PDA

View Full Version : R10 = R8 with V10???

tvrfan
July 15th, 2007, 17:29
this is an article from Car Magazine. so now i have a question:

Porsche of late is doing everything to remain in the news. Crystal balls are still trying to glean what Porsche plans to do with Lamborghini and Bugatti, which have thrived under Audi's watch. Now the brand, for which there is no substitute, has struck a deal with Audi to develop an entry level sports car called the R4 as well as the next Boxster and Cayman. The R-car will be the lowest rung in an "R" lineup that will hop even numbers from R4 to R10.

The R-cars will be geared not to compete with Porsche models: the R4 will ride below the Boxster and use turboed 4- and 5-cylinder engines. The R6 sandwiched by the 911 and Boxster, the second generation R8 to come in coupe and roadster versions, and an R10 supercar based on Audi's perennial Le Mans conqueror.

What will each party get? Audi gets Porsche engineering, Porsche gets aluminum spaceframes, diesel tech, DSG for all torque ratings, and they both get massive R&D savings. Both the R4 and the Boxster will then benefit from each company's pool of goodies, like night vision, heads-up display, brake energy recuperation, MagnaRide from Audi, and PDC from Porsche. The only thing left to decide is the timing: the Panamera drops in 2009, and Audi wants the R4 in showrooms in 2010. Stay tuned for a lot of in-house wrangling and a slew of hot new sports cars.

IS the R10 a new supersportscar above the R8 are they meaning the R8 V10 is calling R10??? what do you think?

tvrfan
July 15th, 2007, 19:52
anybody?

Arslanoff
July 15th, 2007, 20:31
And R4 is R8 with 2.0T :jlol:

Iceman
July 15th, 2007, 20:39
Most of this article is B*LL, it only exist in the car media.
There are no confirm plans for a join venture project of Audi R4-Cayman/Boxter.
It all depents on a future TT Mk3, will there be one and will it stay a front engine car yes or no.
If they change the TT Mk3 to a mid engine car they can call it R4.
I don't think they will change to mid engine and still call it TT.

Hans.

btw, a Audi R10 will most likely a Murciélago offspring with V12 TDI engine.

RXBG
July 15th, 2007, 21:10
from my source an updated more powerful gallardo is coming in about one calendar year or less. consquently, in that time frame a V10 R8 will be introduced. it'll still be called R8, in the way a 2.0 or 3.2 A4 are both A4s.

audi is timing the V10 R8 to bow in the same time frame as the lexus ls-f and acura nsx.

forget about next gen TT and R8 people. these cars just came out.

Iceman
July 15th, 2007, 21:20
from my source an updated more powerful gallardo is coming in about one calendar year or less.
There is a white Gallardo tread + video on here what to be sait is a V8.
That car sound more as a V10 to me and can be the new 550 hp 5.2 litre V10 FSI engined Gallardo.
In that case the R8 5.2 V10 FSI can get more then 480 hp.

Hans.

bober3
July 16th, 2007, 04:12
if the r4 is made on the boxter and cayman chassis, it could be very interesting considering that the porcshe cayman and boxter has a terrific handling and maybe with the dsg transmission and the new 2.5 l turbo that the volkwagen group had plan to put in different car

but i wish they would make it 4 wheel drive

but who know...for the moment we are living in rumors lol

Cristy
July 19th, 2007, 13:14
the r8 v10 caught fire and burned up
http://www.thecarconnection.com/Enthusiasts/Spy_Shots_and_Future_Cars/Audi_RS8_Mule_En_Fuego.S178.A12194.html

tazsura
July 19th, 2007, 15:09
the r8 v10 caught fire and burned up
http://www.thecarconnection.com/Enthusiasts/Spy_Shots_and_Future_Cars/Audi_RS8_Mule_En_Fuego.S178.A12194.html

This happend sometime ago Cristy.

Taz :cheers:

Cristy
July 20th, 2007, 10:38
i know...a few months ago...but i didn`t see this article on the forum...
:blush:

tazsura
July 20th, 2007, 12:35
i know...a few months ago...but i didn`t see this article on the forum...
:blush:

I think it was embedded deep within another post! Lol. No worrys!

Taz :thumb:

Klint
July 20th, 2007, 15:33
The V10 R8 can't be called the R10 as that's the name of the Le Mans TDi Race car. :)

The car clearly doesn't need the V10 motor whatsoever.

Leadfoot
July 22nd, 2007, 23:21
There is a white Gallardo tread + video on here what to be sait is a V8.
That car sound more as a V10 to me and can be the new 550 hp 5.2 litre V10 FSI engined Gallardo.
In that case the R8 5.2 V10 FSI can get more then 480 hp.

Hans.

Is this not the Gallardo that looked to be stretched? If so then could this not be a R8 chassis running a v10 over a Gallardo look alike body. Great way of making everyone think it's a Gallardo MkII with a funny sounding engine.