PDA

View Full Version : Which seats are better?

Arslanoff
July 24th, 2007, 23:11
What type of material for seats are better, more comfortable for you and why?
*Valcona leather
*Alcantara-Leather combination
*Silk Nappa leather
And what is difference between Valcona leather and Silk Nappa leather?

Audihead
July 25th, 2007, 03:24
Valcona is naturally tanned and dyed, with Rubarb, regular cow hide from what I can tell.
Slik Nappa is calf hide, softer but yet very durable.

I prefer the Alacantra/Silk Nappa combo, it seems to wear good. Also, it breathes well in the Summer, and you don't freeze in the Winter.

guessWHO
July 25th, 2007, 07:13
[/quote]I prefer the Alacantra/Silk Nappa combo, it seems to wear good. Also, it breathes well in the Summer, and you don't freeze in the Winter.[/quote]

I agree with that part :)

Arslanoff
July 25th, 2007, 10:37
So Silk Nappa is much better then Valcona: more comfortable, soft and durable? Am I right?
And is Alcantara-Leather combination always goes with Silk Nappa in Audi or it is exclusive option? Because the configurator only say Alcantara-Leather combination, without details.
Thanks!

guessWHO
July 25th, 2007, 11:57
So Silk Nappa is much better then Valcona: more comfortable, soft and durable? Am I right?
And is Alcantara-Leather combination always goes with Silk Nappa in Audi or it is exclusive option? Because the configurator only say Alcantara-Leather combination, without details.
Thanks!

As far as I know, it comes with Perl Nappa and Alcantara. Only for the A8 it comes with Valcona and Alcantara.

Arslanoff
September 4th, 2007, 14:21
Hey fathers on the forum, who tried to install baby seat on the rear seats of A5/S5? How is it to reach the child without rear doors? Any disadvantages of coupe from this side of view? May be somebody can provide a picture if it is not very difficult.
Thanks guys!

gjg
September 5th, 2007, 22:17
silk leather is the best - I have also alcantara/nappa leather in Q and that does not feel as good as silk nappa in rs6 .... :nono:

No help on baby seats, this is problem of my childre ... ufff :cool2: