PDA

View Full Version : Is there noticable difference between RS6 and RS6 Plus?

Michal12
July 25th, 2007, 19:58
Looking to buy a used example 03 or 04. RS6 Plus version commands a premium over the standard car which I am not sure I want to pay.
Is it worth it in terms of performance (everday usage) or any other reason (maybe rareness?)

Rutkowsky
July 26th, 2007, 20:50
i'd go for plus one since it is rare and will hold value much better and unless you're a racing/very experienced driver you won't notice much difference. RS6 plus sits 1 cm lower and is 0.1 sec. quicker to 100 km/h. Either way those are great cars

Michal12
July 27th, 2007, 14:18
Hmm, the fact that should hold value better than standard ones is not so sure I think.
Luxurious, rare or special things from the past can sometimes seem obscure from some time distance..(that`s what can happen when I will try to resell it in 2009):vhmmm:

i'd go for plus one since it is rare and will hold value much better and unless you're a racing/very experienced driver you won't notice much difference. RS6 plus sits 1 cm lower and is 0.1 sec. quicker to 100 km/h. Either way those are great cars

Rutkowsky
July 27th, 2007, 14:53
it won't seem obscure for a true enthusiast, who else is going to buy RS6 in 2009??

guessWHO
July 27th, 2007, 15:02

It makes no sense to pay much for just 0.1 sec :)
1 cm lower ? are you sure ? it's quite much ... I think

Rutkowsky
July 27th, 2007, 15:24
It makes no sense to pay much for just 0.1 sec :)
1 cm lower ? are you sure ? it's quite much ... I think

at speeds above 200 km/h i think 1cm lower will help handling a lot as it lowers centre of gravity and i guess that extra power will help you get a higher top speed, rs6 plus still ticks the box for me

guessWHO
July 27th, 2007, 15:26
at speeds above 200 km/h i think 1cm lower will help handling a lot as it lowers centre of gravity and i guess that extra power will help you get a higher top speed, rs6 plus still ticks the box for me

True. But I still don't think that the RS6+ will be a cm lower ...

Michal12
July 27th, 2007, 16:45
Maybe this is right. If I want to go for a sick car I might just go over the top - RS6Plus in Sprint blue or something like that

it won't seem obscure for a true enthusiast, who else is going to buy RS6 in 2009??

skiwi
July 27th, 2007, 20:13
i thought it was more than 1cm???

gjg
July 27th, 2007, 21:15
I'm trying to get the old spec sheet, + came with sport suspension - it is little lower and definitely stiffer, it could be 2 cm difference ... a "little" faster than rs6 in higher speeds by the old butt meter may be, but since we put mtm in ....:hihi:

cost difference on +/rs6 in same configuration was about 7k Euro, but you also got DVD NAV (incl. SD card MP3 player), susp package, 19" wheels stock (titanium no charge, n/a on rs6), sport susp., enhanced (black) exhaust, extra radiators (behind intercooler) 30 more bhp, slightly wider torque curve and the + badge ..

And there were packages you could not get on rs6, like cognac leather - you could have order special (@ cost on second car on rs6) :doh:

Michal12
July 30th, 2007, 13:26
Is it even stiffer than standard car? :MTM:
That must be real bone shaker! I was pretty disappointed with stiffness of the standard RS6 - it is too much I think.

I'm trying to get the old spec sheet, + came with sport suspension - it is little lower and definitely stiffer, it could be 2 cm difference ... a "little" faster than rs6 in higher speeds by the old butt meter may be, but since we put mtm in ....:hihi:

cost difference on +/rs6 in same configuration was about 7k Euro, but you also got DVD NAV (incl. SD card MP3 player), susp package, 19" wheels stock (titanium no charge, n/a on rs6), sport susp., enhanced (black) exhaust, extra radiators (behind intercooler) 30 more bhp, slightly wider torque curve and the + badge ..

And there were packages you could not get on rs6, like cognac leather - you could have order special (@ cost on second car on rs6) :doh:

Leadfoot
July 30th, 2007, 17:27
Is it even stiffer than standard car? :MTM:
That must be real bone shaker! I was pretty disappointed with stiffness of the standard RS6 - it is too much I think.

To the best of my knowledge the RS6+ had a better ride than the standard model regardless of the stiffer suspension, the same thing is true of the S3 compared to the A3 2.0TFSi S/Line. But I think someone with an RS6+ could say if this is indeed true.

+44 Dave
July 30th, 2007, 18:57
To the best of my knowledge the RS6+ had a better ride than the standard model regardless of the stiffer suspension, the same thing is true of the S3 compared to the A3 2.0TFSi S/Line. But I think someone with an RS6+ could say if this is indeed true.

I have an RS6+, not because i cared about the quicker speed or the so called one centimeter lower ride height but because it was the best RS6 avant i could find and it was within my budget so i went for it. I would say i didnt notice any differences between ride quality in the RS6 i tested and the Plus i bought, the plus was just a nicer colour, had black optics and had done a lower milage ! And was only about a grand more than any other RS6 avant...

gjg
July 31st, 2007, 05:29

that is correct, I have both "in house" and + does have better ride. You can't tell immediately, but it is there and it feels little different :rs6kiss: