PDA

View Full Version : whats the truth about that audi goes back to turbo?

tvrfan
July 8th, 2007, 15:03
its comfirmed that that audi is going back to the turbos on the next B8 S4 and RS4 and TT like the RS5. whats the reason? is it because the CO2 emissions, or they have a good hand with turbo engines like 2.7TT. or they are they bad with the NA engines --> see B7 RS4 with the dyno probs, car magazine got 335hp on the weel. what do you think?

Mr Balsen
July 8th, 2007, 15:29
Actually, since the ur-quattro era, Audi has always been 'Turbo'. It is only very very recently that Audi buitl S and RS without turbo. And I know that internally, it has been big political battle. Main reason for stopping turbo was because BMW and Mercedes were not Turbo. But BMW came back to the turbo with the 335....

So I personnally really hope that Audi come back to the Turbo because the fact non turbo engines are better than turbo engines is bullshit from journalists...

Frederic

tvrfan
July 8th, 2007, 15:48
yeah thats right but i find it shit that audi is looking what engines bmw and mercedes build in their cars like oooh bmw and merc. is building non turbos i must i too. thats shit. audi have to do whats their best!! and thats turbo engines.

the next what i dont like is the engine politic on audi. bmw has great engines with great technic, they updating their engines very well look at 325i e90. at first 218hp, then 258hp and now 272 hp i think bmws direct injection technic is better then audis also the valvetronic. audi has the 2.0tfsi since the A3 and now on the new TT that sucks, they have to bring more new engines like 2.5 t or 3.3t or 3.5 fsi. the fsi engines are also not so good. like what ive said, bmw is better on the direct injection. audi has to bring more new engines and more new technics on direct injection and maybe updated fsi. and they have to update the engines like bmw also every half a year maybe. so audi would maybe stay good in the hp and engines war. look at the new 123d at with 2.0 and 204 hp in a diesel thats a great engine from bmw with a low Co2 emissions. i would love the see the same from audi in future that would be great. i hate it like what ive said, the 2.0tfsi engine is now good 4 years on the market on on the newest models also the shit 2.0 fsi engine and not so upgraded like the engines from bmw. man i will see new engines. 3.5 fsi or 4.0 fsi 2.3 tdi, 2.3 t, 2.5 fsi or something!!!!