PDA

View Full Version : KW Variant 3 - Suggestions/Feedback

42TT
July 9th, 2007, 19:07
Looking into getting a coilover system for the RS6 as the DRC seems to be developing the usual gremlins and was reading up and found the KW Variant 3.

Just wondering if anyone has them fitted or has used the Variant 3 on their RS6 or any other cars.

Looking to find out how the ride was affected in both low speed and high speed driving.

42tt

Fen
July 9th, 2007, 23:00
I have them on my 944 turbo track car and love them. I dropped my car at West Tuning this evening for a remap and they have hardly sold any Bilstein kits since trialling KW v3 on a couple of models. They have only done one RS6 but have done several other A6 versions and say they are as good on the A6/RS6 as other cars.

The beauty is the adjustability and also the high-speed bypass valve. I can kerb-hop my track car without really noticing whereas other cars the same but with the original Porsche suspension get seriously upset if driven the same way. They also give a very compliant ride on the road, especially when set to the softer settings.

I think my DRC is starting to make noises on lightly broken surfaces although it still feels fine, but I'm pretty much decided to go KW when the time comes to replace it.

minimad
July 10th, 2007, 03:25
I have them on my MK V R32, HPA 450 HP Turbo, http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3002435

Also I have PSS9 on my RS6, they both are very excellent coilover systems.

V3 is more compliant than PSS9 at low speed, almost equal at high speed, but V3 need more adjustment to get the best out of it.

42TT
July 10th, 2007, 09:57
Minimad - Thanks was hoping someone could advise on how to adjust them for hard street driving to save me some mucking around

42tt

Speedou
July 12th, 2007, 16:41
Minimad - Thanks was hoping someone could advise on how to adjust them for hard street driving to save me some mucking around

42tt

I can also recommend the V3! There is some setups at KWs home site:

http://www.kwsuspensions.de/uk/index.php