PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari F460

AndyBG
July 21st, 2007, 01:41
New 911 turbo is out, and they allready replacing F430... :noshake:

Tony Lam
July 21st, 2007, 05:36
no way...F360..."1999-2004" therefore F430 should on the street until 2010.:dig:

AndyBG
July 21st, 2007, 10:40
Whats the 911 Turbo got to do with it ?

Nothing...

RussianM3_dude
July 21st, 2007, 14:20
Ferrari has the same problem as BMW, the better they get, the uglier they get. Modern Ferraris are not ugly, far from it, but I find they lack a ceratain visual passion of the earlier cars, they are less elegant.

Speedou
July 22nd, 2007, 15:38
Some one thinks that way, some one might think that example Audi is nowaday staying too much in place. "Everybody" were dissing the new BMW 5-serie. Now it feels everybody digg it...I think that is best possible way to great new model. Little bit ahead its time.

LamboM
July 23rd, 2007, 22:26
I'm sure it'll be fast maybe even very fast but it has the same frog face of the 599 ,I hate it!! to be brutally honest.

LamboM
July 23rd, 2007, 22:30
You really think it looks perfect?
Well that's your opinion, I'm not going to argue with you.
I think it is the ugliest ferrari so far.

LamboM
July 23rd, 2007, 22:36
You hit the point DB9 , that is a great looking car or the Jaguar XKR Those are great looking cars.
If a 599 goes by on me It'll put smile on my face cause you still don't see thing like that every day But! the smile won't be because of how it looks, but the rest, I never said the car sucks, it's just ugly, but if I own one since I'll be in it most of the time, I won't be bothred but I won't be looking at it through the window or something.

Leadfoot
July 23rd, 2007, 23:16
The 599 is one very impressive looking car, sure it not the prettiest car ever to grace the prancing horse badge but it sure as hell isn't the ugliest. That prize goes to the 612.:D

The problem with all front engined supercars is this goal of 47/53% weight balance they are all looking, it f#cks up the side profile something awful. Great for handling, bad for the looks and alas most of these cars are bought solely on their looks. That is as much the reason why the mid-engined Ferraris hold their money better as the price difference.:brag:

But I do agree with everyone who say that Ferrari have lost some of the sparkle that once graced their designs and this is to the advantage of the competition.

LamboM
July 24th, 2007, 07:59
Oh yeah forgot the 612, then the 599 is the 2nd ugliest .
You think it's preety and that's you're opinion , the beuti is in the eye of the beholder, the prancing horse badge is fine I can live with it.
What I hate about it is it's frog face.
and the back here look at it:
http://www.auto-power-girl.com/photo-gallery/ferrari-599-gtb-fiorano/2007-ferrari-599-gtb-fiorano-7.jpeg
It look like it's cross eyed and it's smiling retardedly, this is an ugly car to me .
there is a thing that I like about the design: the air vents on the side
But that's as far as it goes.

tazsura
July 24th, 2007, 09:25
I absolutely adore the 599 :heart: . I think it's one the best looking Ferrari's in a whole generation. I loved the 575, but have new fav in the 599.:love:

If I was ever so lucky to be in the position to choose between the LP640 and 599, I think the prancing horse would get my vote...just about...well maybe....oh i dunno, but it would be VERY tough to choose! :D

Taz :bow:

LamboM
July 24th, 2007, 11:24
Really? to me it's a very easy choise, the LP640, I would pick it over the ferrari blindfolded and drunk, it's much much much much x7 better looking, it's just as fast if not faster and it's a Lamborghini!!!

tazsura
July 24th, 2007, 11:51
Oh yeh, don't get me wrong, i LOVE the LP640. But damn, it would be a tough choice. I saw a dark Grey 599 with the bigger wheels on it in Chelsea the other day....and it was just WOW :heart:

Taz :burnout:

LamboM
July 24th, 2007, 15:52
yeah the LP640 is a supercar some say even hyper car .
The 599 is a very fast GT car.
(This argument has been going on for years and will last as long as cars remain as our main transportation, and ferrari and lamborghini keep competing each other).

Performance wise, the 599 is the best GT car in the world with that I can't argue, and I must admit it is one hell of a car, but as a thing of beauty, it's one of the worst, in my opinion.

And I prefer an XKR , DB9 or an LP640 over the 599.
And the LP640 is my Ultimate dream machine, there is no othere car at the moment
that I want more.

Leadfoot
July 24th, 2007, 16:30
I am sorry but the 599 is no GT car, it's as much as GT as the SLR is. It's a supercar with the engine in the front.

Now if you were to say that the 599 was a less extreme car to drive and live with compared to the Lamborghini than I would totally agree. I think this is where the confusion between what is a GT and Supercar has got a little grey.

The DB9, the XKR8 and the SL55amg are GT cars, the 599 clearly is not.

Leadfoot
July 24th, 2007, 16:58
That someone's opinion of the 599, not mine.

Leadfoot
July 24th, 2007, 17:37
elstimpo,

In no way was I trying to start an argument, I was only highlighting the fact that a GT car is a car which is more designed for what the name implies Grand Touring. It is not one of the best handling, braking or acceleration car in the world, one could argue that with the exception of the luggage space, the Veyron meets all the requirements.

Now no one could call the Veyron a GT car, now could they.

The 599 is a supercar with it's engine in the front, plain and simple.

Leadfoot
July 24th, 2007, 20:57
I am not arguing with the car itself, I rate it's abilities to be at the very top of it's game, but I personally believe that all these magazines copy each other's terminology. If it's front engined then it must be a GT car, I can't think of one single front-engined car that any of them call a supercar, but every high performance mid-engined car capable of approaching the double ton is.

I don't doubt the 599's abilities to fill the role of a GT car but like I said the Veyron in all most every way also meets the requirement to be called a GT but in no way would anyone call the fastest, quickest accelerating car on the planet a Grand Tourer and this is all because of where the engine is placed.

The terminology of a supercar is to be the quickest, most exciting driving experience clothed in a body and chassis design for the purpose of achieving these things regardless of all others, the fact that the likes of the 599, SLR and 911Turbo do all of the above and still prove comfortable and everyday usable doesn't change their status from a supercar to a GT car, it only makes them better supercars than the rest.

Plain and simple.

Leadfoot
July 24th, 2007, 23:39
elstimpo,

OK, answer me one question then.

Name me one front-engined car that the motoring press class as a supercar?

I can't and the reason is, their thinking is not the car's ability but where the engine is positioned and that is plainly wrong. The terminology GT now being used to describe cars that are more usable than others, Ferrari choose to call the 599 a GT to make it appeal to a larger audience, but it's abilities clearly place this car as a supercar.

Lets face it, have you seen it in comparison tests with the likes of other GT cars, say a Bentley GT or M6 or even a DB9. No and the reason is it's performance is squarely in the supercar bracket, Ferrari has this car competing with other supercars like the P640 and the soon to be launched GT2 even the Carrera GT should be classed as a rival.

Leadfoot
July 25th, 2007, 11:57
The easy answer is that you are claiming that a GT cannot be a supercar. I believe it can.

Thank you,

You have answered my argument that it is a supercar. This was my argument all along, the term GT is being used for anything that happens to be more usable than the rest, hack the term is being use from simple coupes to the like of the SLR etc. Regardless of what Ferrari and others say the 599 is still a supercar, through and through, admittedly a very usable one at that.

With regards to the Veyron, I reckon you have missed the point of this car entirely, sure it had to be the fastest, but this could have been achieved without making the thing so easy to drive and luxurious. VW want this to be the ultimate car, a machine that would not only be the fastest but also one of the easiest to drive and all things considered, one of the most comfortable. For heaven-sake it can put all 1000hp to the road with ease regardless of weather conditions, now how many Grand Tourers never mind supercars can do that. If you are to use the term GT as loosely as it's used for the 599, then the Veyron is the Ultimate GT/Supercar, period.

Leadfoot
July 25th, 2007, 15:53
Not many, its a brand new model from THE premier fast car marque in the world. Aston, Merc, Maserati will all in the near future have cars up to that level. Does not mean they will not be GT cars.

Sorry mate if this turned into an argument that seemed to be going on just for the hell of it, that wasn't the case. I was pure expressing my opinion that though the 599 can be classed as a Grand Tourer it's position as one of the ultimate cars in both performance and handling deserves the title of a supercar, after all this is the market and class of cars that is competing with and everyone seems to have caught-en on the calling every front-engined coupe a GT regardless of it's performance standing.

Calling the 599 a GT was under selling the product, after the Veyron it is presently the most complete supercar available and for a hake of a lot less money than the Veyron. My point was this, the M6, the SL55amg, the Bentley GT and the DB9 are all GT cars but none of them could be classed along side the 599.

I doubt what you are saying about the likes of Aston etc, will be producing 1000hp cars any time soon. The requirement of 1000hp was needed to achieve the desired topspeed placed of the engineers, unless the above brands want this topspeed then chances are we won't see a DB or SL what ever with 1000hp. I currently feel that supercars in general with peak at 700hp and performance improvements will be made else where through either electric motors or even lighter components. As for the super-saloon power race, that is a whole other ball game, here I do reckon some models will approach power even above that of the supercar elite.

Once again sorry this argument going on and on.:thumb: