PDA

View Full Version : Milestone 6!

Finnus
May 29th, 2003, 12:59
I received the following message this morning and the website showed Mielstone 6 as of 5/27:

Your RS 6 has left our European port and is on its way to America.

The website says it takes two weeks to cross the Atlantic presumably to NYC and it's probably another week to get to upstate NY.

Am I psyched or what!!!

Finnus :cheers:
:addict: :addict: :addict:
:trans:

iconcls
May 29th, 2003, 14:21
They decided to wait for my MS-3 RS before they cross the pond ;-)

A while ago, I thought Mr. Conley was going to have the first stateside RS 6, but it appears, in all probability, it will be you. Congratulations !!!!!

dabull
May 29th, 2003, 15:00
Mine just completed Milestone 5 so first of July sounds about right.

RS6FEVR
May 29th, 2003, 17:01
:cheers: Finnus!!! Congrats!
I'm still at ms-2, but it is moving! Talked to my dealer yesterday and I'm #3 on their order sequence list. He said they had one on a boat on it's way and #2 and #3 would probably ship together, actual ship time still to be determined. You definitely have to be pumped!!!:bow: :bow: What plans have you for documenting delivery, if any?
:addict: FEVR :addict:

jimmy94507
May 29th, 2003, 18:42
Congratulations, Finnus!! I'll bet these next couple weeks will drag by.
I have reached Milestone 2 on 5/26/03! The Web site was down last night and this morning it had the update for MS 2.

RS6_Scottsdale's 05/26/03 post on the AW, A6 Forum stated that his car reached Milestone 6 and is on it's way across the pond. He's hoping to see it in Arizona the 3rd or 4th week of June. His car is probably going into the Houston port?
Keep us updated on your progress.
Regards, Jim

Benman
May 30th, 2003, 02:17
finnus,

many congrats. i know you must be stoked. you've got to keep
the rest of us posted once you take delivery. :cheers:

ben:addict: :addict: (now the wait seems longer!)

Finnus
May 30th, 2003, 02:43
Ben, Jimmy, Icon, Speed, Fevr, Bull

Thanks for all the congrats everyone. Stoked is not the word.

Then my Audi dealer tells me it could be two weeks between arriving in Rhode Island (that's right, the mighty port of Rhode Island - I didn't even know there was one - must be Providence). That's about 4 hours away. I think I'll drive there and hijac the car. LOL

I'll definitely keep y'all posted.

Finnus

dabull
May 30th, 2003, 14:20
Salesman told me yesterday that my car is on a ship on it's way also. Looks like the timeline is always a little behind. :addict: :addict:

RS6FEVR
May 30th, 2003, 19:36
:race: Congrats to Bull too!!! :race:
your post, along with those from Finnus, is really making me crazy!:bang: :bang: Where is yours going to come in and how long before it gets to your dealer in Ohio? You gotta give us pics too :D :D Mine is supposedly in the paint shop and I'm getting anxious for sure. Can't visit our site enough!
You short timers gotta help those of us still in MS Hel.

Very Cool :cool2: Bull

:addict: FEVR :addict:

Finnus
May 30th, 2003, 20:14
You short timers gotta help those of us still in MS Hel.

FEVR,

You're assuming us short timers are not in MS Hell. Let's face it, we're all there until we get the Beast! Its just that we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Unfortunately, that light just turns up the heat!

Finnus :cheers:
:addict: :addict: :addict:

eph94
May 30th, 2003, 21:13
Originally posted by RS6FEVR
MS Hel.

How about PRE-PRODUCTION HELL!! ARGH! Well, considering I was originally mid-twenties on my dealer waiting list before I moved up to be one of the twelve, I guess I can't complain too much. The only way you guys are going to help me through this is by taking lots of pictures.

Erik
May 30th, 2003, 21:37
I guess it's time to get the gallery sorted...

Anyone want to trade a nice place for a banner in the gallery vs. the 150 USD the gallery costs? :D

I'm thinking of this type of gallery: http://www.bmwm5.com/photo/index.php

jimmy94507
May 30th, 2003, 23:18
Wow, yesterday I was shown reaching milestone 2 on 5/26. Today my car is shown at reaching milestone 4 on 5/28. According to the milestone dates from Finnus, it may reach milestone 5 today. That could mean milestone 6 by mid next week. Wonder how long I will have to wait at the dock before it gets on a ship?
Progress!!

Regards, Jim

Finnus
May 31st, 2003, 00:49
The only way you guys are going to help me through this is by taking lots of pictures.

JJV-MA,

Where's Middleton, Ma. The only parts of MA I don't get to very often are North & South shore, New Bedford and the Cape. My brother lives in Lexington, MA. Maybe we can arrange to meet after I get the Beast.

Finnus

Benman
May 31st, 2003, 05:05
wow, you guys are WAY ahead of me. i just received news
TODAY that i'm FINALLY at milestone 1!!! i'm curious to see
where my car will be at in production when i'm in germany next
month. i'll be asking to see it for sure!:cheers:

ben:addict:

eph94
May 31st, 2003, 05:28
Originally posted by Finnus
JJV-MA,

Where's Middleton, Ma. The only parts of MA I don't get to very often are North & South shore, New Bedford and the Cape. My brother lives in Lexington, MA. Maybe we can arrange to meet after I get the Beast.

Finnus

Middleton is about 20 miles northeast of Lexington on the North Shore. If you visit your brother with the Beast, you could probably do the Lexington to Middleton drive in 10 minutes, assuming the Boys in Blue don't run interference! :incar: If you're ever up this way, I'd love to meet up and get extremely jealous and green with envy.

Finnus
May 31st, 2003, 11:29
If you're ever up this way, I'd love to meet up.

I'm sure I'll be bringing it to Lexington. Lets plan on meeting.

:cheers: