PDA

View Full Version : My S5

Arslanoff
July 26th, 2007, 18:57
Your car is so HOT, man! Congratulations!
I very like the front with LED lights, seats look perfect, and B&O sound! How is that, tell me the quality and power of sound system. And Carbon, man, the best!
I would definitely buy S5, but coupe is not my type of cars, I am waiting for S4 in Sept and hope it will look as good as your car!
Congratulations again!

Damienr8
July 26th, 2007, 19:00
Jesus Christ it looks good in black. It looks very agressive with the led's in front. This is above and beyond the hottest coupe on the planet right now, hands down!!!!!!! Congrats Man.

Leadfoot
July 26th, 2007, 20:49
Can't you tell I am an Audi nut when I look at the photo of it beside the Ferrari and the Aston behind and all I see is the S5.

As for the B&O system, my background is in car stereo systems and though I like the system it's too light on the bass but the system is very precise with it's placement and separation and though it isn't perfect it is bloody close considering the price and I couldn't bettered for the money involved.

Damienr8
July 26th, 2007, 22:05
Can't you tell I am an Audi nut when I look at the photo of it beside the Ferrari and the Aston behind and all I see is the S5.

As for the B&O system, my background is in car stereo systems and though I like the system it's too light on the bass but the system is very precise with it's placement and separation and though it isn't perfect it is bloody close considering the price and I couldn't bettered for the money involved.

ROFL, didn't even see the Aston in the background. hahah. Those gorgeous led's were the first thing I saw.

AndyBG
July 26th, 2007, 23:00
That car is GREAT !

Congrat's on it !

Hope that is going to be pleasure driving it as much as it looks FANTASTIC !

Ruergard
July 26th, 2007, 23:22
Congratz!

Awesome looking car, enjoy it as much as you possibly can! :thumb:

Arslanoff
July 27th, 2007, 00:32
Strange thing is that Engine start button is on the other side from the driver on the UK cars. Audi moved the P button but did not the Start button. Why?
And one stupid question, are the mirrors made from aluminium or they are alu like plastic? We had a thread in RS6 section about it.

EKaru
July 27th, 2007, 03:45
Congrats!
May we please see some high res photos?

darkart
July 27th, 2007, 06:58
Really nice car!:) Enjoy!

tazsura
July 27th, 2007, 09:13
Nice one elstimpo!

Not a huge fan of the S5/A5..but yours is defo the best looking i've seen yet and i'm slowly being persuaded...!:love:

BTW...lovely stable you got there mate...!

Taz :bow:

markusla
July 27th, 2007, 10:53
And one stupid question, are the mirrors made from aluminium or they are alu like plastic? We had a thread in RS6 section about it.

I was told by my dealer they are made out of plastic. Something about the alu mirrors got stolen so much in the past and was too expensive to replace.

I'm really happy for you, that you got your car already :jlol:
I ordered mine 3 weeks ago, and won't get it until November!!

// Markus

AudiSuperDriver
July 27th, 2007, 12:35
man you are the best...so great car...it's my favourite...S5+R8!!!

Arslanoff
July 27th, 2007, 13:28
Yorkshire is so far a way from me (((( Visit me in Bristol, I want to see your car! :thumb:

Arslanoff
July 27th, 2007, 16:28
Thanks mate, but dont know when I go to London. unfortunately.....

David88K
July 27th, 2007, 18:44
oh man,i looooooove your car!!!! I want to visit you,when I´m in london :P

just a joke! good taste!!

David

MPT
July 28th, 2007, 18:59

Can you please tell me a bit more about it ? I have heard it, and i LOVE the sound. But as a professional, how does it compare to the one in the A8 ?. Have you heard Volvo's Dynaudio, if yes, how does it compare to this one ?

Arslanoff
July 28th, 2007, 19:04
And to BiMers 7Logic? I love when it is good sound in the car and like the Bass, it is pitty that B&O lacks of bass

Arslanoff
July 29th, 2007, 10:42
http://www.rs6.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5350&d=1185467186

I have one more question. According to the button of the seats heading on your clima, can we say :bye: to 6 position seats heading and get only one or it is still some how adjustable?

Leadfoot
July 29th, 2007, 12:05
Can you please tell me a bit more about it ? I have heard it, and i LOVE the sound. But as a professional, how does it compare to the one in the A8 ?. Have you heard Volvo's Dynaudio, if yes, how does it compare to this one ?

Glad to help MPT,

I haven't heard the A8 but there is a small but noticeable difference between the B&Q system in the A5 and the Bose system in the Q7, the sound are similar but differ in that the Bose has a fuller more rounded bass but is ultimately the less accurate for it. The A5 system is surprising spacious, equal to if not better than the Q7 and when you consider the cabin space difference this is amazing. Ultimately the B&Q system is better than the Bose but to maintain an accurate sound balance between the highs and the lows while driving you have to adjust the bass control up a couple or three positions which at normal listening volumes isn't a problem, the higher the volume goes the more distortion is introduced because of the increased bass.

Don't get me wrong, for the money I reckon only one or two OEM systems are it's equal, the Volvo Premier system is one of them and the Lexus IS range system being the other. Firstly the Volvo system, it has the best sound balance for a car of any OEM system around, to include 8" woofers in the front door is a real commitment from a manufacturer to it's sound systems. The only problem I have found with the Volvo/Dynaudio setup is left to right balance, it's centre sound stage is most dependent on where you are sitting, a good system like the one in the Audi still has a similar placement of instruments regardless of where you are sitting. The Lexus probably sits in between that is the Audi and the Volvo, getting closest to the Volvo in sound balance while matching the Audi in placement.

If sound is your number one reason for buying a car then pick the Lexus but all that will say about you is that you are a boring guy who likes his music.:p

Leadfoot
July 29th, 2007, 12:09
I have one more question. According to the button of the seats heading on your clima, can we say :bye: to 6 position seats heading and get only one or it is still some how adjustable?

I don't understand what you mean, the Q7 has a similar setup to that of the A5 which means when you hit the seat heating button on either side of the dash you adjust the setting from 1 ~ 6 by the rotary knob beside it.

Arslanoff
July 29th, 2007, 13:12
OK, got it, just never used that system and liked the wheels of adjustment on previous one. Thanks

M3 owner
August 1st, 2007, 06:53
Congrats on the S5.
That’s an impressive stable of cars mate,any chance you can post some larger photos?

IulianUM
August 1st, 2007, 15:30
Very nice car , congrats .:thumb:
Just a question , how is the rear space ? is easy to get into and out of the car?
I am a bit concerned about the rear seats but the car is beautiful , waiting for the Rs5 .:heart:

+44 Dave
August 1st, 2007, 17:13
Just a quick question about your "stable" Which car is sitting behind the S5 in your drive along with the DB9 and 360 ? Very nice collection ! R8 on the cards maybe ? Replacement for the 360 ?

markusla
August 1st, 2007, 17:59
Just a question , how is the rear space ? is easy to get into and out of the car?
I am a bit concerned about the rear seats but the car is beautiful , waiting for the Rs5 .:heart:

I'm 1,90meters tall and the rear seat is way too small for me.
Entry and exit is quite okay, and if i could remove my head i guess it would be enough space but right now I have to bend my neck to fit.

// Markus

MPT
August 1st, 2007, 18:42

I'm around 183cm, and i have no problem fitting in the back. There isn't a lot of room for my head, but i can sit there. The worst part is getting out - but i think this is a matter of technique / practice.

Oh yeah, btw. i'll proberbly be placing an order on a 1.8TFSI / 2.0TFSI / 2.0TDI in a couple of weeks. What a lovely car.

Regards.