PDA

View Full Version : BMW X6 - ummmmm?! LOL

tazsura
July 20th, 2007, 12:57
http://www.worldcarfans.com/spyphotos.cfm/country/gcf/spyphotoID/6070720.001/bmw/bmw-x6-barely-disguised-spy-pics

:lovl:

Taz :p

El_cucaracha
July 20th, 2007, 13:05
oh my god............ this is even uglier than chevrolet lada niva............

LOL

Erik
July 20th, 2007, 13:47
One word: WHY?

Damienr8
July 20th, 2007, 15:18
OMFG wTF is up with the rear quarter

Klint
July 20th, 2007, 15:43
Please don't.

Let's hope the chaps who sign the car off as production ready don't put pen to paper.

tazsura
July 20th, 2007, 15:45
Just what is the POINT of this car?!

The X5 is an excellent SUV that handles fantastic and is still practical.

This X6 is just pointless surely?! :vhmmm:

Taz :confused:

skratch
July 20th, 2007, 18:51
easy,people will buy these in the usa,have you seen how ugly the MB suv is?They sell like crazzy over here.

AndyBG
July 20th, 2007, 19:10
X6 is going to be one of the best selling cars on the market, it combines everything that people wants today.

BMW starting this, and others will follow it, don't be suprised if we see Audi Q6 in the near future.

tazsura
July 21st, 2007, 12:15
I really like the Benz SUV. Don't find it's styling offensive at all to be honest...apart form the AMG bodkit versions.

I hope this thing DOES sell like hot cakes in USA. Hopefully that will mean that they will have to limit the amount of X6's that come to the UK, to meet the needs Stateside. Save me from throwing up everytime i see it.....

It might just be me, but i don't understand why you'd design a coupe-esque body nice and low, and then jack it up on an off-roader chassis. It seems like the designers have done double time on the same problem! Lol

Taz :rs4kiss:

RussianM3_dude
July 21st, 2007, 14:19
BMW is gunning for the FX45. Just you wait, Audi will build something similiar too... 5 years too late.

tazsura
July 21st, 2007, 14:25
I reserve judgement on the design and drive on the car until I experience it for myself. (Unlike others...). But from what i can see, the rake on the rear screen is much shallower than that on the FX45, thus comprimising load capacity and practicallity.

I'm sure Audi will follow suit if it proves to be a sucess. But this car is not going to cause waves in the number it sells, so coming on to the seen a little later will not cause major harm to Audi. There will be no doubt it will be a better looking machine from Audi however!

Taz:rs4kiss:

AndyBG
July 22nd, 2007, 22:42
This car is ugly, BUT so they said about Cayenne (I never said that !) and car was more than sucsesfull !

I think this is the path that cars in general will go, one car for every use, instant caffe, coupe for the country, SUV for high speeds...

Leadfoot
July 22nd, 2007, 23:05
Yes everyone is correct in saying this is an ugly car and again they are right in saying why.

But the bottom line is money and numbers, BMW like every other manufacturer is looking for ways to sell more cars and niche markets are the only way forward for this, so regardless of what we think this car will sell and sell by the bucket loads in the US who love non-rational motorcars more than anyone. Lets face it, they buy more SUVs and Pickup trucks than any other country, yet 99% of them will never be used for what they were made for. A totally impractical SUV will go down a treat I reckon.

tazsura
July 23rd, 2007, 09:20
A totally impractical SUV will go down a treat I reckon.

:thumb: :D

No doubt your correct Leadie!:asian:

Taz :alig:

LamboM
July 23rd, 2007, 22:17
O BMW it's painful how they fell to the grond like that.
They need to fire their designer fast!!!

masimo
July 24th, 2007, 09:56
LOL that's even uglier than an X3 ... that's quiet a achievement :lovl: