that picture there is no way in hell you will notice anything), few ss hoses and fittings - the later you buy in any hardware store.

What else - setting up an account on the board and answering e-mails?

If you look through postings he NEVER answered ANY questions about actuall performance

and than you have links such as:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/t126859.html&pid=2395271
http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/t106224.html&p=1977142
and than this one:
http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index.php?act=announce&f=31&id=4

little home work would save a lot of problems down the road.......

I'd bet that closest this guy got to RS6 was here on the board. :nono:

Erik
October 12th, 2007, 07:43
Thanks for all e-mails and PMs in this question.

I have warned several similar type of forums.

skiwi
October 12th, 2007, 08:05
skiwi, with all due respect, I can make this kind of "engineering" in approx. 30 minutes.... :doh:

not sure - the car was definitely an rs6 and he asked me and others specific questions about the cooling circuit and the cooling capacity used in the transmission circuit.

we also corresponded about turbos and he had access to turbo maps from the rs6, ones that i have not seen before.

he clearly had access to a car, and to engineering resources. that is a lot of effort to go to for a couple of grand....

dunno, maybe i'l gullible....

gjg
October 12th, 2007, 08:27
not sure - the car was definitely an rs6 and he asked me and others specific questions about the cooling circuit and the cooling capacity used in the transmission circuit.

we also corresponded about turbos and he had access to turbo maps from the rs6, ones that i have not seen before.

he clearly had access to a car, and to engineering resources. that is a lot of effort to go to for a couple of grand....

dunno, maybe i'l gullible....

he has, providing the name is correct, a track record longer than week before payday ....

anything said about the "kit" and questions to ask u can get by reading, so that itself would not mean anything. He never responded to specific performance questions such as oil temps which would be easy if you had the kit installed.

Mr. Balsen was asked the same about MTM cooling kit and responded with real numbers, this guy avoided questions alltogether.

Secondly, I am amazed that people would spent $100k on a car to buy half a$$ cooling kit without ANY engineering data from someone who claims he develop it on his own thanks to his vaste experience - 5000 miles away.

While at the same time for about the same money you can buy REAL kit from reputable company with sufficient track record and established place of business.

What can I say ..... the old rule goes "if it sounds too good, it ain't true", experienced (read "got burned before") people would say "hold on your valet" :blush:

RS6 POWER
October 12th, 2007, 10:51
My Friends:Like I said in my previous posts, I am now positive this is the same guy from th MB World Forum. Please do a search in 2004 for the same kind of cooling upgrade for an E55 Kompresor or ask one of the moderators. In the MB World Forum he went by the name of "Stephen Snowden" and scamed a few people also!!!Regards,Manuel

Leadfoot
October 12th, 2007, 11:35
This is the wonder of the Internet, it is opening up those type of people to a much larger audience but sorry to say it like gjg said why buy something from someone who you don't know and hasn't no other references than being a member of a forum. If MTM etc are offering similar products at similar prices you are a fool not to go that route.

snoopra
October 12th, 2007, 19:53
Erik;

I have come to the concllusion that this 42tt guy is not legit. I gave him every opportunity to email me as well.

PayPal was intending to be difficult with me, stating that I had not made any effort to reverse the charge within the 45(?) day limit that they prescribe.

However, like snoopra, I had paid for the PayPal charge using American Express; their representative intervened and my charge was reversed. At this point, unless PayPal can get their money back from 42tt, it is their loss. Maybe now that PayPal is on the hook for THEIR OWN money, they will take a bigger interest in pursuing this person, who seems to be a very clever fraud.

gregoryindiana, I received an email today from 42TT's email from someone claiming to be his brother. The email was from James, his brother, stating that Jordan was in a bad car accident on Wednesday and he (James) would be shipping the kits on Tuesday next week. I received an email a short while after from his brother stating he saw on paypal that I had made a claim and he would let his brother know so he could issue a refund. If he wasn't a fraud, the kits would've been in the mail weeks ago. This latest email is just an example of the lenths some people would go to defraud unsuspecting consumers.

snoopra
October 12th, 2007, 21:14
I did some researching and found the coolers from his pictures on EBAY for $50-$60. Hose set - $70. Anyone know off hand how much MTM or a similar company would charge for a TRANS/ENGINE cooling kit?

gjg
October 12th, 2007, 21:25
Anyone know off hand how much MTM or a similar company would charge for a TRANS/ENGINE cooling kit?

I think it was below 1k Euro, but that price was posted here. And it was not a radioator from some mini Fiat cleaned and painted to go well with RS front mask, it was the real thing ..... :cheers:

jimmy94507
October 13th, 2007, 19:23
I did some researching and found the coolers from his pictures on EBAY for $50-$60. Hose set - $70. Anyone know off hand how much MTM or a similar company would charge for a TRANS/ENGINE cooling kit?

Here in the US the MTM Trans. cooling kit is only available from Hoppen Motor Sports.
Price Last December was $1300. It took me "4 months" to finally get the last missing or incorrect part!!?? MTM logistics supporting this kit was terrible!!
It appears this is very low priority with them. Have they improved? Good question.
The kit has been installed and Tested with good results. Was finally track tested last weekend at Infineon raceway in Sonoma, CA. Temps in the 80's.

If anyone is considering this kit I have some comments for hose modification and suggestions for installation.
Pictures are available if you send me your e-mail address.
I will not post pictures on the forum!

Regards, Jimmy S.
jimmys@cableone.net

gjg
October 14th, 2007, 16:33
Here in the US the MTM Trans. cooling kit is only available from Hoppen Motor Sports.
Price Last December was $1300. It took me "4 months" to finally get the last missing or incorrect part!!?? MTM logistics supporting this kit was terrible!!
It appears this is very low priority with them. Have they improved? Good question.

well, at least you got what you ordered .... :hahahehe: I think this is not a stock item hence the delivery time (not forget the shipping to US and paperwork). Missing/incorect part is not what I would expect when ordered from Germany...

I have to agree that MTM's response, even in Europe, is far from swift last 6 months - not sure what is going on.

jimmy94507
October 14th, 2007, 16:50
well, at least you got what you ordered .... :hahahehe: I think this is not a stock item hence the delivery time (not forget the shipping to US and paperwork). Missing/incorect part is not what I would expect when ordered from Germany...

I have to agree that MTM's response, even in Europe, is far from swift last 6 months - not sure what is going on.

I agree, this is not a stock item and they haven't delivered a lot of these kits.
However, when it is reported they have it in stock, you order it, then they advise the kit is not complete, then ships 3 weeks later, No parts list, no instructions, no pictures - just a box of parts???? I request and they send "box" content list and pictures, no instructions. I deduce from the pictures how the kit is installed, match up parts and that I have incorrect parts and missing parts (they ask for pictures of the "missing" parts?? Duh!!!) Sending e-mail and pictures, 3+ months later, I get the final missing parts.
This is NOT what I expected, or anyone deserves!

Regards, Jimmy S.

gjg
October 14th, 2007, 16:53
well, that would definitely make my day as well ..... don't blame you.

Noticed better performance on gearbox?

skiwi
October 15th, 2007, 10:38
i'm still not convinced. i've just checked some correspondence with 42tt - in it he asked how much fluid the transmission cooler requires and for me to check and confirm with him. also other things such as [below] which don't indicate a scammer to me - i mean why ask these quesions and provide the feedback...

Hi Skiwi

Just wanted to say thanks for your help with the posts. And wanted to ask you two questions

1) Does the requested boost vs actual boost have to be 100% accurate? Reason I ask is my readings seem low in the 2500-3500rpm range if there can be variances and if so by how much?

2) Will the ecu run the engine ok if the cat's where removed from the dump pipes or will this require coding changes to the ecu? I intend to chip the car soon

Thanks again your a great help

42TT

gjg
October 15th, 2007, 11:21
I thought the fluid requirements (including volume) can be found in the car manual - providing you have it .... :idea:

did some researching and found the coolers from his pictures on EBAY for $50-$60. Hose set - $70.

my concern would be additional radiators front of the engine - I've asked the guy about performance of the kit in respect to oil temps with/without "cooling" kit and he simply did not answer, at all.

There was not a single picture anywhere of his car with the kit installed, none. If the kit exists and I'm selling it as good engineering solution for RS6, why not show the pics? Sportec did it, so did MTM - you could actuall see it. Here, all you have, are two pics of something you can get for about $100 unless you go to junkyard - probably save another $50 ... For that matter the SS hose looks same on pics regardless if it is high pressure/temp oil hose or water hose you use for your plumbing .... :doh:

anyway, I would be pleasantly surprised to see the kit installed and performing as the gentleman described. :cheers: