PDA

View Full Version : Audi A8 Future Concept.

Iceman
July 23rd, 2007, 23:53
I still find that Audi's look conservative.
I would like to see more progressiveness.
Here a photoshop idea of how I would like to see it.

http://www.audiforum.nl/phpBB2/files/audi-a8-future-concept_354.jpg

Hans.

nene
July 24th, 2007, 05:41
Don't know about the A8 as it is usually targetted towards an older crowd, however that would make a nice A5 or A7 GT-styled machine.
Great work.

darkart
July 24th, 2007, 06:48
Hi guys,
I don't want to disappoint you but this is a very bad fake!
And this is the original:
http://s2.desktopmachine.com/pics/Jaguar_C-XF_173_1024x768.jpg

Phage
July 24th, 2007, 11:39
Indeed obviously XF concept but i have to say, the audi grill looks really good on it :D

Damienr8
July 24th, 2007, 15:56
Dont like the headlights or the curves one bit.

HKS786
July 24th, 2007, 16:22
Iceman I completely agree with you. At the moment I do like Audi's designs, infact I like all of them. But I do hope when the next gen models arrive, they will progress into something more different. I think the Audi grille suits your photoshop and as a CONCEPT, that looks great! obviously the production model would be watered down slightly and would look better.

As a side note, the one thing I prefer about BMW designs is the sharpess of lines, but overall I find Audi's to be more exclusive and their designs are very striking...

Thrives
July 24th, 2007, 18:06
Looks like the Batmobil to me :) ... I don't think I like it

Phage
July 25th, 2007, 02:49
The car has a lot more extravagant design then most audi's but keep in mind that the lighting in the picture is making the lines come out a lot more. It does look really agressive from the front.

Not a bad replacement for the S-Type. :D

http://eurocars.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/jaguar_c-xf_concept_car.jpg

Iceman
July 25th, 2007, 11:53
Ok i change it, what do you all think of it now.

http://www.audiforum.nl/phpBB2/files/audi-a8-future-concept_194.jpg

Hans.

darkart
July 25th, 2007, 12:11
It is still a fake, but it is nice looking car:) I looks very sporty and angry. I like it now!

HKS786
July 25th, 2007, 12:12
Iceman that looks even better again! the headlights and LEDS look even more Audi-like. I really think Audi should move towards sharper lines in their designs. I really like Audi designs but I want to see them progress into something different. I mean, look at what you just posted, it keeps the "Audi grille" but the body is so different and makes the car look completely different...just my thoughts...

HKS786
July 25th, 2007, 12:13
...You know what else is funny? the Audi grille looks better on the XF Concept than the actual Jaguar grille!

guessWHO
July 25th, 2007, 12:36
to me it looks like a tuned A5 ... or the new RS5, but it has nothing to do with the A8 in my opionion :)

P.S. nice work Iceman

Phage
July 25th, 2007, 13:59
to me it looks like a tuned A5 ... or the new RS5, but it has nothing to do with the A8 in my opionion :)

P.S. nice work Iceman

Yeah i had the same thought, if the RS5 resembles this in any way it'll make the M3's powerbulge and even the C63 look tame :hahahehe:

Iceman
July 25th, 2007, 22:47
I think the new A8 need to make a big step forward, because it look very dated IMHO.
And why not make it look something like this, sporty and angry.

Hans.

Phage
July 26th, 2007, 01:41
I don't think making the A8 angry will be good for the market the car is aiming at. At least not as angry as the XF shop in ur sig.

HKS786
July 26th, 2007, 12:30
I don't think making the A8 angry will be good for the market the car is aiming at. At least not as angry as the XF shop in ur sig.

True, but the dramatic lines and the look would only feature in the Concept form. Look at real-life protos of the XF, it's more subtle in design. I really like this "A8 Concept", I wanna see Audi progress their designs into something new when the next gen models are being made...

Iceman
July 26th, 2007, 19:00
Imagine how fast people move over when they see this in there rearview mirror.
The hood power-hunch / Air outlet is for extra airflow along side and over the 5.2 V10 Bi-turbo FSI engine with 620 hp. :hahahehe:

Hans.

Leadfoot
July 26th, 2007, 20:31

Imagine how fast people move over when they see this in there rearview mirror.
The hood power-hunch / Air outlet is for extra airflow along side and over the 5.2 V10 Bi-turbo FSI engine with 620 hp. :hahahehe:

Hans.

Another thing to remember is this concept by Hans is based on the S or RS version of the A8, the standard form wouldn't have the power hump or the air outlets and the deeper front apron.

I personally reckon this combination is the best design of Audi's potential future to date and I for one would buy into the design language more than any past, present or future.

Well done Hans.:applause:

Iceman
July 27th, 2007, 15:29
Ok, here a less wilder version.

http://www.audiforum.nl/phpBB2/files/audi_a8_future_concept_979.jpg

Hans.