PDA

View Full Version : Gave up R8 for S5

KiwiRS4
July 28th, 2007, 08:50
Well after much deliberation I finally decided to give up my slot for the R8 I was having delivered in December. When all was said and done the R8 just wasnt going to be practical for where I go and what I do.

So I got the next best thing, I managed to get one of the first S5s into Kiwiland and I take delivery of it when I get back from the USA around the 21st of August.

The list of standard items on the Kiwi cars is great and includes:

* Bi-Xenon Plus Headlights
* Heated Front Seats
* Mobile Phone Prep
* Parking Aid - Front & Rear

Mine also has:

* Adaptive Light
* Advanced Key
* Stainless Steel Mesh Inlays
* Bang n Olufsen Sound System

Am getting it in Black and will get the windows tinted when it gets here. Will post some pics when I take delivery of it. Will be sad to say good bye to my RS4 but a new RS4 will be the next car I get when it comes out.

Cheers from Kiwiland

Ned :D

KiwiRS4
July 28th, 2007, 20:34
Have gone for the black silk nappa leather.

Ned

Leadfoot
July 29th, 2007, 11:11
Have gone for the black silk nappa leather.

Ned

Nice, that is what I had in my S4. Have you gone for the dark or light roof cloth? I think unless you have a sunroof the dark looks better.

Arslanoff
July 29th, 2007, 11:33
And why you guys did not go for Alcantara/Perl Nappa leather combination? It is some how important for me to know and to make the right choice between black silk nappa leather and Alcantara/leather combination. I have already opened the thread in offtopic about it. Thanks.

Leadfoot
July 29th, 2007, 14:56
In a word Arslanoff, children. :rolleyes:

Now which is the easier to clean when sticky toffee sweets and spilled coke is on them. :D

Arslanoff
July 29th, 2007, 15:10
AAhh, now I see.... Little devils

guessWHO
July 30th, 2007, 11:31
And why you guys did not go for Alcantara/Perl Nappa leather combination? It is some how important for me to know and to make the right choice between black silk nappa leather and Alcantara/leather combination. I have already opened the thread in offtopic about it. Thanks.

Alcantara / leather combination is the best choice IMO because in summer it doesn't get too hot and in winter it doesn't get too cold :)

RXBG
July 31st, 2007, 14:50
wow. big change. you were so concrete on the R8, it seemed. but yes, that is the thing about life. things come up and others change. this is why i was so upset about my R8 wait (until my situation was taken care of, recently). too long of a wait could mean you don't get what you want. the S5 is a winner anyway, but it is no RS4. so why not wait until the RS5? what gives?

JavierNuvolari
July 31st, 2007, 16:06
Yeah...big change, I don't think I would've done the same thing on your place though mate:thumb: .

RXBG, perhaps when the RS5 come out he'll be the first one to order one for NZ:hahahehe: .

Cheers all,

Javier

KiwiRS4
July 31st, 2007, 23:48
Basically bottom line was also that the importer, EMD were a complete bunch of assholes.

Because I use the car everyday and do need the room I thought I would be able to do with it what I needed so was sitting in the middle about trying to make it work. When EMD turned out to be so bloody difficult, even though my dealer is the opposite, they basically made up my mind for me.

With the new shape A4 coming out next year the value of my current RS4 is going down and I have 40k kilometres on the clock so decided to get out of it for something new and with more space than the R8. Here in NZ you cant order an RS4 anymore and I liked the look of the S5 plus it looks great so thats what I decided to get. I have had the first S4 into NZ, the first Q7 and also the first RS4 and now get one of the first batch of S5s into NZ and yes I will be getting the new RS5 or RS4 when it comes out.

Ned