PDA

View Full Version : The RS6 is not a "Beast"

EATRICE
July 16th, 2007, 22:07
On Friday, I was given a ride in a NASCAR on the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Miller</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Motorsports</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Park </st1:PlaceType>road course. It was a retired car from last season where it participated in the Western States Cup. However, to my keen eyes, the only thing I could see different (on the car I rode in versus the cars that were racing last weekend) was: #1 Mine had a passenger’s seat and #2 My car had Hoosier tires while the competing cars wore GoodYear’s. We even had all the safety equipment of the racers including Hans devices.
<O:p></O:p>
Well today I don’t feel quite as cocky for owning an RS6. The RS6 is not a “beast” as many on this site like to call it. It is a well mannered, quiet, high performance, luxury sports sedan. On the other hand, the NASCAR was a MONSTER! It had a bad temper. It was so loud I couldn't hear myself speak. And there was nothing luxury about it.
The best word to describe the ride in the race car is “violence”. With that much horsepower and nothing to quiet it in terms of sound or vibration, it was as close as I’ve been to riding in a Top Fuel dragster. Everything shook and vibrated. There was no clutch. It was shifted directly from gear to gear which made the rear tires feel like they were locking up as we braked into corners. (They were turning, only slower than the pavement moving past!) And the car over-steered like the back end was on snow. So while in a corner, the line was controlled more with the throttle than the wheel.
My driver had 40 years of racing experience and we were on the track with some of his buddies, so there actually was passing, and (once) his friend bumped us from behind. The bump seemed insignificant however due to the violence of the entire ride. His friend blew a rod, so we were really going at it.
It was an experience I won’t soon forget and could never replicate in an RS6.

:cheers:

Benman
July 17th, 2007, 15:15
Eatrice,

I was able to share a similar experience with my whole family a few years back, so yes, I can understand how all things being relative, the RS 6 is no Beast in comparison...

But, for a street car, it still is a Beast. ;)

Ben:addict:

GeCcO
July 17th, 2007, 18:40
I think this is almost similar as to someone to be thinking that a semi-truck will outperforme the RS6 ;)

You just can't put a Nascar against a ordinay street car. Of course the racing car will blast the street legal car on any track any day. But you probably wouldn't ride on for work every day :P

gmbh6
July 18th, 2007, 21:35
EatRice,

So you joined the RS6 club......good for you. I still have mine, I just can't bare being without it.

But as for your story...Benman brings up a good point...keep it in perspective.

That Nascar is just 4 banger compared to an NHRA Funny Car burning down the 1/4 mile in shorter than it takes you to pick a booger.....

http://www.nhra.com/gallery/action/Funny_Car/dale_creasy.jpg

emc2rs4
July 18th, 2007, 21:41
i think wht's his point is that there should be another "word" ...more elegant...etc to describe our baby RS6! ^^
my 2 cents here though

AuditudeA642
July 18th, 2007, 21:55
:addict: :addict: What the RS6 is Not a Beast??? You are no longer welcome here :)

Copper
July 18th, 2007, 22:44
I like Lord of the Rings myself.

:addict:

emc2rs4
July 18th, 2007, 22:45
:addict: :addict: What the RS6 is Not a Beast??? You are no longer welcome here :)

ha ha :jlol: just wonder if you can come up another word for "beast"
curious to know what M5board members to call thier M5? though:lovl:

EATRICE
July 19th, 2007, 18:55
Thank you all for reading my story and for your replies. Yes, emc2, I think there should be a more appropriate word. And yes, the M5 board guys call their M5's "Beasts". So this term is really quite tired and cliche'.

My RS6 is named "Blitzen", which means "to lighten or to flash". But it's hard to come up with a word that we could all use to replace 'Beast'. IMHO, it should be more elegant, sexy, powerful and sly. What fits that description other than "mistress"? :love:

IP4ME
July 19th, 2007, 19:47
I always give my cars a female name. My RS6 is strong and sexy, and can be brutal or sweet, depending on her mood. For some reason, "Natasha" seemed fitting.

RS 6 AVANT
July 19th, 2007, 22:28
Excuse me, but You are comparing finger with cock :nono: :brag:

AudiRS6JD
July 19th, 2007, 23:24
I believe that the "Beast," the nickname for my RS6, should only be used for RS6s...did M5 owners steal our beloved car's nickname or what? If it comes down to it the "Tornado" sounds fitting for me, because of the roar the engine makes with the sweet sound of the twin turbochargers in the background.

:addict: :rs6kiss:

Aronis
July 20th, 2007, 02:27
Well...

"What the f___ was that?" is a good name....that is what mine is called by middle aged guys in Corvettes and Mustangs...LOL...

Mike

snoopra
July 21st, 2007, 04:32
Good one Aronis! I myself had an opportunity to drive a NASCAR at Walt Dinsey World Speedway a couple of weeks ago, and I must say, for a street car, our RS6's ARE elegant BEASTS!

emc2rs4
August 1st, 2007, 13:29
Today I found an appropriate name for my RS6. --- Canon
The reason I picked up this one is inspired by JerryC - Canon Rock.
If you do a search on YouTube (http://youtube.com/watch?v=by8oyJztzwo) then you will see how passion it is - JerryC's Canon. It's a classical but with different instructment and you can see how creative he is and time spending on it.

For me, I listen to Canon Rock every morning to lighten up my day.
It has elements of: PASSION (I believe all RS6 owners are very very into "performance" otherwise we won't pick up RS6), ELEGANT, and "rhythm" is my type (feel a lot of energy..)

by the way, I found a start-up recently at the same time when I bought "Canon", so wish me luck on project though.

Thank you all for reading my story and for your replies. Yes, emc2, I think there should be a more appropriate word. And yes, the M5 board guys call their M5's "Beasts". So this term is really quite tired and cliche'.

My RS6 is named "Blitzen", which means "to lighten or to flash". But it's hard to come up with a word that we could all use to replace 'Beast'. IMHO, it should be more elegant, sexy, powerful and sly. What fits that description other than "mistress"? :love:

Ruergard
August 1st, 2007, 13:47
Well...

"What the f___ was that?" is a good name....that is what mine is called by middle aged guys in Corvettes and Mustangs...LOL...

Mike

:hihi: :harass: :hihi:

:addict:

They just don't know what they picked a fight with!

sechsgang
August 2nd, 2007, 15:13
I get the WTF was that ALOT...and I LOVE it...

As for not a "beast"...it IS a beast...but its a ROADGOING BEAST...haha...my COMPLETELY track prepped turbo is only more fun on the track...I rock my RS everywhere...