PDA

View Full Version : plz audi make your future cars rwd!!!

tvrfan
July 8th, 2007, 23:07
is it possible to see the future audis with rwd and awd??? i think fwd sucks, the handling is not so great like rwd, you cant put the power not good as rwd on the ground and the accerleration is not good as it :cry:

Kowalski
July 8th, 2007, 23:25
Not a bad idea.

But I reckon the problem is not the configuration.

The cause of why Audi cars tend to understeer too much, is because Audi mounts the engine forwards ahead of the front axle which spoils the balance and gives the car the so-called "Nose heavy" feeling.

El_cucaracha
July 9th, 2007, 02:02
audi R4 is going to be RWD :D

Toto89
July 10th, 2007, 18:39
All of you who wants RWD Audis should remember this:LINK (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x20vnr_audi-05) :hihi:

Ruergard
July 10th, 2007, 19:56
I don't think we'll see rwd Audis. At lest not for a long time.. but there's a solution... a better one..

Quattro! :king:

Damienr8
July 10th, 2007, 20:02
audi R4 is going to be RWD :D

Source? :eye:

Arslanoff
July 10th, 2007, 21:07
Guys, RWD sucks, have you ever tried to drive Merc or BMW on winter snowy covered with ice road? In Russia those cars moving veeery slow at winter, a bit more acceleration and you out of the road. The best cars are Quattro Audis and Subaru.

El_cucaracha
July 11th, 2007, 01:03
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/secret_new_car.php?sid=821&page=1

this is topic about R4

tvrfan
July 11th, 2007, 19:26
comon fwd sucks :rolleyes: , it looses so mouch on performance and driveability. the article said, that the next boxster is going to be rwd not the r4 hes getting awd. and you know the bad things about the awd too, power loss, weight. PLZ audi you need rwd!!!!!!

skiwi
July 12th, 2007, 02:17
fwd doesn't "suck" any more than does rwd. i'd much rather drive a fwd car on a slippery road than a rwd one. anyone who has attempted this exercise will know how comprehensively faster the fwd is than the rwd.

the best of all worlds is still awd. there might be higher drive-train losses, but these pale into insignificannce compared to the losses incurred by a powerful 2wd car not being able to put traction down. drive a m5 or e55 fast in the rain and watch the dsc light telling you "nein" *all* the time.

4 x 0.2 is much better than 2 x 0.2

OfftheHeZie
July 12th, 2007, 02:19
I think you mean to say, Audi please use a lighter version of Quattro with better power efficiency than current.

~Mason

skiwi
July 12th, 2007, 05:34
But I reckon the problem is not the configuration.

The cause of why Audi cars tend to understeer too much, is because Audi mounts the engine forwards ahead of the front axle which spoils the balance and gives the car the so-called "Nose heavy" feeling.

not correct.

understeer is the choice of the chassis engineer. audi engineers their cars with longitudional engines ahead of the front axle line, but that does not guarantee understeer.

1) subaru engineers their driveline in exactly the same way as audi (engine ahead of the front axle). doesn't mean a lot of understeer for thier cars.

2) the audi rs4 is preferred by most over the m3. it has a longitudional engine ahead of the front axle. it doesn't understeer a lot.

3) the ur-quattro has steering feel unknown in the rs2. it has a longitudional engine ahead of the front axle. it didn't (esp in 20v torsen form) understeer a lot.

4) porsche 911's understeer a lot (caused by not enough weight on the front wheels). they don't have a front longitudional configuration.

these are all cars i have driven and experienced...

in future, it is better to understand the issue before you issue a diagnosis...

florin08
July 12th, 2007, 10:29
fwd doesn't "suck" any more than does rwd. i'd much rather drive a fwd car on a slippery road than a rwd one. anyone who has attempted this exercise will know how comprehensively faster the fwd is than the rwd.

I agree with you. And i sometines drive a fwd audi on slippery road. it`s way better than rwd. those who haven`t experienced these should`nt talk.

MR USER
July 12th, 2007, 11:26
It is all down to personal needs... where I am and for my needs AWD is the best followed by FWD... the RWD does not cope very well with the snow...

The rest is all down to tasted...

Audi RWD??? No thanks!!!! QUATTRO RULES!!!!!!!!

El_cucaracha
July 12th, 2007, 11:29
I think Four rings and 4WD to Rule them All :D :D :D

bober3
July 12th, 2007, 17:08
don't forget that audi make is reputation with the quattro 4wd

Kev.S
July 12th, 2007, 17:32
What really matters in snow is tyres. RWD is fine if the tyres are right. Saying that, I wouldn't go back to 2WD for a gold pig!

Kowalski
July 12th, 2007, 21:40
not correct.

understeer is the choice of the chassis engineer. audi engineers their cars with longitudional engines ahead of the front axle line, but that does not guarantee understeer.

1) subaru engineers their driveline in exactly the same way as audi (engine ahead of the front axle). doesn't mean a lot of understeer for thier cars.

2) the audi rs4 is preferred by most over the m3. it has a longitudional engine ahead of the front axle. it doesn't understeer a lot.

3) the ur-quattro has steering feel unknown in the rs2. it has a longitudional engine ahead of the front axle. it didn't (esp in 20v torsen form) understeer a lot.

4) porsche 911's understeer a lot (caused by not enough weight on the front wheels). they don't have a front longitudional configuration.

these are all cars i have driven and experienced...

in future, it is better to understand the issue before you issue a diagnosis...

You don't need to be an arrogant prick.

skiwi
July 13th, 2007, 03:30
better than being an ignorant prick though...

;-)

AudiSuperDriver
July 15th, 2007, 13:03
are you insane?AUDI WILL NEVER HAVE AN RWD CAR!4WD WITH REAR DISTRIBUTION IS THE BEST TRACTION IN THE WORLD LIKE S5/RS4/R8...